Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Advertisement
Wheres that S&C expert that was on here a while ago to comment? come on bro, what are we paying you for?

.... Maybe we just keep Feeley AND get Feld. Crazy I know, but it's not like S&C NEEDS to be run by 1 man, and money apparently don't mean **** anymore...

As he should be, based on what I’ve seen, he’s one of the very good ones. Very curious to see where he lands.
Funny how years we all complained about being undersized and weak across the board yet piled up a bunch losses....get Freely....respected across the industry and still pile up losses. And i thought Bama, Clemson and Ohio State were winning because of their strength and nutrition program.....guess i was wrong....

This is just more evidence that we’re coming with a vengeance, fellas. The attacks are coming fast and furious from all sides (media, opposing coaches, fan bases), and now even from Rugby dudes. They mad shook. 🤣

Let us bathe in their salty tears, and embrace the hate.

Advertisement
I am not a big Feld fan. Simply because of all the injuries and because the Oregon fans have been complaining about him for years. But this guy just sounds like a hater. The guy is literally just some random Rugby SC coach. The other guy has a much more respectable resume. But I don't think "director of conditioning for the Mets" makes him anymore credible regarding football as Feld.

There are very few, very elite strength/conditioning coaches, that go purely by the science. Almost all of them have little things that they have found works with their athletes, that they continue doing, regardless of what the studies say. So Feld doing the bosu ball pistols may just be "his thing" and it isn't worrying imo. If he has a ton of nonsense he does, that goes against science, that is obviously a huge red flag, but one or 2 things is nothing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People pay attention to this? Instead of explaining the issues at hand by someone not even coaching in the same sport, he just goes "Dude sucks" and thats it.

Sounds like a 12-year-old being salty that someones favourite playee just beat their team on its own.
The guy isn't dissecting his play calling. He is commenting on his "this will make you run faster" remark. You have to run faster in rugby too, so its not like he is out of his element.

The guy isn't dissecting his play calling. He is commenting on his "this will make you run faster" remark. You have to run faster in rugby too, so its not like he is out of his element.
Great, theres a bunch of strength coaches disagreeing with each other over things in the same sport.

Theres no comment here, he just goes "Dude sucks" and thats it. Off of a three minute video. Good job, man.

Great, theres a bunch of strength coaches disagreeing with each other over things in the same sport.

Theres no comment here, he just goes "Dude sucks" and thats it. Off of a three minute video. Good job, man.
I agree. He sounds like hes just trying to get some IG fame.

Advertisement
I love this stuff but am definitely an amateur but in my limited knowledge it seems like there are very very few things in this field where there is unanimity. You could probably poll 10 different experts and get 10 different answers.

Not sure if Feld is held in high regard or not but a random self proclaimed expert ****ting on a 10 second clip intended for a non expert audience is meaningless

Regardless of what you think of the this dust up, Feld leaves alot to be desired.

Those Oregon squads were not that physical and were riddled w injuries. Ppl talked about how they outmuscled OSU, but we saw when OSU went up against Meechigan they were a soft, finesse team.

Stanford and Utah handled those Oregon lines.

If Feld comes, hes gotta step his game up.

Advertisement
Regardless of what you think of the this dust up, Feld leaves alot to be desired.

Those Oregon squads were not that physical and were riddled w injuries. Ppl talked about how they outmuscled OSU, but we saw when OSU went up against Meechigan they were a soft, finesse team.

Stanford and Utah handled those Oregon lines.

If Feld comes, hes gotta step his game up.
I’m not trying to give out any clues but I hope he doesn’t Moffit the opportunity he has at UM.

I mean, I get what the rugby guy is saying, but he’s grasping at straws.

People will disagree, but feeley is a top notch S&C coach…specially for the uptempo we were running. Not once this year did we look gassed in the fourth quarter
That's hard to judge because we substituted much especially on defense. The guys that played the most reps were probably our offensive line.

So what was so wrong in the ten second video? Honest question
The Bosu ball is a big controversy.

The literature states that it has no benefit in athletic performance and that all training should be on a stable surface similar to what you play on.

No benefit and the risk of injury is an exercise that shouldn't be done.

But what he did is still impressive and it makes for nice news piece.

Advertisement
Back