Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Advertisement
This is interesting.

A rugby strength coach who has a very sizable following on Twitter (25k) decided to take umbrage with Feld earlier in the week for some reason. He seems to think Feld’s techniques are BS.

Another big time strength coach (30k followers) chimed in as well:

Feld never responded directly but sent this out:

What’s rugby?

Regardless of what you think of the this dust up, Feld leaves alot to be desired.

Those Oregon squads were not that physical and were riddled w injuries. Ppl talked about how they outmuscled OSU, but we saw when OSU went up against Meechigan they were a soft, finesse team.

Stanford and Utah handled those Oregon lines.

If Feld comes, hes gotta step his game up.
Couldn't you say the same thing about Miami this year? BTW, Oregon lost to Stanford for 2 reasons: Brown was just awful and OC was out.

Advertisement
That drill is great for training guys to come back faster after hitting concussion protocol.

They test the athlete's baseline single leg balance when you first arrive. After a concussion, the athlete cannot return until returning to baseline balance. Drilling single leg balance raises the athlete's baseline while also not notifying the medical staff of a new baseline. This means he can get players back faster.

That boy is obsessed with Feld haha. Listen i dont know the verocity of his claims. I'll just have to wait on the results, its Mario's decision on who he hires.

Advertisement
This is interesting.
I didn't recognize you at first - it's been soo long...

1639836881437.png

It’s funny because everyone in college football talks about how good Feld is, he’s one of the most respected S&C coaches, etc. But some guy who is a S&C coach for a completely different sport says otherwise. Cmon man.

Saban wanted Feld.
Saban wanted Feld
Saban wanted Feld
I'm not sure Saban ever pursued Feld. It was definitely the top name on the list for fans and rumors in Feb 2020 when Cochran left. But would have to believe if Saban offered him, he would have taken it, being an Alabama boy.

Advertisement
There are a ton of issues with research in the S&C field. Many of the studies suck. There are too many factors they can't control for and they manipulate statistics to show fake significance. Add in many in the field can't read a study, let alone conduct one and you get problems, especially with the number of social media attention whores.

Advertisement
This is interesting.

A rugby strength coach who has a very sizable following on Twitter (25k) decided to take umbrage with Feld earlier in the week for some reason. He seems to think Feld’s techniques are BS.

Another big time strength coach (30k followers) chimed in as well:

Feld never responded directly but sent this out:

Are these critics being unreasonable zealots?

Advertisement
Back