Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

I’m not going to act like I know much about the science behind S&C but this seems like nitpicking. Handing picking games Oregon lost and determining Felds routine off a television segment doesn’t seem fair. Every coach has pros and cons.

Feeley gets credit for the team never being gassed but the Oline could not generate a push in the running game for 3 years. Does that make him a bad S&C? Of course not. I think it’s best to use the wait and see approach with Feld before judging him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld

Also, If you tell someone "This is going to help your ankle stability" they may not go as hard as if you said "this is going to make you faster". It may be misleading but when your dealing with kids I guess you have to try different motivation techniques in the weightroom.
Feld doesn’t work with kids. He works with grown men who are well educated on the tight rope walk of making rah rah videos for guys who control their fate / can bury them with scouts and making their own living now with NIL.

It’s WWE on grass, brother.

I don’t have context but as a pretty adv gym user, explain to me how this is incorrect advice? I don’t see a rebuttal from mr rugby

This is interesting.

A rugby strength coach who has a very sizable following on Twitter (25k) decided to take umbrage with Feld earlier in the week for some reason. He seems to think Feld’s techniques are BS.

Another big time strength coach (30k followers) chimed in as well:

Feld never responded directly but sent this out:

I have always wondered why NFL or College football haven't looked into snatching up a S&C Coach from Pro Rugby. I would imagine that higher level of conditioning is required for Rugby plus the brutal amount of contact without pads would require intense specialized training to prevent injury. We have an Ausi kicker I'm sure he could provide insight.

Dumb idea? Honest question open to real critical responses.

Advertisement
I don’t have context but as a pretty adv gym user, explain to me how this is incorrect advice? I don’t see a rebuttal from mr rugby
I think the point is it specifically does nothing to actually improve speed....not that it is a bad thing to do, as it can really help ankle strength which is assume can help prevent injuries...

I think the point is it specifically does nothing to actually improve speed....not that it is a bad thing to do, as it can really help ankle strength which is assume can help prevent injuries...
Got it. No way to be able to say this negatively affects speed so I think these twitter trolls are grasping for straws

Advertisement
Advertisement
As anyone in the S&C/fitness/health field can attest to

It’s a never ending exhausting industry full of people that think they know more than everyone else and post content like this endlessly

We actually talked about how this video was not very indicative of a lot of his training videos anyway

Not defending Feld, but this is a total non issue to me

Advertisement
FA95B054-452F-4B62-8F1F-0DCDAAFF0E0F.jpeg

We can all buy fake handlebars and wear them to games.

I'm partial to Feeley. I have some contacts deeply embedded within the S&C community here locally and nationally who spoke very highly of Feeley (and not well of our prior two strength coaches). So I'm not crazy about the change (if that's in fact the case). There's a little too much "look at me" for my liking. It's like he's a part time coach/part time social media influencer.

Advertisement
Back