Absurd Expectations

Verobob

Redshirt Freshman
Oh, boy, the expectations of 2016 season with a new coach, new system, and Al Golden's O-line and D-lines,
for example, are absurd ! You want to change the O-line then wait until 2017 because you're not going
to do it in 2016 with incoming freshmen.
Then again, maybe I'm dead wrong because so many on this forum are EXPERT in knowing what's best
for the team. Me ? I'm just wishing for the best, and I will be a UM fan until the cold, dark, end.

Advertisement
Um has quality players on that dline and that's not a question. On the oline it's a different story

I think the article the other day said it best. When USC was on sanctions they recruited 5 star linemen to making the 2 star runningbacks look better. Miami has recruited great skill players but with this line, they will under perform. Butch even said his early 2000's teams weren't good until he recruited a monster O-line

"Compete for the coastal," is a losers goal.

I don't care who the next coach is, Chip Kelly, Butch or Mario Cristobal- Win a MNC.

Advertisement
Butch is not my number 1 choice. I'm 26 and I don't have a very vivid image of what his teams looked like. My only sample was with UNC and I wasn't impressed. However if he is hired I will support him 100%. As for expectations, with the way you people talk about him and make him out to be a coaching GOD I am expecting an ACC Championship appearance next year at the very least.

I am not sure what is absurd.
We saw what a change in attitude and discipline did for a team like Michigan.
We have a veteran QB. That is something most schools covet. We have a stable of running backs. And Talent to work with on Defense and Special teams.

If we could improve on 3rd down efficiency and redzone TD percentage why not expect a run at the ACC?

Butch is not my number 1 choice. I'm 26 and I don't have a very vivid image of what his teams looked like. My only sample was with UNC and I wasn't impressed. However if he is hired I will support him 100%. As for expectations, with the way you people talk about him and make him out to be a coaching GOD I am expecting an ACC Championship appearance next year at the very least.

Yeah I don't remember his teams I started watching Miami as a young kid during the Larry cokers first year

Oh, boy, the expectations of 2016 season with a new coach, new system, and Al Golden's O-line and D-lines,
for example, are absurd ! You want to change the O-line then wait until 2017 because you're not going
Then again, maybe I'm dead wrong because so many on this forum are EXPERT in knowing what's best
for the team. Me ? I'm just wishing for the best, and I will be a UM fan until the cold, dark, end.

We are trying to get out of that cold dark end place......

Advertisement

So tell me again why Michigan and if had such quick turnarounds with half the talent and in tougher conferences
?

Yeah I don't remember his teams I started watching Miami as a young kid during the Larry cokers first year

That explains it all.

Advertisement
Gotta change the culture. That might take 4 years or so. After that, I expect nothing less than making a run at the Coastal.

I am not sure what is absurd.
We saw what a change in attitude and discipline did for a team like Michigan.
We have a veteran QB. That is something most schools covet. We have a stable of running backs. And Talent to work with on Defense and Special teams.

If we could improve on 3rd down efficiency and redzone TD percentage why not expect a run at the ACC?

Culture change only takes half a year. UofM proved that. Get the guys out who dont want to work and get rid of guys who are taking up scholies. Bring 30 new recruits in and win 10 games next year with a VERY favorable schedule.

Oh yeah, and pray that only ABurns leaves early for the draft.

Its that easy.

Advertisement

That explains it all.

We barely remember anything about Butch at TheU so imagine recruits who are 18! They have to do research on him like I did and hear about him from people because what he did at UNC was not impressive. They won't be as excited as you people on here because of his accomplishments 15 years ago. Like I reiterated though if he is hired I will be on board and hopefully the recruits will too.

You obviously have been CokeshanGolden'd, because at Miami we should be winning the Coastal every single year, and competing for the National Championship every single year. The goal for this at this point in history is even less lofty as you don't have to be in the top two...just top four...to have a shot at the crown.

This team should have been a coastal-winning team THIS YEAR. I see talent on our defense (obviously our LB depth killed us when the guys started going down to injury) but they were not being put in a position to succeed.

I also see talent on offense...but I wouldn't necessarily call it elite (except for maybe Coley, Njoku, and Kaaya). Our OL is abysmal and needs to improve. But despite all of this, our division in our conference sucks so bad that we should still have come out on top.

That UNC performance was horrible.

My expectation is to win the coastal next year and play in the ACCCG.

Beyond next year...we need to be competing for the 'ship.

That is what is expected at Miami, and based on the rumors we will be bringing someone in who understands that expectation.

Momentum is a **** of a thing. Hire Butch, and watch the recruits come in, watch the culture change dramatically, watch the national media, watch the fan support and watch us dominate.

Advertisement
Back