ACC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2017

brcane1

Sophomore
ACC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2017

Miami

“They lost their quarterback, their best receiver and a big-time tailback, but they’re still probably the most talented team in the division."

"They didn’t expect (Brad) Kaaya to go to the draft, and he kind of blindsided them so, ok, who’s up next? It’ll be a little bit of a wait-and-see thing with the quarterback position."

"Outside of quarterback, they bring back more experience than anybody in the division, so that will be the key. They played a bunch of freshmen last year all over the field, so they’ve got some guys who can step in, and they’re recruiting well."

"Toward the end of the season they were playing good fundamental football and it really showed in the bowl game. I think it will help those guys to be in the second year of the system."

"Manny (Diaz) does a nice job defensively, but he’s a total gimmick guy. He wants to try to prove to people that he’s brilliant. He’s got some really nice pieces, but they’re too gimmicky for my taste."

"They have good young pass rushers. That’s probably the strongest part of their team. The (Demetrius) Jackson kid is special. (Shaquille) Quarterman was really good for a freshman.”

Advertisement
"Manny (Diaz) does a nice job defensively, but he’s a total gimmick guy. He wants to try to prove to people that he’s brilliant. He’s got some really nice pieces, but they’re too gimmicky for my taste."

They either recycled that or there is a coach out there that is very bitter about Diaz as this has definitely been reported previously.

Horrendous insight. If that's really from ACC coaches, they should consider watching more film.

Advertisement

They either recycled that or there is a coach out there that is very bitter about Diaz as this has definitely been reported previously.

That's what I thought too, but this is this years article and its dated today.

Yea that's an old quote or a bitter guy that won't let it go.

Advertisement

Narduzzi

One thing that I respected most about the Old Ball Coach- if he talked ****, he did it publicly and proudly.

Manny Diaz's gimmicky defense is going to put some ACC assistants on the unemployment line this season.

Advertisement
One thing that I respected most about the Old Ball Coach- if he talked ****, he did it publicly and proudly.

Manny Diaz's gimmicky defense is going to put some ACC assistants on the unemployment line this season.

"Gimmick defense". The one with no depth and full of freshman that only needed average offense and play calling to go 12-0 in 2016?

Did they ever mock Dorito in years past?

"Gimmick defense". The one with no depth and full of freshman that only needed average offense and play calling to go 12-0 in 2016?

Did they ever mock Dorito in years past?

They praised him publicly and mocked him behind closed doors.

Advertisement
Urban Meyer and Tom Herman have gimmicky offenses

This is interesting, with how many offenses are now run( spread, empty sets, etc) Id argue that if you aren't 'gimmicky'(for lack of a better word, I'd use 'inventive' or 'evolved'() on D, you might be a Blockbuster Video in a Netflix world. In certain respects just lining up in the 4-3 and running a cover-two over and over again is out-dated in todays football

Advertisement
Back