A thought about diaz

Advertisement
LSU this season shows what the right OC hire can do. But there is some credence to the point being made above about some working out and some not. We have been an absolute train wreck, but the reality is Manny was widely praised across the country for the Enos hire. Sure there were some on this board that didn't like it, but that was not the shared sentiment around the nation and in the media. Almost everyone thought it was a tremendous get for Manny. To argue otherwise now (as many on this forum are doing) is some revisionist history bullsh-t.

None of that matters now as the fact is Enos has been absolute dogsh-t. But let's not act like Manny made some dreadful hire when he brought Dan Enos in. That failure is on Enos, not Manny. But now the ball is squarely in manny's court to see what he does about it.

For the last time, just because someone ELSE improved doesn't mean Manny will. There are just as many examples of first time coaches failing, and badly. Each case is different. I do not see any hope with the trinket master.

LOL at Manny hiring a good OC

Manny has the same problem that Blake has as AD....he also doesn't have the skills required to do well in his position.

So how is either one going to make good decisions when both are unqualified??

Unless we wash ALL of the turds off Miami's boat from AD to ball boy...you can ALWAYS look forward to season's that stink...because you can't polish a ****

Advertisement
I might be wrong but I thought they just promoted Ensminger who was a career TE coach. And Ensminger was just willing to bring in offensive minded assistants, listen to them, and adapt.

Ensminger was never anything more than a position coach at the High School level. And I feel like he was doing the high school gigs pretty recently.

He didn’t have an ego and he wanted to win. That’s the difference between him and Enos

They brought in the dude from the Saints. I think they act as co-coordinators

Manny should be shxt canned at the end of the season. But everyone knows Miami has to give him next year and will probably give him until 2021 when he gets blown the fxck out by Bama.

Advertisement
Manny is learning on the job. We've sucked for 15+ years but the admin put him in this situation. Each time we needed a savior, a savage, and they refused to do it .

We had the chance to hire Tressel, Mullen (more than once), Butch (more than once) etc. Instead we hired Coordinator, Coordinator, Temple guy, Coach that was burnt out and Coordinator/Temple guy. The FIU loss and everything is on the admin, they chose who leads.

If Manny wants to make this work, he's going to have to make tough decisions. He's going to have to be a big @sshole sometimes, a savage. We're not running PA pass anymore, that's not when we are at our best and you're going to change or I'll change you. If he can't he'll end up like the rest of them, and I can't support him until he starts making tough decisions.

LSU this season shows what the right OC hire can do. But there is some credence to the point being made above about some working out and some not. We have been an absolute train wreck, but the reality is Manny was widely praised across the country for the Enos hire. Sure there were some on this board that didn't like it, but that was not the shared sentiment around the nation and in the media. Almost everyone thought it was a tremendous get for Manny. To argue otherwise now (as many on this forum are doing) is some revisionist history bullsh-t.

None of that matters now as the fact is Enos has been absolute dogsh-t. But let's not act like Manny made some dreadful hire when he brought Dan Enos in. That failure is on Enos, not Manny. But now the ball is squarely in manny's court to see what he does about it.
Let's tell the truth here the only reason enos was hyped was because he was coming from bama. That's it because by the numbers he shouldn't be a coordinator every year he has been a coach his offense gets worse from the year prior while it sounded great to poach him from bama. It doesnt look like bama is missing him and if his offense gets worse we might be lucky to win 6 next year

I am in no way defending this un excusable season and our lack of fight. However a bright spot u could look for is ed obregon at lsu. If Diaz shows the where with all to get rid of enos and change how he controls the locker room he can take a page out of the book out of obregons book who has admitted to in his 3 years at lsu he changed that very thing.
I guess there is hope for Manny if you think he can land a transfer QB from a kid who will be the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft and hire one of the most up and coming coaching stars on the staff. If Manny does that then maybe he isn’t a dead man walking.

Advertisement
Orgeron’s resume is on another stratosphere compared to Diaz. Stop the stupidity. It’s reaching Blake James status.

Advertisement
Back