Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

It’s funny because everyone in college football talks about how good Feld is, he’s one of the most respected S&C coaches, etc. But some guy who is a S&C coach for a completely different sport says otherwise. Cmon man.
Looks like he's Football S&C coach at William and Mary....

Advertisement
Well, I'm a biblical man...

"If thou dost alloweth Pepsi to be consumed or consumeth Pepsi thine own self,
Verily shall I rain down upon thee fire and brimstone such that thine hair shall catch aflame and burneth
and thine children shall be as embers in the flame
and thine women shall wail and bemoan thine fate
and there will be much gnashing of teeth and rending of hair etc., etc."
-Thus Sayeth The Lord

“We Fremen have a saying: “God created Arrakis to train the faithful”. One cannot go against the word of God.”​

Advertisement
S&C Attributes for Success-

1) Do the Athletes Buy in?
2) Does the programming improve weight room numbers or performance in sport? (Both is acceptable LOL)
3) Are athletes injured in training or overtrained to the point of poor performance?
4) does coach hold team accountable and build mental toughness/fortitude?

Many different approaches and many “work.” There are legit debates on what works optimally. Now the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you might not be right for some.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cool stories bros.

1639848027133.png

This guy has weird fetish with Feld but Are the criticism valid? I’d say 90% of people don’t know what a good S&C program looks like so I am not going comment on it cause I don’t know. I liked feely hopefully he can stay on in some capacity.

Welcome to the S&C world. I've spent 12 years working with clients from your middle-aged mom to competitive athletes (mostly swimming, golf, triathletes) and I can confirm that the industry is indeed a **** show.

It's just a mess and there's very little that people agree upon - from research to practice. There's also a ton of you suck and I'm right stuff. Of course there's more than one way to skin a cat and just because one guy has a different approach doesn't mean hes right and the other's a doofus. The end game is that you keep your athletes on the field of play and their performance at a high level.

We had some injury stuff this year but I don't recall the team ever looking gassed and not being able to perform in the 4th quarter. Those guys were there to finish out and win, in spite of the coaching. You don't overcome ****ty decisions when you're gassed and I think that's a testament to Feeley.

I don't know much about Feld and I didn't find much from the brief research I've done. The initial impression I get is a guy that seems somewhat gimmicky. I don't know if that's a personality trait, something he thinks people expect or just a distraction.

Not gonna get into the weeds on approach because again there's more than one way to reach your goal.

With the understanding that football is a power sport and your plays average around 4-7 seconds it's clear that a foundation of relative strength needs to be built to enable the generation of power on a repeatable basis and over the course of a game. Of the two Oregon games I watched - both vs Utah, that team didn't look like it was ever ready for the 4th quarter but that could've been a head thing.

I guess we'll see what this g has.

BTW Bosu balls are dumb (outside of using for rehab)

Advertisement
Well if the critic with 30k followers says there’s a problem, I’ll believe him.
Unless Justin Bieber says otherwise, because I think he has more than 100 million followers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back