A Rod

nyibis

Freshman
I don't know if he was on national tv but he was on the NY news as spring camp opened and he was wearing a UM pullover.
I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed. How do Cane fans feel about A Rod?
We'll see if he can actually play baseball.

Advertisement
As a baseball player, he was destined to be great from early on. I saw him twice in high school and he jumped off the field at you making plays and hitting the ball like he was already a pro. I don't know when he first started taking PED's, don't care, but he didn't ever need them IMO. He must've felt his career taking a downturn and wasnt ready for it. Now that I've got that out of the way....

I think he or anyone else taking something to enhance their gameplay is a douchebag of the highest order. Saying everyone else is doing it, while some certainly are, that's just scapegoating the behavior.

For better or worse, athletes are role models to a lot of kids to adults. Cheating yourself, the game, fans paying for your ludicrous salaries, advertisers attaching themselves to you, letting your teammates down, it's a **** joke.

Do I believe he deserves a shot at redemption, I suppose, but I also wouldn't care if sports adopted a one and done rule with this kind of stuff and he never saw the field again. You want integrity in your sport, that's exactly what they should do. Records have already gone out the window due to doping and extended seasons. To me, that lessens the game, brand, and unfortunately the player. Those who've cheated themselves like this, I'd love for one to be completely candid on how they actually feel about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know if he was on national tv but he was on the NY news as spring camp opened and he was wearing a UM pullover.
I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed. How do Cane fans feel about A Rod?

He is still a Cane so is Warren Sapp they did something stupid...they are not the only ones...as a matter of fact let anyone who has not done something wrong in their life be the first to lash out

Im proud. Never attended school and put money andhis time rooting for the canes. . A rod is a cane just as much as anybody can try to throw his shade his way. Once a cane always a cane

Advertisement
I'm cool with ARod. He's given tons of money to the school. IDC one bit about the PED use. Like the poster above said, "It saved the game."

The ban on PEDs is ridiculous. Give me one rational reason why athletes shouldn't be allowed to take PEDS. ARod is a great baseball player and the victim or a retarded system.

Advertisement

He is still a Cane so is Warren Sapp they did something stupid...they are not the only ones...as a matter of fact let anyone who has not done something wrong in their life be the first to lash out

Amen.

The ban on PEDs is ridiculous. Give me one rational reason why athletes shouldn't be allowed to take PEDS. ARod is a great baseball player and the victim or a retarded system.

The pencil necked geeks that actually run baseball, care too much about preserving their sacred records. Thats the only reason they banned PED's. That and public pressure, because for years theirs were the only major sport that didn't test for them. Dang near everyone was using them at that time. Most go awy with it, tho.

Alex is a cane.. He signed his LOI just never made it bc he was a 1st rounder.. Imagine he was also supposed to play QB for us under Erickson..

Advertisement
Back