Aaron Thompson 247 Update

Advertisement
Gee...The only teams that want him are the ones who regularly kick our ***...Every position rating service has him as a Top Twenty Player except Al. There's the problem..

Advertisement
Let's see....

-DT
-Loves UM and would commit on the spot
-Golden hasn't offered

enhanced-buzz-25537-1386102855-37.jpg

xtothez.gif

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DL-Aaron-Thompson-Hoping-For-Miami-Offer-36027408

- “I am waiting on Miami,” Thompson said. If they offer me, I am going to commit on the spot,” Thompson said. “It is my dream school. It is close and has everything I like.”
- Miami keeps in contact with Thompson (thank god!) - “They tell me how good I am and that they love me and they are going to keep looking at me,” Thompson said. “I am going to have to show them the type of player I am.”
- “I plan on going down there at some point this spring to watch them practice.”

so 2 things.
1. This kid is more committed to us then Amir Rasual and he doesn't even have an offer.
2. Looks like he will get his offer in the spring as we are still evaluating him (Don't know why, kids a stud)

Why he doesn't have an offer? Well I'll tell you! He doesn't fit Golden's weird philosophy of a DT for size and weight! He'll wait till NSD and go running up I-95 to Dillard trying to convince the kid to sign when no quality DT gave him any consideration. I'd bet $$$ bucks that Schiano would snag that 5 star DT from NJ.

This. No secret what is going on here and what happened with KThomas. Al went to them and told them in order to get the offer they had to get to certain weight. Both of these kids are in the 260 range. Im sure Al told them to get to 275 by the end of Spring and he will offer. He does his DTs like he does his LBs. You have to be a certain weight for him to offer. James King even said that Al told him he got the offer because he got to 200lbs. Smh.

Problem is, kids like KThomas told him to F off. Why meet the requirements of some loser coach when the hottest team in the country wants him at face value?..Smh. Al will never learn. Fortunately, AThompson seems to really want to come here.

That is the stupidest ish I've heard today ... and sounds 100% true smh

This is Crazy.... You get a DT committ in Camp who de-commits to explore his options (Bama,UF,Kentucky,Tennessee) probably wont end up here... yhen u got a Stud DT at a school we are not knwn to get talent from begging for an offer and ready to commit on the spot and end his recruitment yet we wait????? I dnt get it... they better get on him before he ends up a All Conference All-American and cant wait to play Miami cause we passed on him...smh

without going into a coaching bash... anyone have any idea why they are slow playing him? bad measurable's? grades? headcase?

a little shorter than you would like for the edge setter role, lighter than you would like for the NT role.

just right for the 1 gap 4-3 attacking defense we should be running.

this is my guess.

Advertisement
Seems like Folden almost goes out of his way to alienate local studs like this who have the tools to play here and love the program.

doesnt have an offer cause he is likely 6'2 260-265.

Kid would be perfect in the 4-3 like already stated.....so i guess they have to wait it out to see how he carries weight.

Atleast their keepinhg in touch

This kid needs an offer, this kid is a soon to be senior with other offers but still has enough courage to rep UM to the fullest despite not having an offer. This is the type of kid you want because not only is he talented, but he will def recruit others to UM. At first I figured Golden may be really feeling good about other DT prospects and there's nothing wrong with that cause there's a lot of OOS talent at that position, but looking at our history, I just can't trust golden with DTs. I want the Rashan Garys and the Antwuan Jacksons like anybody would but history says otherwise. Golden is playing with fire and need to offer this kid asap, cause boy if he goes elsewhere, Golden just gave people another reason to dislike him. IMO, Thompson will end up a cane, I just hope sooner than later.

Advertisement
doesnt have an offer cause he is likely 6'2 260-265.

Kid would be perfect in the 4-3 like already stated.....so i guess they have to wait it out to see how he carries weight.

Atleast their keepinhg in touch

247 lists him as:

6'3.5"

Advertisement
Situation screams Skai Moore to me. If we don't offer him soon he's going to be making plays against us somewhere else

A smarter coach would tailor his defense to the kind of players most prevalent in the area he recruits the hardest.

A smarter coach would tailor his defense to the kind of players most prevalent in the area he recruits the hardest.

"Players first, scheme second"

I remember having heard something similar at a press conference of an old Temple coRch some years ago...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back