A plethora of updates on S FL kids

D

deleted3746

Per Ryan Bartow and Luke Stampini on 247

• Torrance Gibson: Ohio St. leads Auburn and Tennessee...will be visiting Miami on Sunday...plans on taking all 5 OVs with plans to announce on 20 OCTOBER
  • Jovon Durante: Remains a strong commit to WVU...Alabama and Auburn are 2nd and 3rd...planning on OVs this fall to Miami, Tennessee, Clemson, Georgia, and WVU
  • Tim Irvin: Isn't naming favorites, but Bartow says this is shaping up to be a Miami/UF battle...will be announcing his 5 OVs on Monday
  • Jordan Scarlett: Said he's committed to Miami 100%...hasn't heard from any other schools the last few weeks
  • Jordan Cronkrite: Remains solid with Miami...wants to take his OVs after his senior year...Miami, USCe, WVU, and UF are his top 4 according to Bartow
  • Tarvarus McFadden: High on FSU with Georgia right there...planning on OVs to LSU, FSU, Georgia, Ohio St., and UCF
  • Calvin Brewton: Remains 100% committed to FSU, but has not received a written offer from FSU yet...has received written offers from Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF
  • Calvin Ridley: 97% committed to Alabama...planning on OVs to Miami and FSU...his mom likes Miami and FSU so her saying no to Alabama would likely be the only thing that could change his mind
  • Carlton Davis: Already knows what school he's committing to Tuesday at 9pm...Bartow is expecting Miami to be the choice
  • Antonio Callaway: Miami and UF are after him the hardest...plans on visiting both schools for games in the fall
  • Rashad Fenton: USCe and UCF are his leaders...planning on fall OVs to Arkansas, USCe, UCF, and Tennessee
  • Rashard Causey: Says he's a soft commit to FAU...hopes to take fall OVs to Wisconsin, USCe, FSU, Miami, and Michigan
  • Tyrek Cole: Says Miami is a close 2nd to his FSU verbal...planning on OVs after his senior year to LSU, Alabama, USCe, FSU, and Tennessee
  • Deltron Sands: Solid to Maryland...hopes to OV at Maryland, Syracuse, and UCF/UF if they offer
  • Ronnie Hoggins: Akron leads Marshall...hopes to visit both in the fall
  • Jason Strowbridge: Says Miami leads Kentucky and Alabama...will visit Miami on Sunday, hopes to visit Kentucky in the fall
  • Fermin Silva: Has a lead group of Marshall, Cincinnati, and Temple
  • Devante Peete: Says Miami leads Ohio St. and FSU...hopes to take OVs to Miami, Louisville, LSU, and Ohio St. this fall...Bartow says it's unclear which schools are pushing for a commitment right now
  • Mark Walton: Solid to Miami...Georgia is 2nd, FSU 3rd...hopes to visit all 3 for games in the fall...says it's 50/50 on him being a member of the *2015 cycle...his coaches are confident he'll finish up the classes and paperwork needed to make that happen
  • Richard McIntosh: Solid to Miami...might take OVs this fall to Alabama, UF, and FSU
  • Trevon Sands: 100% to USF...still hears from Louisville
  • Shawn Curtis: Has high interest in Illinois, Duke, Pitt, and Miss St.
  • Cedrick Wiggins: Favors Alcorn St. over UConn
  • Chidi Okeke-Valentine: Will return to S FL for his junior year after living in Atlanta according to Mike Tunsil
  • Trayvon Mullen: Says Clemson is his dream school
  • Binjimen Victor: Has high interest in Tennessee, Ohio St., Miami, and Clemson
  • Malek Young: Has high interest in FSU, Miami, and UCLA...will visit Miami later this month with Victor and Mullen
  • Keyshawn Strong: Says Miami leads...claims offers from Miami, FAU, and Appalachian St.
  • Nick Bosa: Ohio St. leads FSU
  • Sam Bruce: 100% committed to Miami...hasn't heard from any schools the last few weeks
  • Keldrick Cesar: Lists interest from Arkansas and FIU
  • Brian Burns: Clemson is his biggest offer...hopes to visit the big 3 to get in state offers
  • Deon McIntosh: Miami leads FSU...older brother Richard is committed to Miami

SOURCE

Advertisement
That Trayvon Mullen info sucks for us.
It's going to be crazy were going to be bringing in like 20 WR's in the next two classes. Were gunna need to cut a few in this class if Ridley and Peete decide to come, especially because I think the ones next year are even better, and I don't want to lose them because we have to many guys ahead of them.

Appreciate the updates, Thread Killa. Thanks.

- Irvin being a UM/UF battle is interesting because Jaquan apparently has FSU on top right now, according to CaneSport. It'll be interesting to see if they do end up being a package deal as has been speculated.

- Peete having Miami in the lead right now is very good news.

- Great to hear that we lead for Deon McIntosh at the moment. Outstanding 2016 RB.

Advertisement
266.gif

wow lots of info. great stuff.

It's going to be crazy were going to be bringing in like 20 WR's in the next two classes. Were gunna need to cut a few in this class if Ridley and Peete decide to come, especially because I think the ones next year are even better, and I don't want to lose them because we have to many guys ahead of them.

I think it's almost inevitable that there will be attrition at WR this year, so numbers likely aren't worth worrying about. Gosier and Spence are both slated to take a full slate of official visits. They're likely keeping their options open in case we're able to hit on our top targets at the position, i.e. Ridley and Peete.

Chatman plans to take his visits as well, but he's the only receiver currently committed who I'd hate to lose. I think he should be a take no matter what happens, though others may disagree.

There's no reason to take more than 3 WRs in 2015. It would make sense to only take 2, depending on how things play out.

My thoughts.

Hope we land Deon McIntosh. His tape.... Oh BOY. Glad were in lead. He's a BEAST.

Burns is a kid who will be more evaluated after his season. Lot of potential though.

Surprised no mention of Bama with Victor.

Hope we could land the Creek trio in Mullens, Young and Victor for 2016. Would give us good chance at Greene in 2017.

Wonder where Okeke-Valentine will play if he really is coming back to FL, weird situation there.

Think we land Peete.

Silva is a kid I would like for us to pursue but I think he has bad grades.

Amazing how everything has changed for Strowbridge with us, few weeks back everyone said no chance. Now he's on commit watch tomorrow, want this kid bad.

Cole is all miami.

Staff cooled on Causey a lot.

Staff not high on Fenton.

Calloway ends up being a take pending how good he does this year, very under the radar kid originally from homestead. Him and Davante are underrated. Think Davante a stud.

Carlton to Miami,if not....then South Carolina.

Calvin might endup having problems with his momma, sometimes this works for us or hurts us. Long way to go, our season can change things here.

Interesting Brewton doesn't have written offer. Makes more sense why fsu still pursuing safeties.

Think Irvin and Cronk will be canes.

McFadden FSU or UGA or LSU. Flip a coin twice.

Durante cooling on Miami a bit or maybe staff completely cooled off on him due to grades. Think he's one of those kids who would be a Caneif his grades were a lot better. Heard his grades are terrible. WVU or Prep for him.

Bruce and Scarlett are studs and leaders.

Lastly, Gibson. Who knows what's gonna happen there but will get interesting having Snelson committed here now and the fact Gibson more open to receiver now. For now... Who knows where the heck he's going.

Go Canes.

I think it's almost inevitable that there will be attrition at WR this year, so numbers likely aren't worth worrying about. Gosier and Spence are both slated to take a full slate of official visits. They're likely keeping their options open in case we're able to hit on our top targets at the position, i.e. Ridley and Peete.

Chatman plans to take his visits as well, but he's the only receiver currently committed who I'd hate to lose. I think he should be a take no matter what happens, though others may disagree.

There's no reason to take more than 3 WRs in 2015. It would make sense to only take 2, depending on how things play out.

I called it before that I think most likely out is Chatman. He's out of state and wants to play with his bestfriend, and LSU might come calling if he tears it up. I didn't think he was too serious in his commit.

I want Gossier and Spence. Think we add on Peete to that and Ridley is a maybe. Give me those 4. Gossier a lot of potential. Spence been blowing up, just watch this year, Spence is a good one.

As for the creek and monarch boys of 2015-2017. Think they may change their tune a bit if we do well this season.

Also on Irvin and Jaquan. We'll see if they both really want to play together. I think they both end up Canes but not anytime soon. I just can't see Irvin playing at UF(Come on man an Irvin at UF?) and neither can I see Jaquan playing at FSU. **** happens, but I think Canes, especially if we add Cole. Staff does feel good here according to Pete. Hope for the best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really turning into RB U again man. Most likely gonna land Deon McIntosh for 2016. And 2017 stud freakazoid Robert Burns,who is childhood friends with Mullins and Wright, those kids have loved the U since like forever. And with Baez here, would be hard to see Burns go elsewhere in 2017.

2014 - Trayone Gray, Joe Yearby

2015 - Jordan Cronkrite, Jordan Scarlett, Dexter Williams

2016 - Deon McIntosh?, Mark Walton

2017 - Robert Burns?

God ****, not including fact we still got Duke here. Gore, Miller and James still in nfl too. Don't get me started about the others that came through and did their thing in the league too.

I don't wanna hear anyone complain our RBs for years. We are gonna be LOADED.

And if it gets too crowded or if Gray doesn't work out at RB, they can always have him take crack at Receiver too, same for Williams.

Gus, gonna end up at fullback if he doesnt step up.

Theirs depth,then their is quality depth. That's a stockpile of it.

Last edited:
Man just rewatching Deon McIntosh is incredible. I came away impressed the first time I had watched him a while back. But this kid is just unreal. Fast as ****, has to be a legit 4.3, electric, has moves and can catch the ball. Thing that stands out most, he is lightning fast. About 170-175 now, but he'll probably be in 180 range by college then with a weight program oh boy.

Kid is scary. Definitely could see him being the fastest back on the roster day he walks on campus. I know Scarlett runs a 4.3 and Williams is electric too. But McIntosh,idk how to put it, makes it look like a video game. And that's just sophomore highlights.

Man just rewatching Deon McIntosh is incredible. I came away impressed the first time I had watched him a while back. But this kid is just unreal. Fast as ****, has to be a legit 4.3, electric, has moves and can catch the ball. Thing that stands out most, he is lightning fast. About 170-175 now, but he'll probably be in 180 range by college then with a weight program oh boy.

Kid is scary. Definitely could see him being the fastest back on the roster day he walks on campus. I know Scarlett runs a 4.3 and Williams is electric too. But McIntosh,idk how to put it, makes it look like a video game. And that's just sophomore highlights.

He definitely doesn't run like someone that weighs 170 lbs. If he gains a healthy 20 lbs of muscle, he will be a beast.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Moar Wyde Receptors

Advertisement
Back