ACC Championship Game

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
Do you think the ACCCG would be better for the conference if it were held on campus? At the highest ranking teams facility? I’d love Atlanta but the SEC has that on lockdown. Wish the SEC would rotate between Atlanta and Jerry’s World but that doesn’t seem realistic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes.

If it had to be neutral site, I'd say put it in Tampa.
Tampa would be a great site for the game and visitors. City experienced at hosting Super Bowls and BCS Championship, Clemson beat baga. Close to beaches they can enjoy in December. For kids and young adults there is Busch Gardens and Orlando an hour away. Lots of restaurants and entrtainment options. World Class Airport. Charlotte can't ***** with Tampa when it comes to hosting National/International events.

It hosted the Super Bowl in 2021.

So? Terrible venue for Football. Seats are crazy far from the field. Typical 80’s designed stadium. With all the new stadiums being built, I doubt they see a SB for a long time!

Advertisement
Anything is better than Charlotte. Nothing specifically wrong with the stadium, but the weather is iffy. It was like 40-45 degrees at game time in 2017

My guess if they were to make it permanent they chose a site that is as close as possible to be geographically between most schools.
Atlanta would be great, but the SEC has that site locked up and no way Atlanta would give that up, pure money maker.

Not this what I would want, but I would guess Charolette would be the ACC's first choice.

If they went rotational, having a game at Yankee Stadium one year would be pretty awesome.

Advertisement
You're also describing BOA Stadium.

Agreed! It’s terrible, only worse because it’s freezing during the game.

Honestly, Miami’s HRS is the best location for this game. The stadium and city are the best outside of Atlanta’s stadium which SEC already has. People argue it’s too far but no way that game is empty at HRS. Who doesn’t want to travel to Miami in December? The ACC ship game would be perceived entirely different.

They already tried having it in Florida, its not gonna be moved back. The only thing that makes sense, is having it at the home stadium of the #1 ranked team.

To make it at a permanent nuetral site, it should be a state of the art facility like in Atlanta or Dallas, and neither of those are options. Its ridiculous having our Championship at mediocre ball park like BOA every year.

Advertisement
Back