Absurd Expectations

I expect this team to compete for titles, this is not a rebuilding job IMO. Defense is his specialty and there is talent on that side of the ball. If he brings in a big time OC we should win the coastal and be competing for the ACC title.

Advertisement
Oh, boy, the expectations of 2016 season with a new coach, new system, and Al Golden's O-line and D-lines,
for example, are absurd ! You want to change the O-line then wait until 2017 because you're not going
to do it in 2016 with incoming freshmen.
Then again, maybe I'm dead wrong because so many on this forum are EXPERT in knowing what's best
for the team. Me ? I'm just wishing for the best, and I will be a UM fan until the cold, dark, end.

You don't have to change the offensive line. Coming into this season you had less than 20 starts combined. You have everybody back with a combined total of 80 starts. I do think we need to lean these kids up especially if we remain a primary zone running team.

If we go to four down linemen, then kids like Norton and Jenkins would be better served dropping 10 to 15 pounds. Thomas either needs to play 3-technique tackle at 280 to 285 pounds or play defensive end at no more than 260 pounds.

Actually, its the other way around.

Next year's prospects for the OL are much brighter than those for the DL.

Last edited:
BBB Crew has talked about Butch in legendary terms. I expect Butch to outdo Saban and Meyer and win a NC in his first year.

Last edited:
I think NC is a little absurd for 1st year but things like 10 wins and Coastal championship with competitive ACC championship game is absurd.... As much hate the OL and DL get, there's definitely talent there. Too much inexperience on the OL IMO and an interior OL/RT playing LT. I think the experience and hopefully a new LT in St. Louis plus a much better offensive scheme will help a lot for them. The positions I'm worried about big time are WR and CBs assuming Coley, Burns, and Elder all go pro. Maybe a new offensive scheme will help guys like Berrios(I don't think he's as bad as he's looked) and young guys like Brady and Cager. Njoku will be a star next season IMO. I think with a pro-style system, we'll do a lot of heavy TE sets with Dobard and Herndon. Yearby or Walton aren't game breaking RBs. They're the type of RBs who are chain movers. We'll be getting back Edwards who to me is a solid player and will add to that. Maybe the new HC will find ways to get Gray or the field because his speed could help. Then it all comes back to QB. Kaaya is as talented as any QB in the country despite being coached by one of the worst OCs in the country. He's experienced so that will definitely help with a new HC and OC. Defensively, we're thin at LB and most likely CB. I'm scared to death of our CB death with Burns and Elder likely leaving. Safeties should've solid with Johnson and Jenkins still there. At LB, we'll also be depending on Grace coming back. Him, Young, and getting back Owens could make for a very good LB trio. Behind them will be young with possible freshman in the 2 deep(hopefully we get MP back and hold on to Shaq and I'm forgetting someone else). DL is definitely where a new coach will have these boys thriving especially if AQM returns. The DL talent is very good despite of what anyone says. Guys like Chad and AQM would have **** near 10+ sacks under a good DL coach and DC. Plus we had a very talented freshman DT who played very well this season in Norton. Him, Jenkins, Chad, and AQMwould make a dominant DL under a good coach. The depth a DL isn't a concern in my eyes. Like I said, NC isn't a realistic goal in year one but 10+ wins, Coastal Championship, and competitive ACC championship game are very realistic.

Advertisement
Lowered expectations by the fans and administration have done this program in.

Stop acting like pvssies. Demand greatness. Hold the program and next coach to a high standard.

A DL of AQM, Gerald Willis, Courtel Jenkins and Chad Thomas isn't good enough? **** that's news to me.

A DL of AQM, Gerald Willis, Courtel Jenkins and Chad Thomas isn't good enough? **** that's news to me.

Plus Moten, Norton, DJackson.

We are more then fine at Dline for the time being.

They say Willis has been a blood hound on the scout team. 3 time scout team player of the week.

Plus Moten, Norton, DJackson.

We are more then fine at Dline for the time being.

They say Willis has been a blood hound on the scout team. 3 time scout team player of the week.

Exactly. The first line is a dominant force with the right coaching. The second line is also impressive. D Jack, Moten, Norton, possibly Trent

Advertisement
An elite coach taking over an 8 or 9 win team, with a very talented Junior QB, should win 10 games at least. If he doesn't, then he's not an elite coach. Simple.

The only areas that need rebuilding are the O-line and LB depth. He's already pointed to the line in interviews so I know that will get addressed in recruiting from the very beginning.

The only areas that need rebuilding are the O-line and LB depth. He's already pointed to the line in interviews so I know that will get addressed in recruiting from the very beginning.

I agree. Those are definitely problem areas. And those problems (plus not having many game breakers on offense) are the reason why we shouldn't expect a national title out of the gate, or to be in the playoffs for a couple years.

Advertisement
I think our defense should be a top unit in the country, at worst in the ACC. Too much talent up front to give up the **** we give up. If Corn stays ( I think Artie is out), and we show continued development in the secondary, we can have a good back end. Grace, Owens, Young is solid in the middle with the freshmen coming in for depth. Yeah, we can win this ****** league. Offensively, we will return everyone but Herb and Scott but we add some young studs. We should average 40 points per with a competent staff. Our OL can develop with the right scheming and coaching. We should for sure be in Charlotte next year.

I think our defense should be a top unit in the country, at worst in the ACC. Too much talent up front to give up the **** we give up. If Corn stays ( I think Artie is out), and we show continued development in the secondary, we can have a good back end. Grace, Owens, Young is solid in the middle with the freshmen coming in for depth. Yeah, we can win this ****** league. Offensively, we will return everyone but Herb and Scott but we add some young studs. We should average 40 points per with a competent staff. Our OL can develop with the right scheming and coaching. We should for sure be in Charlotte next year.
Another UM fan who still has his balls.

The 2015 team, without a coach (one could argue all season), limped it's way to 8 wins. I see 10 wins and a Coastal title next year.

Advertisement

It might be enough to help us compete for the Coastal if they were all 5th year seniors. Willis is coming in off a year sidelined. Jenkins is due for a junior slump. Chad isn't very good. And AQM is gonna be ballin' in the league, bro.

BBB Crew has talked about Butch in legendary terms. I expect Butch to outdo Saban and Meyer and win a NC in his first year.

That's because you're more interested in getting in message board fights than you are in supporting the next head coach.

Advertisement
Back