ACC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2017

Advertisement
I will have to pay closer attention to this so called gimmick D. To me we have solid defensive scheme. The last coach we had was a gimmick. Defensive ends out in the boundary. Linebackers lined up 8 yards behind LOS. I don't remember one single down last year being upset at the scheme.

"Manny (Diaz) does a nice job defensively, but he’s a total gimmick guy. He wants to try to prove to people that he’s brilliant. He’s got some really nice pieces, but they’re too gimmicky for my taste."

They either recycled that or there is a coach out there that is very bitter about Diaz as this has definitely been reported previously.

That's Manny Diaz writing that about himself to mind**** the other coaches. #4DChess

If putting athletic kids in gaps, getting them upfield and letting them run to the football is gimmicky, I'm all for gimmicks then. Much rather have fast players, playing fast than whatever those penn state clowns were trying to run in the previous regime.

Advertisement
If putting athletic kids in gaps, getting them upfield and letting them run to the football is gimmicky, I'm all for gimmicks then. Much rather have fast players, playing fast than whatever those penn state clowns were trying to run in the previous regime.

I think I can speak for all of CIS when I say co-sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The (Demetrius) Jackson kid is special.

I've said the same thing countless times. DJ has a definite presence on the field.

yNen4e9.gif

Advertisement
Welcome to football in 2017. Every team runs some type of gimmick offense. Defenses are just catching up. I don't see too many teams lining up in the I formation and just running iso and power over and over anymore. Why should defenses line up in a basic 4-3 and play cover 2 or cover 4 the whole game?

Manny to our Defense before the first offensive snap for FSU:

"At my signal, unleash ****."
Manny Diaz

Then they can re-write that dumbass article and the end of our season.

Advertisement
Back