About that Matt Campbell

Name a coach doing more with less. And he's done it for multiple years.

He has, arguably, the worst Power 5 job in America competing for a conference title.
Take out Dabo and Saban and where would you rank Matt Campbell? With what he's done at Iowa St. is nothing short of impressive.

Advertisement
Who was the coach with senaca Wallace?
They went 7-5 3 years in a row, losing to every ranked team they played against except the last year they beat 2.
Matt Campbell in his 2nd year went 8-5 beating 3 ranked teams. No, ISU as never been this competitive in modern football...

They went 7-5 3 years in a row, losing to every ranked team they played against except the last year they beat 2.
Matt Campbell in his 2nd year went 8-5 beating 3 ranked teams. No, ISU as never been this competitive in modern football...
It’s also a weaker conference today. Back in 2000-2003 the big 12 was hands down a better conference. No a&m amd texas isn’t good anymore amd K state is down. Back then all three of those teams were really good. Along with ok st tcu

I said he was a good coach. But it has been done before. Wallace was a bad call away from upsetting a very high ranked FSU team.

It’s also a weaker conference today. Back in 2000-2003 the big 12 was hands down a better conference. No a&m amd texas isn’t good anymore amd K state is down. Back then all three of those teams were really good. Along with ok st tcu

I said he was a good coach. But it has been done before. Wallace was a bad call away from upsetting a very high ranked FSU team.
Texas A&M wasn’t good, TCU were not in the big 12. They were not playing OU/Texas yearly.
Fact is: No, what Campbell is doing right now has not been done before in modern days.
They have never been this competitive against the highly ranked teams.
At their best, they were middle of the pack good but never close to contenting.

Name a coach doing more with less. And he's done it for multiple years.

He has, arguably, the worst Power 5 job in America competing for a conference title.
And as soon as he drops a game here you'll be calling for his head like you do every coach

Advertisement
Northwestern has stricter requirements, no doubt. Their academics are darn good.

Does Iowa State have anything in terms of similar facilities?

That is what I found. I would say both jobs are very difficult for many reasons.
Do you mean does NW have anything similar in terms of facilities? Because those are Iowa State's facilities.

Do you mean does NW have anything similar in terms of facilities? Because those are Iowa State's facilities.

NW has great facilities. I was saying do you think ISU’s can compare? I was showing what ISU’s look like and they’re inferior.

Advertisement
Back