A Potential Scenario

Are they trending as a dangerous team in the future? Yes, no doubt. But....GR15 every down plus Roche and Phillips will give Howell and UNC fits like they've never seen. If it weren't for horrendous kicking, we win that game last year. Secondary will be more experienced, too. We've seen the kid before. He'll get his but we won't go down 14-0 right off the bat due to blown coverages. Bandy, love him, but he was horrendous that game.

And I didn't even mention King and Lashlee.

If if we have a loss prior to this game....we can and should win it.

Prediction: Miami 27, UNC 20. GR15 strip sack to seal game.

Advertisement
1. Pass the blunt already

2. If you really do wanna play the it’s the offseason and I’m high as a giraffe’s balls game, the likelihood of this happening is very, very small. You can never say never, but there’d have to be a cosmic shift to get 2 ACC teams in the playoff. Every year is different, but it’s a pretty awful conference save clemson.

If we hadn't crapped the bed against Pitt and played a respectable game against Clemson (in what would have been a #1 vs. #2 matchup), there was a very good chance we'd have made the playoff in 2017.

UNC was a 4th and 17 conversion away from being 6-7 last year. So let’s step back a bit from the ledge.

If we hadn't crapped the bed against Pitt and played a respectable game against Clemson (in what would have been a #1 vs. #2 matchup), there was a very good chance we'd have made the playoff in 2017.

I'll say sure there was a chance. But a good chance? Of a committee putting a 1 loss Miami team in the CFP over a 1 loss Alabama team? Highly, highly doubtful.

I'll say sure there was a chance. But a good chance? Of a committee putting a 1 loss Miami team in the CFP over a 1 loss Alabama team? Highly, highly doubtful.

Well who knows what would've happened, but the narrative all over ESPN at the time was that we would see both Miami and Clemson in the playoff if the ACC Championship was close. Remember that Alabama didn't win their division, and their loss to Auburn looked worse after Auburn got blown out by Georgia in the SEC Championship.

Now, I'm not saying the Committee wouldn't have still wanted to sneak Bama in there, but I think in that scenario they'd have given us the nod... But obviously we ended up crapping the bed instead, so who knows.

Advertisement
Not the playoff, but we'll be NY6 bowling in an at-large slot. They've kept more teams out that didn't win their division than they let in during the CFP era, plus couple that with the lack of respect for the ACC, no playoffs for us in that scenario.

BTW.....I think Clemson goes down during the regular season this year......and in the Coastal title game vs either UNC or.....Miami. 2 loss Clemson squad but I think several teams get 10+ wins from the ACC this sz.....Clemson-UNC-Miami with FSU possibly getting it done in the bowl game to reach 10.

Are they trending as a dangerous team in the future? Yes, no doubt. But....GR15 every down plus Roche and Phillips will give Howell and UNC fits like they've never seen. If it weren't for horrendous kicking, we win that game last year. Secondary will be more experienced, too. We've seen the kid before. He'll get his but we won't go down 14-0 right off the bat due to blown coverages. Bandy, love him, but he was horrendous that game.

And I didn't even mention King and Lashlee.

If if we have a loss prior to this game....we can and should win it.

Prediction: Miami 27, UNC 20. GR15 strip sack to seal game.
CMD has had some good DL groups at UM, but this upcoming season could have the best Canes DL group in over a decade. Rousseau, Phillips, Roche, Harvey, Williams, etc. on the outside are by far the best DEs in over a decade, and Silvera, Ford and the DTs will actually be an improvement over last season. The Canes should be able to consistently pressure the QB without the CMD/Blake Baker exotic blitzes and stunts, which should help the young LBs play fast and make plays

UNC is going to be a problem...well coached, good QB, rising level of talent across the board.

With that said, neither Miami or UNC is an undefeated, 1-loss kind of team so this scenario is very weird.

Advertisement
No, because the 1 loss UNC team still beat the 1 loss Canes team. Before anyone brings up 2000, UNC’s 1 loss was to an undefeated team (in this situation).

Here’s a more likely scenario: We win the coastal, lose to Clemson valiantly, and play the winner of the SEC East (likely beaten in the SEC CG by the SEC west champ) in the OB game. Revenge on UF or a chance to beat UGA and shake the trail up.

Let’s suppose Sam Howell is all they he is hyped up to be and more, and an unbeaten Canes slip up at home 28-24. Carolina is our only loss, and UNC goes 12-0 to win the division.

Miami goes undefeated the rest of the way to go 11-1. They fail to win the Coastal as UNC goes 12-0. Then the Tarheels get blown out by Clemson in the ACC title game.

Does Miami leapfrog UNC to get to the national championship tournament, presuming there is a spot for a 1 loss team?
My man if you think UNC is going 12 and 0 with a team that over all besides Howell is as talented as any other middle of the road ACC team with upper classmen being the players that went what, 1-11 two years ago? Then I have some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Arizona! Lol come on man, let’s try to talk reality here.

My man if you think UNC is going 12 and 0 with a team that over all besides Howell is as talented as any other middle of the road ACC team with upper classmen being the players that went what, 1-11 two years ago? Then I have some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Arizona! Lol come on man, let’s try to talk reality here.
I don't. It was a hypothetical. I'm where Mack used to live, and unless Howell is Prime Vince Young or Year 4 Colt McCoy they're not going to the NC tournament.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back