A Look At 2024

I personally wouldn’t describe Larkin as a true point guard. But point still well take.

I was surprised (in his only year as a full time starter) that Larkin averaged more assists per game and fewer turnovers than Lecomte. Also a much higher FG%.

Lecomte scored more points than Larkin in their last years but at a substantially lower efficiency.

Advertisement
I was surprised (in his only year as a full time starter) that Larkin averaged more assists per game and fewer turnovers than Lecomte. Also a much higher FG%.

Lecomte scored more points than Larkin in their last years but at a substantially lower efficiency.
Thank you for that insight I wouldn’t have guessed that either. Larkin certainly had better pieces around him for the assist to turnover ratio but still surprising.

No doubt Larkin was a total stud. Wish we got to see Lecomte on better teams…. Would Lecomte still have been there if he didn’t transfer and have a chance to play the 1 instead of Jaquan Newton the year of Lonnie and Bruce? That would have been fun to watch

My guess is he lost minutes to Rodriguez his sophomore year (28 per to 22 per) and that was somewhat of a factor.
Could well be. Still, with Manu's rising ceiling you'd hope your HC could find a way to make it all work. I'm sure JL gave it it his all and this was just one of those unfortunate cases ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watson is huge. George is super smooth
Been saying, Watson is not the 6'6" guard he was recruited as, he's a 6'8"-6'9" wing who can still shoot the rock. He is the internal Miller replacement, but offers even more size. Don't think it will change his offensive position from wing to big, but it will be helpful to be able to defend more positions. Having him, Cleveland, George on the floor in various combos with a guard and also Omier/Nwoko will cause a ton of problems for other teams because of the mix of size and skill amongst most of the players on the floor.

Been saying, Watson is not the 6'6" guard he was recruited as, he's a 6'8"-6'9" wing who can still shoot the rock. He is the internal Miller replacement, but offers even more size. Don't think it will change his offensive position from wing to big, but it will be helpful to be able to defend more positions. Having him, Cleveland, George on the floor in various combos with a guard and also Omier/Nwoko will cause a ton of problems for other teams because of the mix of size and skill amongst most of the players on the floor.

Even last year, Watson was taller than Miller, Walker, and Wooga. It wouldn't surprise me if he's taller than Casey too.

Advertisement
These workouts are unsupervised right? No coaches?
1687854997000.png
1687855207311.png
1687855247205.png

Advertisement

I’ve posted this a million times, but Bens is 39.7% from three for his career. That’s **** good. Just small incremental improvement from him and Poplar - along with Pack continuing to do what he does - makes us crazy dangerous offensively.

And I don’t think we’ve ever had a second line with as much talent and potential as Watson, Casey, George, Nwoko, and Robinson.

Advertisement
Back