a

Advertisement
I agree about the groupings depth wise there wasnt alot they could do vs a clemson especially with us liking to keep guys fresh, now our second tier guys are threats so the groupings will be much better this year and I expect them to keep getting better with Dugans doing his thing,

Bruh Bruh with the Self re-quotes. You over there feeling yourself @Dwinstitles today. I ***** with it.

Another McKenzie we missed out on. Smh.

Pretty dumb comparison considering McKenzie literally played for Richt.

Richt has no issue offering electric 5'9" WRs. **** that's what Harley and Thomas are.

But Richt has never recruited scat backs, which is what 5'5" Shivers is. Kid is tiny and maxed out physically

Richt has no issue offering electric 5'9" WRs. **** that's what Harley and Thomas are.

But Richt has never recruited scat backs, which is what 5'5" Shivers is. Kid is tiny and maxed out physically

Yea but that maxed out is running 10.2 Not saying he is automatic take but if he could help in returns that would be worth a scholarship to me. Our special teams need that boost. 10.2 in open field is gonna strike up the band.

Advertisement
Yea but that maxed out is running 10.2 Not saying he is automatic take but if he could help in returns that would be worth a scholarship to me. Our special teams need that boost. 10.2 in open field is gonna strike up the band.

LSU had a guy the size of Shivers a few years back. Fast as ****, tiny, and used mostly in the kicking game. Legit track guy as well, but I'm tired and cannot think of his name.

LSU had a guy the size of Shivers a few years back. Fast as ****, tiny, and used mostly in the kicking game. Legit track guy as well, but I'm tired and cannot think of his name.

Trindon Holliday.

They did a “what if” study on him that indicated he would be the world record holder in the 100m if he were taller. His stride length and leg turnover were unmatched for a guy his size.

He played in the NFL for a few years, too.

There's a lot more to returns than speed (I'm looking at you JT4), so I'd be hesitant to take a kid unless I thought he could play another position as well. I'd rather take a bigger, slightly slower kid.

Advertisement
By the way popes 10.53 time is tied for 12th fastest in the country. Only football recruits listed ahead of him this year who has run track in the 100m are
Schwartz
Shivers
Campbell
..... very impressive

I remember them saying the same thing about Darren sproles.. We shall see

My bad http://results.deltatiming.com/tf/2018-hurricane-invitational

1 Shaun Shivers 12 Chaminade-Madonna 10.29
2 Mark Pope 12 Miami Southridge 10.53 10.528
3 Jermaine Wright 11 South Dade 10.53 10.530
4 Cameron Mahorn 12 Palm Beach Central 10.58
5 cameron leiba 11 Dillard 10.72
6 Derrick Jackson 12 North Miami 10.73
7 clarence burley 11 American Heritage 10.90
-- Yasir Abdullah 12 Miami Carol City DNF

Event 54 Boys 200 Meter Dash High School
===============================================================
Name Year School Finals
===============================================================
Finals
1 Shaun Shivers 12 Chaminade-Madonna 21.07
2 cameron leiba 11 Dillard 21.68
3 Mark Pope 12 Miami Southridge 21.70
4 Jermaine Wright 11 South Dade 21.86
5 Cameron Mahorn 12 Palm Beach Central 21.92
6 Justin Walden 10 North Miami 22.81

I believed he was fast, but I’ll admit I didn’t know he was this fast in the 100m! No wonder no one has been able to stay with him. 10.53 = 10.3h = 9.4h yds.

State meet is 2 months away for those wondering.
How did you translate this into the time for 100 yards?

Back in the day (1960's and before) it was very rare to recruit anybody below 10 seconds in 100 yards.

I think when Alex Johnson came to UM in the mid 80's he came in with a HS time under 9.5 in hundred yards. We very rarely had that kind of speed, esp. in the 60's or before.

By the way popes 10.53 time is tied for 12th fastest in the country. Only football recruits listed ahead of him this year who has run track in the 100m are
Schwartz
Shivers
Campbell
..... very impressive
That is VERY impressive. He'll see the field a lot as a true freshman. He's the fastest of all the elite WRs that were being recruited this year. We should be very explosive, even with an erratic Rosier (if N'kosi doesn't unseat him.)

Advertisement

Lmao maxed out physically? Lmao. Dude is short but is thick. He def. Could have played here.

Advertisement
Now, that’s a hornet’s nest right there. There are conversions (rules of thumb) in T&F for **** near everything. LOL. There is a big book that’s actually called The Big Book.

That said, I use an “average” (.9; Track and Field uses .85, but since yds were normally hand times I round it up to .9) so that it covers high school sprinters who tend to have more erratic race patterns but for SOME high schoolers it’s MORE than .9. Here’s a link on Track and Field News to someone’s question about that https://trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/archive/index.php/t-105332.html

The poster JRM, well he’s a physicist in California and he created that wind conversion (that is NOT recognized by the IAAF) that is so often used/misused.

My models suggest that the differential should be more like 0.75 or 0.76s for world class sprinters. That is, a 9.70s 100m (no reaction) produces an 8.94s 100 yd (91.44m) split.

These figures would indicate that a 9.85 FAT performance would be equivalent to about a 9.10 FAT 100yd, or roughly an 8.9h. Seems reasonable considering the top lists for 100 yd.

I would think 0.8s would be a more "realistic" converssion figure. 0.85 seems to underestimate the 100m equivalent (but the 0.05s doesn't make a big difference, since I'm sure there's some variability here and there). 0.9s would be too high.

Alex Johnson wasn’t the only one...at all. Brian Blades ran at least one time of 9.5 and he may have had a 9.4, too.
I ran track 77'-79', when it was 100 yds. It is true, anything below a 10 flat was fast and below 9.5 was blazing. I could never do better than 10.2 and 21-7 in long jump

I ran track 77'-79', when it was 100 yds. It is true, anything below a 10 flat was fast and below 9.5 was blazing. I could never do better than 10.2 and 21-7 in long jump
In the '60's and 70's, that what we ran - 40 yds and 100yds. If someone would have asked us to run 100 meters, we would have asked what the **** is a meter! LOL Being short legged like I am, I could scorch 'em in the 40, but them long legged guys would blow by me at about 65 yds in the 100.

Advertisement
Back