Aaron Fitt thinks we're out

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 5.57.10 PM.jpg

Advertisement
The commentators during the ACC Championship game today seemed to think we're out also. I'm starting to get a little uneasy.

Auburn finished the season 3-10. They are 16-14 in the SEC. They have an RPI for 45 and SOS of 30. Miami finished 16-8. Miami was 16-13 in the ACC. Miami has an RPI of 41 and an SOS of 5. Auburn should not get in over Miami (not saying it would come down to Miami/Auburn). And, I'm not saying Miami deserves to be in, but I'll be ****ed if Auburn gets in and Miami doesn't.

Piece of advice: if you don't want to be on the bubble come selection day, don't suck for 85% of the season.

Advertisement
I think Fitt is mostly right - one or two of the teams he mentioned will get in, but it was a bad day. At lest four teams won their conference in upsets, and none of them would have received at large bids (Iowa, Xavier, Ok St, and Rice).

The streak is probably over.

I'd actually be more upset if several undeserving Big 10 teams get in over us. They don't play anyone.

We didn't take care of business, but at least the teams we lost to are FGC, FAU, UCF, etc. Those teams would win the Big 10 regularly.

The only positive that could come out of missing post season and blowing streak is that fans could put legitimate heat on administration to fire Morris. If he'd made it to postseason again by the smallest margin, he'd likely have earned himself another couple of years. We all know his coaching tenure has run its course. Need a change ASAP.

Advertisement
Does the fact that we're 4th on the list mean they see us as the last team in?

That's how I looked at it. I feel like they just plugged us in somewhere because we're Miami.

Now I just hope the committee does the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I think Fitt is mostly right - one or two of the teams he mentioned will get in, but it was a bad day. At lest four teams won their conference in upsets, and none of them would have received at large bids (Iowa, Xavier, Ok St, and Rice).

The streak is probably over.

Don't forget Dallas Baptist winning their tournament, which steals an at-large bid because Missouri State is getting in.

The only positive that could come out of missing post season and blowing streak is that fans could put legitimate heat on administration to fire Morris. If he'd made it to postseason again by the smallest margin, he'd likely have earned himself another couple of years. We all know his coaching tenure has run its course. Need a change ASAP.

Next year is JM's last year anyway. There is no positive.

D1baseball doesn't even have us in next 3 out. Sweep Dartmouth and Rutgers and we're not in this position.

Advertisement
JJ AkA Antwan is praying we don't make it in.

So now we have three of you trying to be superfan heroes on the day the streak ends. It's not working.

It's people like you - defenders of failing coaches - who are the true enemies of our athletic program.

D1baseball doesn't even have us in next 3 out. Sweep Dartmouth and Rutgers and we're not in this position.

Also, playing St. Thomas and not finding a way to replace the FSU rainout is just criminal. In a year in which we would need as many wins as possible, leaving two out there is inexcusable.

Baseball America isn't the go to anymore. D1 is. Hopefully they're wrong. We'll find out soon.

Advertisement
Back