A win is a win, my thoughts on the Duke game...

Advertisement
Berrios is balling man he is absolutely ballin

D, I actually think Berrios is underused, he should be targeted much more IMO. Use him on bubbles, short crosses, options routes, etc. Miami has enough speed around him that can open up the field for him...

D, I actually think Berrios is underused, he should be targeted much more IMO. Use him on bubbles, short crosses, options routes, etc. Miami has enough speed around him that can open up the field for him...

he is a nightmare in the slot this season, he just one of those dudes that shows up to work and no one talks about him. The strength and conditioning of two seasons to get lean has helped him so much. Hes not a pudgy ******* anymore and that wasnt his fault he was told to put that weight on, he will make an nfl team very happy.

I like the win. Well played considering the disrupted schedule. However, one bonehead play could have cost UM the game. The pass to Walton to open the 2nd half could have been a disastrous momentum turn. UM was lucky that the ref initially blew the whistle and called it an incomplete pass. Had he let the play continue, it would have been a score for Duke and a crushing blow to the Canes. The replay did not provide a clear enough angle to conclusively determine if the play was a pass or a lateral. If the initial call had been a lateral, it would have stood. Luckily, the call on the field was a pass and could not be overturned. The play call and the execution were horrible. Rosier has to learn how to throw the ball into the stands when his receivers are covered.

Advertisement
I like the win. Well played considering the disrupted schedule. However, one bonehead play could have cost UM the game. The pass to Walton to open the 2nd half could have been a disastrous momentum turn. UM was lucky that the ref initially blew the whistle and called it an incomplete pass. Had he let the play continue, it would have been a score for Duke and a crushing blow to the Canes. The replay did not provide a clear enough angle to conclusively determine if the play was a pass or a lateral. If the initial call had been a lateral, it would have stood. Luckily, the call on the field was a pass and could not be overturned. The play call and the execution were horrible. Rosier has to learn how to throw the ball into the stands when his receivers are covered.

One thing was noticable, Duke absolutely game planned for the passes out in the flat to Walton, I noticed their ends/OLB's sitting on that play the whole game and they were effective in taking it away....

And to think...some idiots on this board were happy to hear the rumors that he was considering transferring.

Good win. 25 point win on the road, on a short week again a 4-0 division opponent. I'm happy, it's rarely going to be perfect fellas. Bring on FSU.

And to think...some idiots on this board were happy to hear the rumors that he was considering transferring.

Im not gonna lie I wasnt even mad when those rumors surfaced, hes making everyone eat that crow and im coo wit it

Advertisement

Im not gonna lie I wasnt even mad when those rumors surfaced, hes making everyone eat that crow and im coo wit it

220px-Wes_Welker_1.jpg

Harley killing drives with his constant drops... WRs need to help Rosier more and we need to involve the TE's more

View attachment 50696

We need to work the underneath middle portion of the defense more with berrios and Herndon. Also, what happened to those quick swing passes to Herndon and berrios. That should be a staple of the offense seeing as how we black pretty good at wideout. Easy throws can get malik into a rhythm. Too much zone blocking on run plays. We need to mix in some power runs and outside sweeps

Advertisement
FSU linebackers cant cover to save their lives Richt has to take advantage of that. We let duke off the hook most the time not taking advantage of it.

Found it interesting that TE's were rarely targeted tonight. May not have been part of the game plan with a big picture purpose in mind

OMG. another "saving the play book" post. you really can't be serious!!

FSU linebackers cant cover to save their lives Richt has to take advantage of that. We let duke off the hook most the time not taking advantage of it.

Found it interesting that TE's were rarely targeted tonight. May not have been part of the game plan with a big picture purpose in mind

This has been the fans hopeful mantra year after year while good teams never seem to hide anything.

he is a nightmare in the slot this season, he just one of those dudes that shows up to work and no one talks about him. The strength and conditioning of two seasons to get lean has helped him so much. Hes not a pudgy ******* anymore and that wasnt his fault he was told to put that weight on, he will make an nfl team very happy.
Berrios will definitely be playing on Sundays and I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching after that. He is dedicated, hard working and a team leader.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
For a QB who didn't have a running game to help him, Rosier has done a great job. Irrespective of his lack of production in the second half.

Thank you, dudes talking about him being some Jekyll and Hyde.

You have no running game all night. Teams will pin their ears back.

Malik opened that game on fire and once Duke realized our OL was trash they focused on applying pressure on Malik and OL crumbled again.

This has been the fans hopeful mantra year after year while good teams never seem to hide anything.

Last year Richt was saving the playbook. Now he and Diaz are saving the playbook.

Like the win but we waste too many downs on OF and need to be more efficient to beat the upper echelon.

I saw some have brought up the lack of bubble screens, but just wanted to expand on it.

It was there quite a few times throughout the game. The slot WR had a sizable cushion and the Duke S appeared to back pedal at the snap. Not sure if Rosier didn't read it that way but a few of those negative runs from Walton could have been 3+ yards from the bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back