X's and O's A Tale of Two Programs Today...

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Watched Pedo St vs Auburn and Miami vs AtM.

Auburn is what we've seen from Miami last 5-10 years. Flashes here and there, but no foundation or solid substance. Like our Canes then, Auburn is in for a ton more 20+-30+ Ls under the Harsin regime. Manuela roaming the sideline in College Station and it's easily a 30+ point loss.

Last night showed us something different. Mario and staff have taken a mid-level D1P5 talented roster in under 10 months and made them respectable in performance and grit. Enough with this "Miami has the talent". The roster has the athletes for #11-#25-ish ranked teams to be competitve and "in it" until the end. Against Top 10 they need a ton of help. TVD is not a first round talent at this stage, put the hookah pipe down if you think otherwise. None of the players are, but Miami does have a Top 5 recruiting and coaching staff, of that I'm convinced.

What I saw last night reminded me of the '89 and '90 Dallas Cowboys. Auburn is the 1-15 '89 Boys right now and Miami is '90 squad. While they finished 7-9, you could just see where His Most Holy Coiffed One was taking them.

I get the feeling, at this point, Mario is headed in that same direction.

Go Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Auburn is what we've seen from Miami last 5-10 years. Flashes here and there, but no foundation or solid substance. Like our Canes, Auburn is in for a ton more 20+-30+ Ls under the Harsin regime. Manuela roaming the sideline in College Station and it's easily a 30+ point loss.

Last night showed us something different. Mario and staff has taken a mid-level D1P5 talented roster in under 10 months and made them respectable in performance and grit. Enough with this "Miami has the talent". The roster has the athletes for #11-#25-ish ranked teams to be competitve and "in it" until the end. Against Top 10 they need a ton of help. TVD is not a first round talent at this stage, put the hookah pipe down if you think otherwise. None of the players are, but Miami does have a Top 5 recruiting and coaching staff, of that I'm convinced.

What I saw last night reminded me the 89 and 90 Dallas Cowboys. Auburn is the 89 Boys right now and Miami is 90 squad. While they finished 7-9, ypu could just see where His Most Holy Coiffed One was taking them.

I do get the feeling, at this point, Mario is headed in that same direction.

Go Canes.
Miami's 90 Squad was as good as anything in the country by the end of the yr....Ask #3 Texas.

Auburn is what we've seen from Miami last 5-10 years. Flashes here and there, but no foundation or solid substance. Like our Canes, Auburn is in for a ton more 20+-30+ Ls under the Harsin regime. Manuela roaming the sideline in College Station and it's easily a 30+ point loss.

Last night showed us something different. Mario and staff has taken a mid-level D1P5 talented roster in under 10 months and made them respectable in performance and grit. Enough with this "Miami has the talent". The roster has the athletes for #11-#25-ish ranked teams to be competitve and "in it" until the end. Against Top 10 they need a ton of help. TVD is not a first round talent at this stage, put the hookah pipe down if you think otherwise. None of the players are, but Miami does have a Top 5 recruiting and coaching staff, of that I'm convinced.

What I saw last night reminded me of the '89 and '90 Dallas Cowboys. Auburn is the 1-15 '89 Boys right now and Miami is '90 squad. While they finished 7-9, you could just see where His Most Holy Coiffed One was taking them.

I get the feeling, at this point, Mario is headed in that same direction.

Go Canes.
Take your own advice and put the hookah pipe down. The **** are yammering about?!

Advertisement
I am surprised you didn't analogize us to the Butch-era teams before 2000.

I'm sure that thread isn't too far behind

I am surprised you didn't analogize us to the Butch-era teams before 2000.

I'm sure that thread isn't too far behind
There is probably an argument to be had for that.

When will Mario get his "UCLA" win?

PS its Butch DAW GAWD-era. Only Chuck Norris is allowed to address him by first name and ONLY because Butch DAW GAWD allows him to do so

Advertisement
As mad as I am at the offensive output, this team is MUCH better (IMHO) than the product that we put out there, even when scoring way more points. I don’t think reasonable fans expected 15-0 or that a one score road loss as an underdog is catastrophic. We can be upset at the outcome and lack of offensive production without going to the “everyone sucks” extreme.

I’m cautiously optimistic even after last night’s result and I KNOW Mario will provide the players with the proper perspective. He’s also gonn recruit his tail off to make life that much easier when trying to win these types of games. Enjoy the road to get there.

As mad as I am at the offensive output, this team is MUCH better (IMHO) than the product that we put out there, even when scoring way more points. I don’t think reasonable fans expected 15-0 or that a one score road loss as an underdog is catastrophic. We can be upset at the outcome and lack of offensive production without going to the “everyone sucks” extreme.

I’m cautiously optimistic even after last night’s result and I KNOW Mario will provide the players with the proper perspective. He’s also gonn recruit his tail off to make life that much easier when trying to win these types of games. Enjoy the road to get there.
Remarkable how different last night's loss was vs 4th-17 abomination againat Gators several years back.

We need a lot more talent.
This team is prob 20+ players away tbh

I get so tired of this.

Real coaches do more with the talent they've got. In fact a team did just that one weekend ago, on the same field, against the same opponent.

Know what they did this weekend? They had to convert a hail Mary to save the game, at home, with GameDay there.

Was if a letdown performance after a big win for them with a big stage? I don't know, but the idea that we need a big talent advantage to win is what we've said for two decades.

You adjust to what you've got now and recruit towards the future. All I saw was a mediocre A&M team, not some juggernaut. They're very beatable, but we're talking about needing players.

All I heard last week was how Jimbo is a corch. If you're the real deal, you find a way to win. Play for it, we sure didn't as evidenced by settling for field goals. You're down two scores and settle for a field goal, yet you're still down two scores.

They've improved some things I think as it's early and we haven't faced anyone. Yes, A&M isn't anyone this season. The one sure thing we had, at QB, they've turned him into something that isn't even a shadow of his former self.

More players would help, but it won't be the solution.

I get so tired of this.

Real coaches do more with the talent they've got. In fact a team did just that one weekend ago, on the same field, against the same opponent.

Know what they did this weekend? They had to convert a hail Mary to save the game, at home, with GameDay there.

Was if a letdown performance after a big win for them with a big stage? I don't know, but the idea that we need a big talent advantage to win is what we've said for two decades.

You adjust to what you've got now and recruit towards the future. All I saw was a mediocre A&M team, not some juggernaut. They're very beatable, but we're talking about needing players.

All I heard last week was how Jimbo is a corch. If you're the real deal, you find a way to win. Play for it, we sure didn't as evidenced by settling for field goals. You're down two scores and settle for a field goal, yet you're still down two scores.

They've improved some things I think as it's early and we haven't faced anyone. Yes, A&M isn't anyone this season. The one sure thing we had, at QB, they've turned him into something that isn't even a shadow of his former self.

More players would help, but it won't be the solution.
Jimbo isn't the corch everyone criticizes him for.

Good/great teams get into struggles. Again, the demise of AtM, I believe, is exaggerated, however, that O isn't beating Bama or Jawga tomorrow.

TVD was overated last season. He is playing exactly as we thought. He needs WRs as much as they need him. TVD is not the accurate Rodgers or Brady we needed last night.

All please remember the 2001 Canes needed a goal line stand against Boston College to escape, yes ESCAPE, Chestnut Hill with the dub-u.

Advertisement
Mario and Mirabal have worked a pigskin miracle with OL unit.

Goodness, they might have been Miami's best position group last night.

When was the last time we could say that?

Truly amazing. Those 2 back to back penalties late absolutely killed us but 175 at 5ypc and no sacks is what we dreamed of. Damnit man …

Advertisement
Back