ACC Championship Game

Cortez55403

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Ok. Here’s my prediction: NC State vs Miami

Why NC State? Undefeated in conference play vs one loss for Clemson. Can the Wolfpack beat Clemson? Yes, the Clemson QB is hobbles and the Nc State defense is impressive. Plus, even if they lose to Clemson, they can still win the conference if Clemson drops another game. That game is FSU, I believe. FSU’s defense is very good and Qb Blackmon and RB Akers are getting better.

Why Miami? I feel positive about a win vs Syracuse. That means everything is on the home game vs VT. Winner wins the Coastal. Can we win it? Of course. Tough game.

ACC Championship? Can our offense generate enough juice to defeat the NC State D? Tough order, but not out of the question.

Your thoughts?

Advertisement
NC State gets Clemson in Raleigh too.

After that, last 3 games
@ BC
@ Wake
UNC

Clemson’s ACC remaining games
GT
@ NC State
FSU

Advertisement
Clemson @ NC state is the same day as VT @ Miami. That day (November 4th) will decide who reperesents each divison in the championship game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’d like to play Clemson. The beating they gave us is a part of the reason we ended up with Richt. Beating them to signify that we are back is sort of like poetic justice.

I’d like to play Clemson. The beating they gave us is a part of the reason we ended up with Richt. Beating them to signify that we are back is sort of like poetic justice.

I'll wait till next year or the year after. We need more depth and talent for the payback. But, we may have no choice and play them this year if they recover and beat NC State and FSU.

I was thinking about this, people mention NC State but only as a buffer to Clemson's strength of schedule. And I'm here like, the boys can play, their DL could be better than Clemson's. They seem to wear down v the Orange. The game is in Raleigh. I definitely consider them the favorite instead Clemson. Also I have never been impressed with Clemson's passing attack all season. It's like if a team wins a title people fail to see their flaws in the new season. That weekend will be a big weekend in the ACC. Game day could be at one of the games. Most likely in Raleigh

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'd say that is the best case scenario. I'm focused on Cuse right now. Enjoy the ride, one game at a time...

FSU/Miami.

FSU wins out. Clemson beats NCSt and NCSt drops another one to either BC or Wake.

Get to beat FSU twice in one year.

How would that get FSU in the championship game? They already have two ACC loses. Are you expecting Clemson to lose to GT and FSU? Both at home?
-FSU winning out means they stay with 2 losses (1 to a Coastal Team, one to an Atlantic team)
-Clemson losing to FSU means they have two losses to Atlantic teams.
-NCSt loses to Clemson and BC (both Atlantic)
-3-way tie in Atlantic

My understanding is that FSU wins the tiebreaker on rule 2

Three or more teams:

1. Combined head-to-head winning percentage among the tied teams.
2. Winning percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) conference winning percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league's tie-breaking procedures.
4. Combined winning percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Combined winning percentage versus all non-divisional opponents.
6. Winning percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference winning percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish. The tied team with the highest ranking in the full (College Football Playoff) standings following the conclusion of regular season games, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the two-team tiebreaking procedure shall be applied between the top two ranked tied teams. If all tied teams are not ranked in the full (College Football Playoff) Standings, the computer ranking portion of the Standings will be used, eliminating the high and the low computer ranking, and averaging the remaining rankings. (This portion of the publicly available rule is outdated, as the College Football Playoff no longer uses BCS computers.)
7. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner's designee.

Advertisement
I already have 2 hotel rooms with double beds. I would suggest everyone go ahead and books early. After the Va Tech game the Coastal Division will be decided and rates will go up.

Advertisement
Back