A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

ive Known all of that about manny for at least a year. We have greatly improved our qb, oc, and kicker and still only incrementally better than last year. next year will be A disaster most likely
2021 is a topic nobody wants to touch. Hopefully, we do not give this clown an extension prior to next season.

Advertisement
Outside of Clemson, we've played:

UAB
UoL - mediocre team
FSU - the worst team they've fielded going back to pre-Bowden
Pitt - Didn't have their starting QB
UVA - Has a carousel of 3 QBs

Let's stop acting like this team is much improved. And for the record, the main issue right now appears to be aimed at Diaz. If you could back a coach who wants to slip and slide while we put up a horrific performance, then I think you forgot what the standards are on this program. Do you think Butch was doing the Macarena in the late 90's while building the program back up?
Just watch. That slip and slide adventure is going to become a meme that will hang like an albatross under his pencil neck.

We've "strung together" two wins because Pitt's starting QB didn't play and because UVAG is horrible, decimated defensively, and using a 3 QB gimmick rotation. We probably strung together a two game win streak last year too.

We've already matched last year's ACC win total, and that doesn't even get into the two G5 losses.

You can point out our many flaws while acknowledging clear improvement.

Advertisement
Problem is our talent isn't mediocre compared to the rest of the ACC. Diaz set the bar so low last year that he's got people thinking we should be throwing him a parade if he goes 7-3.
I agree with you, but I think we are saying the same thing just coming at it from two different angles.

We will not be the dominant team we expect us to be with Manny and his guys running the show. We all know this. Manny is a good guy and his heart is in the right place, but he is absolutely not a championship caliber head coach. No way that Manny and our coaching staff as-is is going to coach our guys up to give Clemson ****. It’s never going to happen.

And because we both know this, I legitimately expect this team to have 3-4 losses each year. I won’t expect anything more until our staff is upgraded and that’s just the honest truth.

Advertisement
I agree with you, but I think we are saying the same thing just coming at it from two different angles.

We will not be the dominant team we expect us to be with Manny and his guys running the show. We all know this. Manny is a good guy and his heart is in the right place, but he is absolutely not a championship caliber head coach. No way that Manny and our coaching staff as-is is going to coach our guys up to give Clemson ****. It’s never going to happen.

And because we both know this, I legitimately expect this team to have 3-4 losses each year. I won’t expect anything more until our staff is upgraded and that’s just the honest truth.
You're right to have those expectations as long as Don Jr. is HC.

Teams are adjusting to us. We had a new offense with explosive runs and now they are zeroing in on the run game and exposing the WR deficiencies.

Let's see what adjustments Lashlee can make during the bye week. NC State is a big game in many ways.
NC State was down to its 3rd team QB against UNC, so, hopefully, we can handle the true freshmans QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And we lost to worse teams. The difference is stringing together wins. We are able to do that because we don't have gaping holes on offense and special teams.
We're better because of King, Borregalles and Hedley turning into Ray Guy. You can throw Bolden in there too but aside from that this is basically the same gang of poorly coached half stepping excuse makers.

He needs protection from answering for his staggering lack of actual knowledge and insight.
9D7A1784-B430-47FA-BB53-B91B1EAD2CC9.gif

Advertisement
You can have whoever you want thread banned. Give me the names and I’ll disappear them like a 1970’s junta.
Get rid of ssvir, and this new POS wounded warrior Bone Read. It's clearly some banned pvssy like Jagr. And kindly delete their **** stirring posts from this healthy exchange of ideas. There's no place for their personal grudges. Thank you, good sir.

This sums up Don Jr's leadership perfectly. You have a senior WR openly admitting that the WRs were "going through the motions" before the coaches listed them all as co-starters. It took him all year to light a fire under these guys because they didn't respect him or the team enough to play and practice hard.

The "bare minimum" is the standard under Diaz because the players know they can get away with it. Dummies will keep blaming players for "culture" but that's a HC problem. Kids will do what kids do if you let them.

Bruh.......just.......****.

Hammer, meet nail on the head.

The ones who know have been trying to school anyone who will listen on why leadership trumps talent.

Give the wide receiver group a little leadership and discipline and suddenly they are making acrobatic contested catches.

This **** ain’t quantum mechanics. Young players will go as fat as their coaches will lead them EVERY TIME. When you see the same dumb mistakes consistently from different guys, it’s obvious what the problem is.

I try not to be too critical after wins, but we are riding the razor’s edge for no reason. We look like a poorly coached team in so many ways.

I want the Manny experiment to work for obvious reasons, but I have known since last season that it will be tough to overcome his deficiencies as a leader. The strategy still leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Wisky finally has another standout QB, did you see that freshman of theirs? He looks really promising

BTW Im a big fan of Paul Chryst as a coach
He's fine. Having NFL players on the line every year certainly helps.

Advertisement
Back