Absolutely gigantic game for Diaz Sat

I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.

Advertisement
It is huge. Really, we have played one nearly complete game all year, and it was last week. This is the perfect chance to take a huge step forward, or a chance to take a terrible step back. I still can't shake the losses and nail biters to bad teams. A win against a bad FSU team doesn't take all that away. Winning a lot more will.

Advertisement
Solid points in the OP. This game is also important for the fact that it is...
1. Senior Day/Last home game of the season
2. Homecoming
3. Can secure a bowl game
4. Dont want fans who's attending the game to have a loss as their last memory at HRS this season
5. Last but not least, THERE IS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON TO LOSE THIS GAME!!!

Last edited:
Beating FSU and Pitt doesn’t make Miami a good team or erase the disappointment of the first half of the season.

But beating them and Louisville and FIU and rolling into Durham at Thanksgiving with a chance to go to a decent bowl and win 9 games helps out a little. And gives some hope headed forward that maybe Manny might be decent here, which was NOT there 2 weeks ago.

There is so many people who post on this board who want to see a loss Saturday so they can slither out from underneath there rocks. They're ****ed about the last two weeks but Manny is about to push his 8-------------------) further down their throats

Last edited:
Advertisement
We lost to Georgia Tech at home on October 19th. You guys are very fickle.

And they lost 4 games in a row in 2016 before rattling off 15 straight. Point is, you can’t start a winning streak without a loss. Nobody is anointing anything, but there are more games to play. And although this can’t be a successful season, if you told me Manny was about to run off 13 more in a row, I’d forget about that home GT loss on October 19th pretty quickly.

It is huge. Really, we have played one nearly complete game all year, and it was last week. This is the perfect chance to take a huge step forward, or a chance to take a terrible step back. I still can't shake the losses and nail biters to bad teams. A win against a bad FSU team doesn't take all that away. Winning a lot more will.
Last week is the only time we've looked good. We'd better win on Saturday.

Advertisement
I’m worried. Don’t trust Manny or his staff to have the team ready to play. I expect another slow start to this game

I couldn’t care less how they start. The best coaches of all time have trouble getting their team to play their A+ game after an emotional win. But good coaches find ways to win home games that you’re favored in. 34-10 would be great, but just play clean and hard and find a way to win.

I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.

100%,this week will tell a lot about this team. FSU was a huge win, and it was the best I saw Miami play all year, but not to take anything away from this team but FSU is not a very good football team.This UM team, haa won two tough games in a row, let’s see if they turned a corner. I think the the might have.

Spot on.

Advertisement
We are going to spank that *** this weekend.

Leg-Guitar.gif

Solid points in the OP. This game is also important for the fact that it is...
1. Senior Day/Last home game of the season
2. Homecoming
3. Can secure a bowl game
4. Dont want fans who's attending the game to have a lost as their last memory at HRS this season
5. Last but not least, THERE IS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON TO LOSE THIS GAME!!!
6. Some really important recruits will be in attendance, including Justin Flowe and Jaylen Harrell.

Advertisement
Back