A quick update after talking to some people

Right. Without recruiting, Mario is an $8mil year corch. If he is not able to recruit at an elite level, we are not going to win. And when I say elite, I mean at the top 3-5 mark. That’s what he was brought in to do. Now we are sitting with double digit low ranked 3 stars and eroding confidence in our ability to close. People need to understand that Mario’s ability to make us competitive is directly tied to his recruiting, thus the freak out

The Cristo-bros keep saying, "don't worry Mario is an elite recruiter." The real concern should be whether Cristobal actually believes in his own hype. I hoped UM would throw ridiculous money (like amounts that would make Bama blush) at recruits after the 5-7 season and we'd have at minimum a top 7 class right now and fans generally positive about the future and direction of the program. The fact that we didn't means either

[BGCOLOR=initial]1. Cristobal believes his own hype and thought he could simply sweet talk 5 stars in committing [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]2. Cristobal is self aware enough to know he can't work miracles, but we don't have the NIL money we thought we did[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Not sure which is worse. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
If TVD gets hurt this szn the sh*t is gonna hit the fan. I meant for a guy this year..who will get the starting spot. But around November the recruitind department guys need to have a qb list for the portal going.
It’s need to be going now

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Jada Pinkett Smith Ouchies GIF by Red Table Talk

Advertisement
I’m still smdh that the coaches were “blindsided.” These guys are supposed to be professionals and elite recruiters.

I am thinking recruiting is like picking up chicks. Not that it’s ever happened to me, but I’ve been told by less attractive and virile men that average men can tell if a chick isn’t interested in them. You’d think a seasoned recruiter like Mario and his crew would know this kid was going t blow them off.

At what point do you start look at the future and not giving a **** about the past. I mean I get it but let's move on. I don't see anything positive or productive on analyzing this past season. It is over down the toilet gone. Let's move the $&#@ on. If they go 8 and 4 and look good that is an improvement if you ask me. It is saddening and depressing as **** for people to blog all this gloom and doom. Chili out. That is all I am saying man. Reading these sad *** comments are unbearable.
Because recruits saw last season and it’s clearly still impacting us. That’s why it’s being brought up repeatedly.

Advertisement
Without NIL, Cristobal serves no purpose. He’ll recruit as well as Larry Coker did with wide receivers and quarterbacks in 2004-2006.

Either fund it or shut it down.
Shut what down? What are talking about?

BULL💩. No way he could overcame those OLine deficiencies last year. We couldn’t even convert 4th and a half yard.

Fun fact - the Diaz-coached Canes were #6 in the country in 2021 on 4th down conversions, with a success rate of 72%.

In 2020, we were #18, converting at 69%.

I must have missed the part of the draft where we lost multiple first rounders on the OL between 2021 and 2022.

Advertisement
I’m still smdh that the coaches were “blindsided.” These guys are supposed to be professionals and elite recruiters.

I am thinking recruiting is like picking up chicks. Not that it’s ever happened to me, but I’ve been told by less attractive and virile men that average men can tell if a chick isn’t interested in them. You’d think a seasoned recruiter like Mario and his crew would know this kid was going t blow them off.
Nope it happens. It happened to me with one of my own players on signing day.

It’s comical that there are people in here 🖕🥱👎 at posters for speaking the truth in a non-inflammatory manner. If we’re not paying like others after 5-7, and/or losing ground on guys like Scott, what do you expect from people - trust the process and evals, wait for the on-field coaching…???

Less than 4 weeks and counting down Slurpers.

Advertisement
It’s comical that there are people in here 🖕🥱👎 at posters for speaking the truth in a non-inflammatory manner. If we’re not paying like others after 5-7, and/or losing ground on guys like Scott, what do you expect from people - trust the process and evals, wait for the on-field coaching…???

Less than 4 weeks and counting down Slurpers.
This is nothing new.

Advertisement
Back