About that Matt Campbell

Leach went 11-2 at WSU not long ago. That is impressive. Also what makes Iowa St the worst job? They make more annual revenue than Oklahoma State.
Oklahoma State has access to Texas and far more money from Boone Pickens. WSU is in the conversation for the worst Power 5 job, in fact I think it is the parallel. I referred to ISU as arguably the worst power 5 job. Was your post just to make my point for me?

Advertisement
You know it's been done before at ISU right? Lets not act like this is some kind of anomoly and ISU has never been competitive before.

Campbell is a good coach. I just think our board likes to make him to be more than he is because they hate Manny
OK, make a list. I see one coach in ISU history in that conversation. You act like it is easy to win at ISU.

Advertisement
I never said it was easy did I? Words never were typed by me. I just said it’s been done before. I said the same thing about the pirate about Wash St
Still waiting for that list. And please focus on the last century.

Yeah, again, that is what I thought.

Last edited:
Well in 1911 and 1912 they won their only two conference championships
I live 30 miles from Ames. It is a tough place to recruit. They develop all of their players and have a solid system. They recruit 2 star athletes and get some 3 stars that can’t get a committable offer from Iowa, Oklahoma or Texas. Campbell is a great coach and if you’ve met him, it’s not hard to see why he is a good coach. He is a stand up guy and connects well with players and recruits. you will see his impact on Iowa state if/when he leaves.

Advertisement
Oklahoma State has access to Texas and far more money from Boone Pickens. WSU is in the conversation for the worst Power 5 job, in fact I think it is the parallel. I referred to ISU as arguably the worst power 5 job. Was your post just to make my point for me?

I agree and disagree. ISU is a tough place, but Ames is twice the size of Pullman, WA. It's about 30-40 min to Des Moines which has 300,000 people. There isnt sh#t to do in Pullman and it's about 1.5 hrs to Spokane (also a city with nothing to do but has 200k). Iowa State isn't broke and the conference they play in is much better then either the Pac 12 or ACC. I don't think it gets worse than Pullman. If you are asking who has done more with less, Mike Leach takes a dump on Campbell. Leach, even in his unsuccessful years, was still sending players to the NFL. Campbell has had 2 in 4 years (a 3rd and 4th rounder in 2019). I wouldnt want Leach as Miami HC either, but he out coaches Campbell by a large margin.

I agree and disagree. ISU is a tough place, but Ames is twice the size of Pullman, WA. It's about 30-40 min to Des Moines which has 300,000 people. There isnt sh#t to do in Pullman and it's about 1.5 hrs to Spokane (also a city with nothing to do but has 200k). Iowa State isn't broke and the conference they play in is much better then either the Pac 12 or ACC. I don't think it gets worse than Pullman. If you are asking who has done more with less, Mike Leach takes a dump on Campbell. Leach, even in his unsuccessful years, was still sending players to the NFL. Campbell has had 2 in 4 years (a 3rd and 4th rounder in 2019). I wouldnt want Leach as Miami HC either, but he out coaches Campbell by a large margin.
If you think WSU is empirically a tougher job than ISU, OK. As I said, it is arguable. Pullman v. Ames? I don't see the point. You aren't recruiting 30-60,000 person areas. And when did Des Moines become a recruiting hotbed? Iowa v. Washington, which state would you rather recruit? Seriously, which state has more annual talent and depth of talent? And then, which region would you rather recruit? If you think Leach is empirically a superior coach, OK. If you say you'd hire Leach over Campbell......OK.

We'll see what the future holds, but Leach has been begging for Power 5 jobs and Campbell has been turning them down.

Last edited:
Would take Campbell in a heartbeat. I think we had above average luck with a Big XII coach in the past

Manny isn't going anywhere though.
He'd kill it at Miami. He's an awesome X's and O's coach and he's PASSIONATE which I think Miami kids would love after playing for two corpses. Iowa State doesn't have much talent and Purdy is just okay, he has overachieved there every year.

Advertisement
I live 30 miles from Ames. It is a tough place to recruit. They develop all of their players and have a solid system. They recruit 2 star athletes and get some 3 stars that can’t get a committable offer from Iowa, Oklahoma or Texas. Campbell is a great coach and if you’ve met him, it’s not hard to see why he is a good coach. He is a stand up guy and connects well with players and recruits. you will see his impact on Iowa state if/when he leaves.
They are starting to come down to the Kansas City area and getting some decent recruits, too.

It’s just insufferable on here with this ****. Per the mouth breathers on this board, you should ignore your eyes telling you that this guy has turned Iowa ******* State into a consistent Top 25 team...just not good enough for the elevated standards of the Butch Brigade.

You know how we laugh when Bama fans want to fire Saban the one time a year they lose a game? These are the same types of people.

Advertisement

You sure your not a former Leach lover who now finally realizes he’s a fraud?

Campbell is far better than your weird cult hero.

We still looking at issues with others head coaches and teams and we still have Manny with Rumph and Baker crapping the bed. Matt Campbell and his staff will not have lost by 40+ points to UNC under no circumstances.

That was insightful. Would you rather have Tenessee or Iowa as your recruiting base? Would you rather fight over the scraps in Georgia or Minnesota?

Yeah, that is what I thought.

Go fvck yourself. You didn't make a comment about recruiting bases. You made a comment about competing for and winning the conference, which is nearly impossible for Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
Go fvck yourself. You didn't make a comment about recruiting bases. You made a comment about competing for and winning the conference, which is nearly impossible for Vanderbilt.
Maybe you are not familiar with college football. Fielding competitive teams requires recruiting. Recruiting requires access to actual talent. Anyone evaluating programs, performance, and potential would look at the real recruiting base for a program. Iowa State basically has none. It is the distant second place school in a state that does not turn out a lot of high school talent, Ames is not a true college town, the majors the school specializes in are not for the masses, there is no beach or other attraction, and it cannot offer the enticement of a private school education. What Campbell is doing in Ames is amazing.

Oh, and you may **** yourself as well. Dumbass.

Advertisement
Back