A Trend That Must Stop

Tweets of some of the players give me this impression that coaches and players don't take the games serious enough.team plays pretty good for first couple games then seem to coast when grind of the season starts to set in.the games last several seasons show s the effort players give during off-season workouts and how they prep for a game.until we get a set of coaches to change that atitude the players have towards how they conduct business on and off the field we will never be the alpha dog.

Advertisement
Don’t forget to subtract the total sacks from the total opponent rushes, since sacks count for carries as well.

You're right.

I forgot about that and have since corrected my error.

I hang my head in shame.

Last edited:
I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that Georgia has a greater talent advantage over their opponents than we have over ours.

imma say naw, bro. Lol.
UGA played

#7 ND
#6 UF
#12 Auburn
# 2 LSU (SEC Title Game)
# 7 Baylor (Sugar Bowl)
They also played one FCS team and only one G5 team

-We played two top 25 opponents (sorta)
-one FCS opponent
-three G5 opponents.
-We played two teams that finished w 10+ wins (one being LA Tech as we were their 10th win)
-Played only one opponent that had at least 9 wins.

Advertisement
CIS Porster: “Our defense is overrated, average, trash, all flash, no substance, and Manny gets exposed way too much!!!”

CIS poster: “Well actually, Mr. Porst, here’s 178 statistics showing that the defense, while not at the absolute elite top of the sport, has been VERY good overall in the past 4 years. Look at all the black and white evidence I’ve compiled.”

CIS Porster: “We Don’t play anybody!!!”

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. So do we suck? Or do we not play anybody? Cause over 50+ games, it’s certainly not the former.

imma say naw, bro. Lol.
UGA played

#7 ND
#6 UF
#12 Auburn
# 2 LSU (SEC Title Game)
# 7 Baylor (Sugar Bowl)
They also played one FCS team and only one G5 team

-We played two top 25 opponents (sorta)
-one FCS opponent
-three G5 opponents.
-We played two teams that finished w 10+ wins (one being LA Tech as we were their 10th win)
-Played only one opponent that had at least 9 wins.

Rankings have nothing to do with my argument.

What I'm suggesting is that Georgia has a higher average talent advantage over their opponent on a week to week basis than we do.

It doesn't matter that Baylor was ranked #7, their roster doesn't come close to Georgia's. They're a good team, but my point is that on paper Georgia should be able to handle Baylor just like we should be able to handle UVA because the talent disparity is similar.

Read that again. The talent gap between Georgia and one of the top ten teams in the country in 2019 was similar to the gap between Miami and UVA. That's how talented Georgia is at this moment in time.

I know that the 247 talent composite isn't perfect, but it does give us something to work with. So follow me through this.

Georgia's roster was ranked #3 in the country according to the 247 talent composite in 2019.

Miami's was ranked #18.

Georgia's opponents rank on average in the 30s.

Miami's opponents rank in average in the 40s.

The only opponent on Georgia's schedule in 2019 which came close to matching or exceeding Georgia's talent level was LSU. They beat Georgia 37-10...and they rushed for a full yard per carry above Georgia's average for the season in that game. Again, that's relevant because we're talking about run defense in this thread.

Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Notre Dame were all about as close to Georgia in talent on paper as UNC and VT were to us.

Georgia's roster compared to ours is as our roster compared to VT or UNC. We expect to beat those teams correct? Yes, and that's also the case with Georgia and teams like Tamu, Auburn, UF, Tenn and ND...because they're that ******* talented.

Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia Tech and Baylor were all well below Georgia...at about the same distance from Georgia as UVA is to us, as I stated above.

The CANES played two opponents who were more talented on paper than they were...UF and FSU.

GT, Pitt, Louisville and Duke were are about as close to Miami in talent as South Carolina was to Georgia.

Georgia lost to South Carolina. We lost to Duke and GT.

Georgia played two teams who shouldn't have even been on the same field with them, Murray State and Arkansas State. We played BCC and Central Mich.

FIU and LaTech were about as close to Miami in talent as Vandy was to Georgia.

So let me simplify it.

There was only one team (LSU) close enough to Georgia in talent on paper that they would be expected to split 10 meetings 50/50. Georgia lost that game by four TDs. Miami played one such team (UF)...we lost by four points.

Georgia didn't play a single team more talented on paper than they were. FSU's roster was ranked a full ten spots ahead of ours. We blew them out.

There were five teams on Georgia's schedule who were close enough in talent that they would be expected to give them a good game. Miami played two such teams...but again, we played two teams who were better than us on paper. There were no such teams on Georgia's schedule in 2019.

There were seven teams on Georgia's schedule that should count as automatic wins based on talent alone. Miami played five such teams.

Georgia played one team who would be expected to give them a good game in about one in five meetings. In other words, a team with a puncher's chance. They lost that game. Miami played four such teams. We split those four games.

Let me be clear, I'm not trying to compare the results at Georgia to Miami. Obviously their program is rolling and we need a kick in the ***. My point is that just because they played a bunch of highly ranked teams doesn't necessarily mean that they had a tougher road. They have top 5 talent. Their talent level is well above ours. They should be expected to win games against top 10 teams. Our talent level is a lot closer to the teams we play on a week to week basis than we like to admit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Georgia didn't play Alabama in 2019 guy. Try to keep up.
And??...You seriously can't think that Georgia had more of a Talent advantage over other teams in the SEC...than UM had against teams in the ACC......Go look at who Georgia played...then look at who University of Coral Gables played AND Lost to...

And??...You seriously can't think that Georgia had more of a Talent advantage over other teams in the SEC...than UM had against teams in the ACC......Go look at who Georgia played...then look at who University of Coral Gables played AND Lost to...

Thats exactly what I'm suggesting. Read my post above and you'll see that I might be correct.

The next statement is not an indicator that said talent is OPTIMIZED.

The next statement is not an indicator that said talent without fault.

BUT

Based on Player Ranking Composite (Three Competing Recrutiing Agencies)

UGA is the THIRD most talented team in the country behind Bama and Ohio St.

Bro; at a certain point, I just can’t. Lol. Now I’ve heard everything to defend Miami.

Advertisement
This whole thread has taught me one important thing.

There might not be A SINGLE truly elite defense in college football RIGHT NOW, with precedence as a standard.

Bro; at a certain point, I just can’t. Lol. Now I’ve heard everything to defend Miami.

You can't what? Are you not capable of digesting the fact that we're really not that much more talented than our opponents, and that Georgia is in fact a **** of a lot more talented than the vast majority of the teams on their schedule and not by a small margin?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The next statement is not an indicator that said talent is OPTIMIZED.

The next statement is not an indicator that said talent without fault.

BUT

Based on Player Ranking Composite (Three Competing Recrutiing Agencies)

UGA is the THIRD most talented team in the country behind Bama and Ohio St.

stars out of high school is estimated potential talent. does not mean in the third year a 4 star is better than a 3 star who had much better coaching for 3 years. poor coaching does not bringg the potential to the forefront

stars out of high school is estimated potential talent. does not mean in the third year a 4 star is better than a 3 star who had much better coaching for 3 years. poor coaching does not bringg the potential to the forefront

There's no denying that Georgia has had a ridiculous amount of talent though right? I mean, how many of our starters in 2019 would have even made the two deep at Georgia? Serious question. I'd like to think we've got a couple of guys who could play there, but do we really?

There's no denying that Georgia has had a ridiculous amount of talent though right? I mean, how many of our starters in 2019 would have even made the two deep at Georgia? Serious question. I'd like to think we've got a couple of guys who could play there, but do we really?
A lot in our front 7. Never been impressed with what uga has there in that part of the defense actually. And a few at db, they are good but they aint that **** good. Miami defense is better than uga’s imo

Just means Ga had potential talent that had potential coached up
We have had potential talent with poor coaching and never reached potential

Advertisement
Back