A thought about diaz

A1cane

Junior
I am in no way defending this un excusable season and our lack of fight. However a bright spot u could look for is ed obregon at lsu. If Diaz shows the where with all to get rid of enos and change how he controls the locker room he can take a page out of the book out of obregons book who has admitted to in his 3 years at lsu he changed that very thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You could argue Orgeron got lucky with his new OC/passing coordinator and Diaz got unlucky with Enos. College football is crazy like that. So pray Diaz has balls/budget to fire Enos and strikes gold like Orgeron did. Otherwise Diaz (and all of us) are ****ed

You could argue Orgeron got lucky with his new OC/passing coordinator and Diaz got unlucky with Enos. College football is crazy like that. So pray Diaz has balls/budget to fire Enos and strikes gold like Orgeron did. Otherwise Diaz (and all of us) are ****ed
I might be wrong but I thought they just promoted Ensminger who was a career TE coach. And Ensminger was just willing to bring in offensive minded assistants, listen to them, and adapt.

Ensminger was never anything more than a position coach at the High School level. And I feel like he was doing the high school gigs pretty recently.

He didn’t have an ego and he wanted to win. That’s the difference between him and Enos

I might be wrong but I thought they just promoted Ensminger who was a career TE coach. And Ensminger was just willing to bring in offensive minded assistants, listen to them, and adapt.

Ensminger was never anything more than a position coach at the High School level. And I feel like he was doing the high school gigs pretty recently.

He didn’t have an ego and he wanted to win. That’s the difference between him and Enos

You may be right, i dont follow LSU enough to know. But if true sounds like Orgeron did indeed get insanely lucky or is somehow a savant genius. Can you imagine this board if we hired an OC who was never more than position coach at the HS level? LOLOLOLOLOL

I mean ****. I wasnt for Enos but the fact that Saban hired him and supposedly wanted to keep him for his own QB coach/OC says something. Thats the GOAT coach right there. As much as i hate Diaz now, its hard to fault him that bad on Enos.

Advertisement
LSU's program actually cares about Football & spends money, ours doesn't.

Manny is not going to fire anyone because his job is 1,000% safe & has nothing to worry about.

Orgeron had no choice but to make changes because he knew his leash was short at LSU, if he fcked up & failed he was getting fired. Our administration are going to give Manny his full 5 year contract length regardless of how bad he is.

There is no comparable situation & there is no silver lining bright side, we are screwed whether yall admit it or not.

This program is on the steep decline & it's only gonna get worse.

Ed went out and realized the pro set multiple garbage was just that. Garbage. And opened it up and now all of a sudden his 5 star receivers are playing like five stars and his QB is a heisman favorite and will be the first QB off the board. Manny compares this situation to Ed’s? Well respond like he did and take control.

No. People can actually make choices and have them work out without being lucky.

Orgeron needed new blood at OC and made a great hire. He didn’t draw a name out of a hat. Diaz picked someone who once gave him fits when he was DC at MSU and believed this qualified Enos the right choice. Two different evaluations and decision-making processes.

Advertisement
The current coach at LSU has Seen more and experienced more winning and losing on the field and off than manny and enos combined.
He also has a booster network willing to take money from a children’s cancer charity to buy recruits. He has so much talent to work with and got lucky with joe B. The only person you can compare manny Diaz to is manny Diaz.
Do some of you even have any idea how manny stops Orgeron has had and who he’s coached under?

No. People can actually make choices and have them work out without being lucky.

Orgeron needed new blood at OC and made a great hire. He didn’t draw a name out of a hat. Diaz picked someone who once gave him fits when he was DC at MSU and believed this made Enos the right choice.

Your not wrong..but literally everyone thought Orgegon was a horrible coach until this year. So was everyone wrong then? Hence why **** is crazy and never black and white

Regardless, we need new blood at OC now. IDGAF if Diaz gets lucky or pulls off some genius stephan hawking analysis and finds the next great OC. Just get one for ***** sake. Only been 15 years of **** in a row

I am in no way defending this un excusable season and our lack of fight. However a bright spot u could look for is ed obregon at lsu. If Diaz shows the where with all to get rid of enos and change how he controls the locker room he can take a page out of the book out of obregons book who has admitted to in his 3 years at lsu he changed that very thing.

Don't excluse the defense.

Advertisement
Your not wrong..but literally everyone thought Orgegon was a horrible coach until this year. So was everyone wrong then? Hence why **** is crazy and never black and white

Regardless, we need new blood at OC now. IDGAF if Diaz gets lucky or pulls off some genius stephan hawking analysis and finds the next great OC. Just get one for ***** sake. Only been 15 years of **** in a row
Agreed.

Orgeron had a ‘this is my way’ attitude but realized his way wasn’t going to beat Alabama. So, he went out and hired someone to build a fancy new offense. Exactly what he should have done.

Saban did the same. He went from game-manager QBs to a dynamic one like Tua. He restarted recruiting smaller, faster linebackers to try and combat spread offenses.

Diaz hired a guy who once gave him fits when he was DC at MSU. This is Manny’s ego getting the better of him. He needs to think forward and evaluate how to keep up with or surpass trends. Instead he thinks he can win with an outdated philosophy. And, I believe he thinks spread teams can’t play defense and as a former DC he can’t handle this idea.

Ed Orgeron has been around the game as a coach at a half dozen major programs, is an excellent position coach, was a head coach before, and is an elite ELITE recruiter. He’s a good locker room guy and motivator. Surrounded with the right coordinators and a top 5 draft pick QB his team looks awesome.

He has basically nothing in common with Diaz who hasnt really coached anywhere except UM and a year and change at UT, is a miserable position coach, bad recruiter, never was a head coach, and has zero respect or coaching tree. Diaz is a whiteboard guy, a scheme first nerd.

They are polar opposites.

Randy fired his coordinators too. How’s that work out? you slurpers are just setting up to jerk manny off if he fires someone, and will spend all offseason saying what a savage he is. its pathetic.

Ed Orgeron has been around the game as a coach at a half dozen major programs, is an excellent position coach, was a head coach before, and is an elite ELITE recruiter. He’s a good locker room guy and motivator. Surrounded with the right coordinators and a top 5 draft pick QB his team looks awesome.

He has basically nothing in common with Diaz who hasnt really coached anywhere except UM and a year and change at UT, is a miserable position coach, bad recruiter, never was a head coach, and has zero respect or coaching tree. Diaz is a whiteboard guy, a scheme first nerd.

They are polar opposites.

Randy fired his coordinators too. How’s that work out? you slurpers are just setting up to jerk manny off if he fires someone, and will spend all offseason saying what a savage he is. its pathetic.
Literally no one is saying Manny is a savage if he fires his staff. LOL. We are saying its one of his only options to salvage his UM HC career. His main hires so far (Baker, Enos) have been a failure. Will firing them and hiring someone new work out? Who knows, flip of a coin. Odds say no but better than the odds of doubling down on Enos/Baker for year 2.

Advertisement
Back