About the Oline, spoke to Dr Claude Jones last night...

Yeah Nix was horrible. Ugh. Still think last year was the worst but it’s a nightmare
Nix was much better than Richt. Last year was not only the worst coaching job I have seen in recent memory but the offense in particular was by far the worst that I have ever seen here. The probation era offenses were better. The offensive production relative to the talent level on offense may be the absolute worst I have ever seen and that is saying something. Richt's only choice was to step down if he wanted to keep his dignity and legacy intact. I respect him for that.

Advertisement
He didn't say its 45 lbs of all muscle. He went from 235lbs at 10% bodyfat to 280lbs at 14% body fat. He's supposedly 291 now. That's about 36 to 37lbs of muscle which is completely doable over the time he's been on campus with proper nutrition and lifting. 2 lbs a week which is about what he has put on is not as crazy as it seems. When you take into the fact that this is probably the first time Zion has eaten appropriately in his life it makes it more believable.
What do you mean "first time ... eaten approximately"? Perhaps you should reword it to read: "first time having a nutritionist"

This is probably my biggest source of optimism. I’m not saying Enos is Bill Walsh in the ‘80s, but I KNOW he doesn’t absolutely suck. He might be really good, we’ll see. But his absolute bottom floor is he’s competent. We know all about the defense. This really might be the first time we’ve paired competent coordinators in 20 years.
I truly think Enos coming in as OC was a match made in heaven. As you said, we haven't had a decent OC in years, & I can't remember the last time we had a great one. On Enos' side, he's never called plays for a roster anywhere close to as talented as this one, and he came to a school with two elite TE's that I think will be among the top TE duos of all time when it's all said & done - Enos loves using his TEs & does it very well. He must be like a kid in a candy shop right now. This offense will turn heads with said TEs, Jeff Thomas, who hasn't really come close to showing us what he's got just yet, and Jarren Williams slinging it to them.

We are on the cusp of greatness. It's happening.

Advertisement
last season was one of the worst jobs of corching I have ever witnessed...

:unsure: Good for you!

Unfortunately, many of us have seen worse ( on O and D )

Seems you missed our "Golden" years......starring the infamous Coach D on our defense

I wish I hadn't seen either one of those corching job...but you can't unsee, what you've seen

I truly think Enos coming in as OC was a match made in heaven. As you said, we haven't had a decent OC in years, & I can't remember the last time we had a great one. On Enos' side, he's never called plays for a roster anywhere close to as talented as this one, and he came to a school with two elite TE's that I think will be among the top TE duos of all time when it's all said & done - Enos loves using his TEs & does it very well. He must be like a kid in a candy shop right now. This offense will turn heads with said TEs, Jeff Thomas, who hasn't really come close to showing us what he's got just yet, and Jarren Williams slinging it to them.

We are on the cusp of greatness. It's happening.

I agree with most of your post but Coley could classify as decent.

I'm just excited to have good, proven coaches, on both sides of the ball. Diaz as a HC is the only thing that's unproven, but he's motivated the players on defense, and even some of of the offensive guys looked to him before the games. He doesn't strike me as somebody who's going to **** the bed on gamedays, but I guess we'll have to find out.

Advertisement
Nix was much better than Richt. Last year was not only the worst coaching job I have seen in recent memory but the offense in particular was by far the worst that I have ever seen here. The probation era offenses were better. The offensive production relative to the talent level on offense may be the absolute worst I have ever seen and that is saying something. Richt's only choice was to step down if he wanted to keep his dignity and legacy intact. I respect him for that.
Agreed. Last year's offensive playcalling wasn't just bad, it really was inexplicable. It just made no sense, it seemed to intentionally avoid high-percentage plays that increase the likelihood of success (ie. two delayed runs down the middle, followed by a 20 yard sideline route jump ball on 3rd and 6...over and over and over again). It made zero attempt to adjust to counter the defense's strengths and weaknesses. When Richt FINALLY decided to try to shake things up a little, he would do something as utterly nonsensical as FINALLY deciding to run a jet sweep with Thomas....but choosing to do so in a pouring rainstorm with a good 1/2" of standing water on the field and terrible footing, which is about the worst time to do it.

Here’s the thing, we know Grantham is going to blitz. If Enos calls a great game and times some screens, jet sweeps, slants etc... we have the athletes to house them if we catch Florida blitzing. It’s possible to over blitz and actually make the QB’s job easier at times. We have seen Diaz do that, where we leave a gap wide open or TE wide open in the middle of the field. It’s all about Williams eating the sack instead of throwing a pick. If nothing is there, he needs to take the sack or try and throw it away. Pretty simple actually.

I love coach Richt for helping dig the program out a hole after Golden. But the fact was he was tired and had lost interest in the game. He really should have retired after UGA. Last year he seemed to be just going through the motions. Sometimes you just don't know when its time to call it quits. But a applaud him for leaving like a gentleman. Not many people walk away from $20m. Sorry but that is a LOT of green backs.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing, we know Grantham is going to blitz. If Enos calls a great game and times some screens, jet sweeps, slants etc... we have the athletes to house them if we catch Florida blitzing. It’s possible to over blitz and actually make the QB’s job easier at times. We have seen Diaz do that, where we leave a gap wide open or TE wide open in the middle of the field. It’s all about Williams eating the sack instead of throwing a pick. If nothing is there, he needs to take the sack or try and throw it away. Pretty simple actually.
Our TEs and RBs could feast in the passing game. Quick chip block then leak out into the flats or the middle for an easy completion....then we just need some YAC to turn it into big plays.

As I said countless times, my youth team offense had more variety than Richt's offense. Was really a shame he was doing that at a college level.

Advertisement
Back