ACC Network Update?

Z
Considering the below average quality of play in the ACC I doubt there would be enough interest to sustain it. Plus there aren't enough big time football powers within the conference to draw outside interest. The SEC Network draws a ton of interest from non SEC fans but who enjoy the football that is offered up by the conference on a weekly basis. Say what you want, but the SEC is the best pure college football product out there. The ACC is well below what the SEC offers as a total college football package.

You do realize that conference networks are more than just football?

Football is where the money is made. Not baseball. Or lacrosse. I would venture a guess that SEC baseball puts more fans In the seats and has more tv viewership.

Noticed you left out basketball, in which March Madness generates billions upon billions of dollars in revenue. ACC is by far the best conference in all around sports. The only thing the SEC have is football...and once this sleeping giant is fully awakened, SEC fans like you will go back into hiding.

First of all, the SEC will always be the most dominate football conference. The one sport they aren't dominate in is men's basketball. However, if you had to choose as a conference which one to be more dominate AND popular in, football wins by a mile. College basketball is a great sport and environment, but it still lags way behind football. A couple of posters keep mentioning baseball for the ACC. My guess the SEC is quite a bit more popular where it counts, attendance and tv's. Not to mention probably the best baseball conference as well.

The ACC is on the short end of the stick here.

Advertisement
Sec might have better football overall than the ACC. Doesn't mean they have more TV sets than ACC tv markets. TV is all about viewers and potential viewers. They don't give a fck if one conference has a slightly better football product than the other.

Z
Considering the below average quality of play in the ACC I doubt there would be enough interest to sustain it. Plus there aren't enough big time football powers within the conference to draw outside interest. The SEC Network draws a ton of interest from non SEC fans but who enjoy the football that is offered up by the conference on a weekly basis. Say what you want, but the SEC is the best pure college football product out there. The ACC is well below what the SEC offers as a total college football package.

You do realize that conference networks are more than just football?

Football is where the money is made. Not baseball. Or lacrosse. I would venture a guess that SEC baseball puts more fans In the seats and has more tv viewership.

Noticed you left out basketball, in which March Madness generates billions upon billions of dollars in revenue. ACC is by far the best conference in all around sports. The only thing the SEC have is football...and once this sleeping giant is fully awakened, SEC fans like you will go back into hiding.

First of all, the SEC will always be the most dominate football conference. The one sport they aren't dominate in is men's basketball. However, if you had to choose as a conference which one to be more dominate AND popular in, football wins by a mile. College basketball is a great sport and environment, but it still lags way behind football. A couple of posters keep mentioning baseball for the ACC. My guess the SEC is quite a bit more popular where it counts, attendance and tv's. Not to mention probably the best baseball conference as well.

The ACC is on the short end of the stick here.

You sound like a lil B, on me! "The SEC will always be the most dominate (which should be dominant) football conference...Why? B/c u and other SEC parrots say so? Over the last 30 years, the SEC has produced 13 national champions and the ACC has produced 10 (11 if you want to include the quasi ACC team in ND).

The SEC has gotten hot in these last 10 years...winning 8 of the last 10 titles. The irony is that's exactly around the same time Miami made poor decision after poor decision in hiring incompetent coaches and staffs. The fact of the matter is that the SEC has become good b/c OUR kids have flown the coop to go your way. The fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, the sleeping giant is starting to wake up. You see, once the fence is put back up, the SEC will fade. Les is on his way out, Ole **** is about to be investigated, Mizzou is done, and so is Aubrun. UF will be exposed as a fraud under Jimmy Mac, and Saban is counting his time at Bama.

Who else do u guys have? Vandy? Miss St? Texas A&M?? Tennessee? UGA? Arkansas??? Come on bruh. Take out Saban and the SEC stinks. You're a one team and one man show full of corches that get mad love from voters b/c they play in the SEC. Be clear, once Miami is back, the SEC will be a thing of the past, just like you have been for 25 of the last 35 years.

And please don't give me what the SEC did back in the day, b/c if you really wanna battle, the most dominant conference in CFB history is the IVY league.

Still no resolution on ACC television network | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Apparently eSECpn more than likely owes us (the ACC) $45 mil if the framework for a network isn't in place by July 1. This article also reinforces how annoying Swofford is and why the $EC manages to dictate terms to and cease power from conferences with bigger tv markets (us) and bigger fanbases/more $ (the Big 10). It'd be nice if we actually had an alpha running the ACC and not some Tobacco Road/Dook slurper that likes to act as slow as he speaks.

Longhorn network is bleeding money. SEC network is not as bad. ACC network, for better or worse, is on its way soon.

Advertisement
The SEC is in predominately rural markets. The ACC has the potential to surge ahead in urban markets... Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, the 757, etc. It's all about markets and advertising dollars. Don't underestimate the ACC in the long term. And, don't let Swofford's good ole country boy demeanor fool you. I've watched him for 20 years and he's as shrewd as they come in college athletics.

ESPN is hesitating a little because streaming services become more relevant, and as a result they are losing viewership. Also as a result of their **** product...but that's my opinion. That said, it's ultimately in ESPN's interest to develop an ACC network.

Net-net, it's not about "which conference is playing the best football" it about "which conference can capture the most media revenues". The ACC appeals to major media markets along the Eastern seaboard, and that's a strong position to negotiate from.

Last edited:
First of all, the SEC will ALWAYS be the most dominate football conference.

This statement tells you everything you want to know about this SEC jīzz gargler.

How anyone can say a conference will ALWAYS be anything, just shows what an SEC fanboi tool he is.

Advertisement
Back