Aaron Fitt thinks we're out

The only positive that could come out of missing post season and blowing streak is that fans could put legitimate heat on administration to fire Morris. If he'd made it to postseason again by the smallest margin, he'd likely have earned himself another couple of years. We all know his coaching tenure has run its course. Need a change ASAP.

You obviously don't follow the program. Over a year ago it was announced that 2018 was Morris's last year and Dimare would replace him. You probably don't even know that we made it to the CWS the last 2 years either.

Advertisement
D1baseball doesn't even have us in next 3 out. Sweep Dartmouth and Rutgers and we're not in this position.

Also, playing St. Thomas and not finding a way to replace the FSU rainout is just criminal. In a year in which we would need as many wins as possible, leaving two out there is inexcusable.

There was no chance they were going find a replacement game for the rained out FSU that occurred in late April. Again shows how clueless you are. I am sure you have your bottle of champagne on ice ready if we don't get in.

There was a month to find a game, and several teams in the south did not have a full slate of games.

Whatever it is you're trying to do, you're not very good at it. Keep defending failing coaches.

Its gonna come down to Miami, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Old dominion, and Gonzaga.............2 of these will get in!! I'm thinking Miami and Gionzaga.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** everyone on here that defended this abortion of a coaching staff this season.

**** everyone on here that defended this abortion of a coaching staff this season.

People like CTCANE have been defending this sht show since 2008. Some of us tried to tell them that things were on the decline, but they wouldn't have any of it.

Well, here we are. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Advertisement

People like CTCANE have been defending this sht show since 2008. Some of us tried to tell them that things were on the decline, but they wouldn't have any of it.

Well, here we are. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Sadly this is how I (and a lot of others) will remember Jim Morris now. Instead of all the good things he did, he'll now be remembered as the old, washed up has-been that stuck around too long and killed the streak.

Last edited:
That was disappointing, but that's what happens when you leave it up to others (the committee).

We need a change. A big change. A clean house change. Not sure Blake James is up to the task though.

Advertisement
D1baseball doesn't even have us in next 3 out. Sweep Dartmouth and Rutgers and we're not in this position.

Also, playing St. Thomas and not finding a way to replace the FSU rainout is just criminal. In a year in which we would need as many wins as possible, leaving two out there is inexcusable.

They did try to find a way to replace the FSU rainout. Being so late in the season there was no realistic slot to add a new gameday to the calendar without making the team play a midweek game during finals. The only other option was to ask Bethune Cookman to play a doubleheader (adding a 4th game to the series) which they did. Unfortunately Bethune declined. Was St. Thomas a mistake? In hindsight, yes.

My biggest problem with this season is that it didn't move us forward. We were always going to take a step back this year. However, rather than bringing in and playing freshman position players the staff decided to go the JUCO route. I suspect Morris' impending retirement was a driving factor in that decision. So rather than having a class of experienced rising sophomores we get to start over once again. I understand that this was slightly exacerbated by the Amditis injury, but playing Davison/Burns/Tackett over Baldor was short sighted.

We are all justifiably ****ed off tonight, and there is nothing worse than hearing we were the first team out in the end, but this team and skipper have to wear this dubious honor the rest of their lives. ******* sad stuff....just win what your absolutely supposed to win, no issues.

UM

There was no problem with the schedule. The problem was not winning enough games on the schedule.

Advertisement
Back