About that Matt Campbell

This board is a real ****** trip lol if you’re not undefeated and beating teams like Oklahoma at a place like Iowa St you’re a bum. If you win conference titles and have top 8 recruiting classes but you drop a game or two you shouldn’t you suck. CFB is ruined forever because the only coaches being compared to literally never lose except to each other. What Campbell has done at that doormat is insane and he will get a huge gig
Where do you think he jumps to? I personally
think he wouldn’t be a great fit at Miami.

A school like Michigan he could work at.

Advertisement
Northwestern?

Interesting suggestion. Northwestern versus Iowa State.

Northwestern has this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/10/17219292/northwestern-new-practice-facility

Does Iowa State have something similar?

Discounting this year, since it isn't over, here are the last FULL 3 seasons:

Campbell:

Overall Record: 23-16
Conference Record: 16-11
Conference Champs: 0
Bowl Wins: 1-2
Division Titles: 0
Losing Seasons: 0

Fitz:

Overall Record: 22-17
Bowl Wins: 2-1
Losing Seasons: 1

Advertisement
His team is getting beat every which way possible AND his emotions seem to be getting the best of him right now.
Kind like dIAZ getting his *** handed to him with more talent against an old man with lesser talent............

Interesting suggestion. Northwestern versus Iowa State.

Northwestern has this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/10/17219292/northwestern-new-practice-facility

Does Iowa State have something similar?

Discounting this year, since it isn't over, here are the last FULL 3 seasons:

Campbell:

Overall Record: 23-16
Bowl Wins: 1-2
Losing Seasons: 0

Fitz:

Overall Record: 22-17
Bowl Wins: 2-1
Losing Seasons: 1
Now do academic requirements, fan support, stadium etc. I think 9 or 10 Big 10 teams have more alumni in Chicago than Northwestern. What Fitzgerald has done there for 15 years is remarkable. They were basically Vanderbilt. Had a couple of good seasons under Barnett and the guy who died (Walker?). It's almost always easier to win at a state university than a small private school (this has nothing to do with Miami).

Advertisement
Name a coach doing more with less. And he's done it for multiple years.

He has, arguably, the worst Power 5 job in America competing for a conference title.

Leach went 11-2 at WSU not long ago. That is impressive. Also what makes Iowa St the worst job? They make more annual revenue than Oklahoma State.

Yeah he wouldn’t come here and probably wouldn’t fit in. I think he will go to the NFL personally

Lol;

Did OP not see where they put up a graphic that Iowa St has not won any conference championship since 1912 when it was apart of the long defunct Missouri Valley Conference??

C.I.S tries to connect any dot to excuse the chit here.
Dang I won’t ever again start a thread. I realize how difficult it is build a winner at ISU, I’m not delusional. Do I think Manny is a “good” HC? No, I don’t but am far from the conclusion that he should be fired after going 8-2 in year 2. I do think his hiring was lazy and gifted, much like CMR (the lazy part anyway). Gotta love the “Nat’l search consultation company.”

Smart enough to know Saban & Meyer aren’t walking through that door and Campbell seems to be a good X’s & O’s guy where imo Manny fails

Advertisement
That’s the coach I’ve had my eye on. Both he & Leipold
💯 I would rather roll the dice with Clark than Campbell.

Since arriving at Iowa St in 2016 Campbell has had a total of 2 players drafted. That's not a great selling point for recruits.

Now do academic requirements, fan support, stadium etc. I think 9 or 10 Big 10 teams have more alumni in Chicago than Northwestern. What Fitzgerald has done there for 15 years is remarkable. They were basically Vanderbilt. Had a couple of good seasons under Barnett and the guy who died (Walker?). It's almost always easier to win at a state university than a small private school (this has nothing to do with Miami).

Northwestern has stricter requirements, no doubt. Their academics are darn good.

Does Iowa State have anything in terms of similar facilities?

That is what I found. I would say both jobs are very difficult for many reasons.

Advertisement

His future is either the Big10 or the NFL but he’s been a big hire name for a couple of years and he never showed he wanted out of ISU. He’s probably waiting on a particular job opening.

Advertisement
Back