Absolutely gigantic game for Diaz Sat

I said the same thing after the FSU game. Bad coaches win big games all the time. Every coach gets an occasional great performance out of their team.

The trick to being a top coach is getting that FSU effort almost every week. It’s the toughest aspect of coaching and why there are only a few top coaches in football. The ability to curate amongst your team a frenzy of enthusiasm every week and the attitude that good isn’t good enough is magical.

If we respond to some prosperity by dialing down the frenzy and constant effort then FSU was meaningless and Manure is who everyone thought he was

Advertisement
You can be a skeptic all you want, but you're also a massive downer if you can't feel good after beating FSU. More to the point, if you're gonna call people out for recency bias, then you can't turn around and view the teams performance in game 1 (or game 7 for that matter) the same as game 9. Although a lot of people on here seem to not understand this, teams actually improve throughout the year and if you can't see the improvement week over week that this team and coaching staff have made then I don't know what to tell you.

We have not improved week over week this year. We followed up UF with another bad game vs UNC and a freshman QB. We went and laid an egg vs. a MAC school and were lucky to escape with a win. We turn around the next week and lose to a bad VT team at home with a new QB before playing another not great game and winning vs UVA. Then a terrible loss vs GT and a win vs Pitt that we gained 200 yards in. We weren’t really good in either game. So that’s the track records to date. We beat a bad FSU team and it feels great. But we have not been a team that is consistently good week to week and I would say we are still not great in a lot of the same areas we weren’t great in vs UF. We will see how we show up vs UL

If Manny can get the defense to play with the same intensity as in the last 2 games, we will get a W. It's up to the D.
thumbs up.gif

And they lost 4 games in a row in 2016 before rattling off 15 straight. Point is, you can’t start a winning streak without a loss. Nobody is anointing anything, but there are more games to play. And although this can’t be a successful season, if you told me Manny was about to run off 13 more in a row, I’d forget about that home GT loss on October 19th pretty quickly.
Yes, I would be willing to call it growing pains.

When I saw the first two letters of the thread title I thought this was another thread about my *****. But this is still a good thread.

Advertisement
I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.

You seriously know our ATS record the last 5 years after the FSU game? Do you write down the spreads in all of our games somewhere?

Advertisement
When I saw the first two letters of the thread title I thought this was another thread about my *****. But this is still a good thread.
I remember how awesome the last thread about your ***** was. We need another one soon.

Yes, this is Miami. Where for some odd unfathomable reason, the AD continues to make the same blunders when it comes around to hiring a hopeful competent " sky is the limit " head coach. Go figure.
Fans are not very good at getting rid of ADs. We need to practice that.

...This game is gigantic for Manny...
Says increasingly nervous man for the 5th time.

A must-win puts extraordinary weight of significance on the outcome of a game.
Our must-win game came in Week 5 against VTech (for the coastal) and last weekend against FSU (for recruiting). What is Louisville to us now when others control our destiny?

I'll take and be happy with a Win any way we can get it.

But winning something like 17-13 won't indicate signs of turning a corner to me.

In the last 5 games Louisville has given up - 35, 39, 59, 45, and 28 points. It shouldn't be a struggle to put up points on this team.

Advertisement
Says increasingly nervous man for the 5th time.

A must-win puts extraordinary weight of significance on the outcome of a game.
Our must-win game came in Week 5 against VTech (for the coastal) and last weekend against FSU (for recruiting). What is Louisville to us now when others control our destiny?

Progression.

But winning something like 17-13 won't indicate signs of turning a corner to me.

In the last 5 games Louisville has given up - 35, 39, 59, 45, and 28 points. It shouldn't be a struggle to put up points on this team.
Have you seen us play? Its always a struggle for us to put up points.

Advertisement
Absolutely gigantic game for the team overall no doubt, but you gotta admit, at this point it's all but guaranteed our defense is going to show up. We haven't played the most dynamic of offenses since Manny got heavily involved again but the way in which we are shutting teams down is still extremely impressive and has me leaning on the side that we finally have players maturing into their roles and coaches not calling absolute catastrophic play calls.

The real spotlight on this game is going to be on the offense. I'm one of the few Enos supporters here and this game is absolutely huge for him. It's unfortunate Jarren got injured because with Kosi starting games we looked like the world's worst offense. That's not the case when Jarren starts and we finally have Jarren healthy again. We also got the OL looking night and day better.

We've got momentum on our side. We're facing a **** UL defense. We need to put up 30 points. No excuses. If not, I'll start to get on board with the Enos hatred.

Defense and Special teams show up we win period.
Especially if the Kicker keeps on making the majority of his kicks.

I have a feeling if we score 17 we ain’t winning. Louisville can score the football.

Advertisement
Back