A-roid's name on baseball stadium

One thing baseball could not afford was to dumb the sport down voa PEDs to attract the longball lugheads in the stands. Well they did that; and ruined the game. It was a shot of caffine for a few years, but it destroyed the games integrity and the interplay between the legacy players and the active ones. Well at least the morons clapped like seals when the juicers hit some long balls.

In any case, since baseball is merely an exhibition now, the minor league game is a much better deal.

Advertisement
Some people need to stop being naive and deal with the fact that the majority of athletes will use any advantage they can to be better and win.
It's really a matter of who gets caught.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I personally have no problem with athletes taking PED's, it's their body.

Truth. People need to stop judging people who have ZERO effect on their lives.

My issue is about the embarrassment of having our stadium named after a cheater. As an alum and UM baseball fan, having Arod's name on the stadium does effect my life.

I am the same, I just don't care about the steroids issue (or HGH) because the game is already tainted and a high percentage of players (in the major sports) "cheat."

To me it is part of a bigger issue in this country, people believe [probably because we have run out of things to care about] they have the right to judge others and their actions even if they have no effect on their life. You can claim this has an "indirect" effect on your life but ARoid didn't personally attack you and your character. He did not defraud you, he just upset you.

Now A-Roid made a charitable donation to a program in need. He did not steal the money, he did not defraud investors, he made a donation. Since the game is tainted and he is a player in the game, I don't care. There are bigger issues i.e. the Head Coach of the Baseball team.

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

As much as I think Morris needs to go, I believe the ARod issue is bigger because his name will be attached to the stadium, and hence to the program, long after Jim Morris is gone. ARod is a disgrace to baseball, a pariah, and a laughingstock. He made the money he donated to UM, in part, by cheating. The fact that everybody was doing PEDs doesn't mean it was permissible. UM has links to this latest steroid scandal all over the place (the trainer and a bunch of prominent former players) and you are just fine with a notorious juice head having his name on our stadium forever? You're fine listening to FSU fans calling our stadium "The Roid" forever? I'm not. Donna needs to raise the money to pay ARod back his donation, remove his name from the stadium, and remove his name from the university entirely.

As much as I think Morris needs to go, I believe the ARod issue is bigger because his name will be attached to the stadium, and hence to the program, long after Jim Morris is gone. ARod is a disgrace to baseball, a pariah, and a laughingstock. He made the money he donated to UM, in part, by cheating. The fact that everybody was doing PEDs doesn't mean it was permissible. UM has links to this latest steroid scandal all over the place (the trainer and a bunch of prominent former players) and you are just fine with a notorious juice head having his name on our stadium forever? You're fine listening to FSU fans calling our stadium "The Roid" forever? I'm not. Donna needs to raise the money to pay ARod back his donation, remove his name from the stadium, and remove his name from the university entirely.

I don't think we're going to agree on this issue. I understand where you are coming from, I just feel differently.

I am fine with his name on the stadium. He hasn't committed any crimes. In all honesty I feel that ARod is often misrepresented. When you hear young players talk about him, they say that he is the nicest player and treats them well, he will go out and buy suits, buy tons of things for the young kids.

Advertisement
Alums and fans should put fund together to remove his name. It's extremely embarrassing to the program.

TC, Give him his million back and ask him to have his name removed. Do it to his face and not cowardly on a message board. Man up if it bothers you so much.

I don't think we're going to agree on this issue. I understand where you are coming from, I just feel differently.

Does it change your point of view if ARod ends up getting banned from baseball for life?

Some people need to stop being naive and deal with the fact that the majority of athletes will use any advantage they can to be better and win.
It's really a matter of who gets caught.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I personally have no problem with athletes taking PED's, it's their body.

Truth. People need to stop judging people who have ZERO effect on their lives.

My issue is about the embarrassment of having our stadium named after a cheater. As an alum and UM baseball fan, having Arod's name on the stadium does effect my life.

Well my issue is about having a ******* nu yak yankee's name on the stadium. They should pull it down for that reason alone.

Advertisement
Schilling just said on SportsCenter: "a lot of this goes back... to the connections to the university of Miami and the miami area."

:espnsux:

I bet there's a point system in Bristol for taking shots at the U

Schilling just said on SportsCenter: "a lot of this goes back... to the connections to the university of Miami and the miami area."

:espnsux:

I bet there's a point system in Bristol for taking shots at the U

Obviously bull****, but nonetheless more reason to remove him from any connection to our baseball program. Guy is a pariah.

Advertisement
It should not be removed. This whole situation has been blown up for all the wrong reasons. People are calling A-Rod a bad guy, he is definitely not a bad guy. Every young player that has played with him has loved him, he looks out for them, and helps them develop. He is the guy who will buy suits and things for all the young guys on the team, he donated millions of dollars to a University he did not even attend. Making a bad decision doesn't make you a bad guy. This isn't someone who committed a heinous crime, this is a guy who took the opportunity to get a slight advantage in a sport, something maybe 70% of the MLB did if Canseco and others are right.

Leave the name.

Advertisement
Back