ACC Network today

I’d say we are all close enough that recent results should matter. We got picked to win the coastal, I think that’s more accurate, but Pitt returns a ton of talent and so does NC State.

Of course I think we’ll have a better year, I just don’t fault someone for thinking either of them deserves a higher ranking to start with.
I just hope Pitt is still ranked when we play them

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami went 7-5 last year. The fact that they made a preseason top 25 poll at all is a small miracle.
not in here my man, not for going on 20 years.....every year, this is the year and how are x and y ranked ahead of us. But i don't' give a **** where we end up as long as it looks like its coming together and the recruiting continues.

not in here my man, not for going on 20 years.....every year, this is the year and how are x and y ranked ahead of us. But i don't' give a **** where we end up as long as it looks like its coming together and the recruiting continues.

This doesn’t have to be “the year” to know we will be a better team than those two teams we beat last year. There isn’t a metric available to place Pitt or NCST higher than us this preseason. We beat them both head to head, Pitt lost their two best players, we gained a better coaching staff than both schools combined, we have a higher blue chip ratio.

I guess you could say they had a better year last year than us based on W-L ratio, but what does that have to do with this upcoming season.

Miami went 7-5 last year. The fact that they made a preseason top 25 poll at all is a small miracle.
Who did Miami lose other than 2 wide receivers? The team lost 3 games on the last possession with the worst staff in the P5. We brought in 12 portal players at position of need. Not only did we improve our coaching it is arguably the best staff in the country.

Advertisement
Who did Miami lose other than 2 wide receivers? The team lost 3 games on the last possession with the worst staff in the P5. We brought in 12 portal players at position of need. Not only did we improve our coaching it is arguably the best staff in the country.
The 2 receivers were the single season record holder for yards and catches and the all time record holder for receptions in school history

The worst staff in the power 5 wouldn’t have won 7 games. Nor would the OC have gotten a head coaching job.

They also won 4 games by 4 or less so they could have easily been 3-9 last year. They’ve done absolutely nothing on the field that says they should be ranked any higher than they are right now.

Vegas has their over under at 8.5 so an 8-4 or 9-3 team would likely be ranked somewhere between 12-20 depending on who they beat.

The 2 receivers were the single season record holder for yards and catches and the all time record holder for receptions in school history

The worst staff in the power 5 wouldn’t have won 7 games. Nor would the OC have gotten a head coaching job.

They also won 4 games by 4 or less so they could have easily been 3-9 last year. They’ve done absolutely nothing on the field that says they should be ranked any higher than they are right now.

Vegas has their over under at 8.5 so an 8-4 or 9-3 team would likely be ranked somewhere between 12-20 depending on who they beat.
DB because he can recruit but he was a failed DC at South Carolina. Good for Lashlee he got a G5 job. Our rush offense and run scheme was near the bottom for P5 and our 3rd down conversion rate was poor. After those 2 who was competent?

Sure, Miami could have lost 3 they won but poor coaching and scheme made every game close. Off that schedule Miami should have won 10 games with competent coaching.

Your statement was it is a "small miracle" Miami is ranked. The fact Miami is ranked is fair. #17 is a good place.

DB because he can recruit but he was a failed DC at South Carolina. Good for Lashlee he got a G5 job. Our rush offense and run scheme was near the bottom for P5 and our 3rd down conversion rate was poor. After those 2 who was competent?

Sure, Miami could have lost 3 they won but poor coaching and scheme made every game close. Off that schedule Miami should have won 10 games with competent coaching.

Your statement was it is a "small miracle" Miami is ranked. The fact Miami is ranked is fair.
Are any teams that were 7-5 or worse ranked ahead of Miami?

Lashlee’s offenses were the two highest scoring offenses at UM since 2002. Who was the last assistant here to get a promotion to HC? Greg Schiano? They were also 50th in 3rd down conversions out of 130.

Do I think Miami is an improved team? Yes. Do I think they’ve done anything actually on the field to deserve a higher preseason ranking? Not a chance. Let them win actual games before deciding that they should be ranked above teams that were much better than them last season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This doesn’t have to be “the year” to know we will be a better team than those two teams we beat last year. There isn’t a metric available to place Pitt or NCST higher than us this preseason. We beat them both head to head, Pitt lost their two best players, we gained a better coaching staff than both schools combined, we have a higher blue chip ratio.

I guess you could say they had a better year last year than us based on W-L ratio, but what does that have to do with this upcoming season.
LIke someone else said, now do UNC.....why are they under us if they beat us. Who cares. Its pointless.

Lashlee’s offenses were the two highest scoring offenses at UM since 2002. Who was the last assistant here to get a promotion to HC? Greg Schiano? They were also 50th in 3rd down conversions out of 130.

Do I think Miami is an improved team? Yes. Do I think they’ve done anything actually on the field to deserve a higher preseason ranking? Not a chance. Let them win actual games before deciding that they should be ranked above teams that were much better than them last season.
Manny Diaz? Technically hired as HC by Temple

LIke someone else said, now do UNC.....why are they under us if they beat us. Who cares. Its pointless.
This makes no sense. They’re under us because their best player will be playing QB for the Washington Commanders and the second best will be RB for the Vikings.

I don’t get how our own fans don’t realize we didn’t lose ANY difference makers but gained a bunch of players and coaches. And other teams lost VITAL players.

USC had more losses than we had wins and is ahead of us 😂

Lashlee did great and he’s definitely the first assistant to be a head coach in a while…. But now our staff is littered with former head coaches. TVD’s performance last season alone warrants us being ranked highly, especially when his new OC is last year’s Broyles award winner

Advertisement
Back