A win is a win, I guess...

Our record is going to end up being halfway decent but we suck. No improvement in the trenches, no improvement with play calling, King is regressing, team uninspired week after week. Martha Stewart would be a better leader of these young men than what we have now

Advertisement
A boring win is better than a boring loss. We lose this type of game last season, so there is some improvement maybe.

Cmu game allover again​
Except CMU is Central ******* Michigan and not a P5 school. Not to mention it was nothing like that game. We had big plays all over, but with poor red zone offense and a blocked FG, we left a lot on the field. The CMU game we simply didn’t do a **** thing on offense all game.

Advertisement
Teams are supposed to get better as the season progresses...

We are getting worse by the week. Huge red flag.

We got very lucky. Ivey was loafing and gave up a TD which ultimately don’t count. Blades loafed and gave up an easy TD.

Third and long defensively is stil a big issue. Our DBs still have zero spatial awareness. They never know where the sticks are.

and we gotta stop with the prevent defense ****.

all the defensive coaches need to fires at years end.
Blades wasn’t loafing. He was completely confused on what the defensive call was. He thought they were in zone but they were in man. Manny deserves to run steps for not calling a timeout there. They were completely confused and it was obvious. What the **** is he saving a timeout for in that situation? That was really bad game day coaching by Manny and crew. Just terrible.

Advertisement
Our record is going to end up being halfway decent but we suck. No improvement in the trenches, no improvement with play calling, King is regressing, team uninspired week after week. Martha Stewart would be a better leader of these young men than what we have now
I don’t know how anyone can watch our OL and think they haven’t improved. Playcalling as well.

This isn’t a well-coached team.
My biggest takeaway from being there.

We're running plays with 23 seconds on the clock up 12 points with the other team with ZERO timeouts. They know we're running. It's just execution. Run the clock.

I don't know if the staff has told King not to run, but UVA was loading the middle and the field side was often WIDE OPEN if he had taken off. He's holding the ball WAAAAY TOOOOO LOOOOOONG.

Advertisement
My biggest takeaway from being there.

We're running plays with 23 seconds on the clock up 12 points with the other team with ZERO timeouts. They know we're running. It's just execution. Run the clock.

I don't know if the staff has told King not to run, but UVA was loading the middle and the field side was often WIDE OPEN if he had taken off. He's holding the ball WAAAAY TOOOOO LOOOOOONG.
I don’t get how we started out the way we did, with success, and then went to that play calling.

Ugly win, felt like C. Michigan from last year

Honestly, Rhett just needs to go with the spread and let King play scramble ball at times and, throw the ball on early downs. That inside-read is getting stuffed. They feel like wasted plays to be quite honest. Lashlee has to find ways to stay ahead of the chains, create first downs early in games to create that number of plays he wants

But just let King make stuff happen. This Oline isnt nearly good enough to do what Lashlee wants to do as his bread-and-butter.

-- Defense, gave up just 14. But seriously, was that good defense or just really bad offense? Or a bit of both. That last TD drive was again, another example of this unit not always being well coached. I dont care about stats, this unit is very lucky to have played some bad offenses and back up QBs

-- Clock management in the 4th quarter, once they were up 19-7 left a lot to be desired. I get it, we're a tempo team, but at times you have to slow it down. Very lucky UVA had no TO's for much of the 4th

-- But a win is a win, but I didn't see a team that can win out.
Would not surprise if the Canes dropped the next two road games.

Advertisement
I couldn't see the starting OL. Who were the starting 5?

This inside read thing is like Enos with his play action. Just want to tell him- bro, it's ok to stop something if it ain't working. Of all the BS playcalling, there was one red zone trip in particular where Lashlee left his nuts in his purse. 3 straight runs, all stuffed, then a FG. Baker is outcoaching Lashlee. Let that sink in.
Agree with 99% of this, but on the 3 straight runs, Chaney scores on first down if he doesnt simply fall over at the 2. It was their best drive till then, bunch of plays. But we have major issues on OL

I know they only gave up 14 points, but the defense just made some lefty I’ve never heard of look like Kenny Pickett out there tonight.

Unacceptable.

Advertisement
Back