A Look At 2024

Advertisement
Wong needs to declare and enter the process without an agent. He’s got nothing to lose to get a feel for what the league thinks about him. He’ll likely hear he needs to learn to shoot the three better, but all it takes is one team to fall in love and his future is secure.
I don’t think you can learn how to shoot 3’s and yes it only takes one let’s not give him any ideas he might be reading this. lol

Is it possible Wooga would move to the 2 to replace Wong? Can Casey play the 3?

Would allow Omier to move to the 4 and add a transfer big man

Would help add length to our lineup
Wooga is a wing. He plays the 2 & 3 spots. I don't think there's any chance Casey can play the 3 right now. In another year or two, IF he develops his perimeter skills? Maybe. Kinda reminds me of a young Anthony Walker. An athletic big that produces off the muscle, not necessarily his skill set. Just didn't see anything this season to tell me otherwise. Did show flashes of having a perimeter game in HS, but the ACC is a different animal. A guy to keep an eye on is C-Wat (Christian Watson). He's a 6'6" wing with similar measurable to Miller. My biggest concern is his lack of PT this past season. Would've been nice to see him get some consistent minutes during the latter part of the season, in hopes he would make the same kind of jump Wooga and Benz made after their freshmen year.

Last edited:
Wooga is a wing. He plays the 2 & 3 spots. I don't think there's any chance Casey can play the 3 right now. In another year or two, IF he develops his perimeter skills? Maybe. Kinda reminds me of a young Anthony Walker. An athletic big that produces off the muscle, not necessarily his skill set. A guy to keep an eye on is C-Wat (Christian Watson). He's a 6'6" wing with similar measurable to Miller. My biggest concern is his lack of PT this past season. Would've been nice to see him get some consistent minutes during the latter part of the season, in hopes he would make the same kind of jump Wooga and Benz made after their freshmen year.
I agree Beverly got those minutes but he seemed to digress as the season went on.

Wooga is a wing. He plays the 2 & 3 spots. I don't think there's any chance Casey can play the 3 right now. In another year or two, IF he develops his perimeter skills? Maybe. Kinda reminds me of a young Anthony Walker. An athletic big that produces off the muscle, not necessarily his skill set. Just didn't see anything this season to tell me otherwise. Did show flashes of having a perimeter game in HS, but the ACC is a different animal. A guy to keep an eye on is C-Wat (Christian Watson). He's a 6'6" wing with similar measurable to Miller. My biggest concern is his lack of PT this past season. Would've been nice to see him get some consistent minutes during the latter part of the season, in hopes he would make the same kind of jump Wooga and Benz made after their freshmen year.
Watson reminds me of Lonnie Walker ... score first mentality, attacks the basket and has great hops. Wish we had given him court time last season. Really looking forward to see him have an explosive season...

Advertisement
I don’t think you can learn how to shoot 3’s and yes it only takes one let’s not give him any ideas he might be reading this. lol
He’s never gonna be a 40% shooter, but he can improve. He took his game to another level this past year when he was told he wasn’t good enough. If he’s told he’s got one more shot or he’ll never play in the league, I bet he does everything he can to do it again.

By the way Inday thanks for your driving interest in both men’s and woman’s basketball. Now my question is WHY AM I STILL FRESHMAN STATUS WITH ALMOST 3000 POSTS ?🤔
Because your title was custom set to "Freshman". I deleted your title and you are now "Senior".

Advertisement
He’s way older than that. He’s been a Cane since the Middle Ages (circa 1060 AD).
Okay okay enjoy your youth we all gotta get older but I got my Final Four. Saw the Fins in their heyday win championships. The Heat , the Marlins even the Panthers got to the Stanley Cup. Of course Canes football and baseball won championships. But never ever got to THE FINAL FOUR👏👏👏

Okay okay enjoy your youth we all gotta get older but I got my Final Four. Saw the Fins in their heyday win championships. The Heat , the Marlins even the Panthers got to the Stanley Cup. Of course Canes football and baseball won championships. But never ever got to THE FINAL FOUR👏👏👏
All in jest. I always figured you were born in October of 1960 not really a fan since the year 1060 thought that’s been the joke. Lol.

I was 6 during the undefeated season. I actually went to games - Canes and Dolphins- at a young age. I still remember we had Dolphins dress up day in elementary school.

Advertisement
“He hasn't even scratched the surface,” Larranaga said. “His offensive skills, as good as they are, can reach not just one level up but two or three levels up. And we're going to spend a lot of time with him spring, summer and fall leading into next season, and we'll see a much improved offensive player. How do you say that when the guy's already averaging double-figure points in rebounds? I don't know. But he's just getting better and better.”
I really believe that most of our improvement will be internal. We do need to get one additional big man though. Having only one big man that we could depend on hurt us a lot last year.

Omier needed that one year to get transitioned to ACC speed similar to Jordan his first year in the ACC. I expect him to be dominant next year.

I really believe that most of our improvement will be internal. We do need to get one additional big man though. Having only one big man that we could depend on hurt us a lot last year.

Omier needed that one year to get transitioned to ACC speed similar to Jordan his first year in the ACC. I expect him to be dominant next year.

There’s even a scenario where we don’t need any transfers, if… if, if, if, if, Watson and Casey develop significantly and Nwoko can contribute minutes, we could be just fine as is.

But I certainly hope we add a stretch 4/5

All in jest. I always figured you were born in October of 1960 not really a fan since the year 1060 thought that’s been the joke. Lol.

I was 6 during the undefeated season. I actually went to games - Canes and Dolphins- at a young age. I still remember we had Dolphins dress up day in elementary school.
I go back to the Charlie Tate days my first game in the OB was at 6 years old. I lived a block away from UM was a bat boy for the baseball team we had one wooden bleacher. Basketball was at the Miami Beach convention hall. Remember we had no pro sports back then so the Hurricanes was it. When the football team played never very good we would have 4 full pages of pictures in the Miami Herald from the game the night before. Also we did average close to 50000 but it was the only game in town.

Advertisement

George Wilson Jr those days were ugly.

You make it all sound so simple, when it's anything but, under the uneven NIL-portal-solicitations rules. Assuming Ruiz/LW finances and/or focu$ on football are NOT a problem going forward (and some think that's a big IF more than others) we still are Miami... BOT...Dr. Frenk... The last guy probably would rather have a sweet-16 ACC BB team to "congratulate" than a Final-4 one that the pundits are widely saying "was bought and paid for". We fans guffaw as we know or care abt bags others have used to gain the top, and can eat up the hate-Miami and spit it out, but Frenkly-speaking I'm not sure they view it the same way...

...while NIL helped get us a Final-4, it also got us unpleasant publicity last year, and the Katie Meyers suspension, unjustified or not, doesn't help. While I hope and pray along with the rest of ya, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't see a big $igning deal this time, or if Wong leaves (for lack of huge NIL, etc.)
What if Life Wallet as a business goes "belly up?" Are there other Ruiz' businesses with NIL possibilities? If not, where are other local businessmen/women with UM ties who could offer similar NIL opportunity? Other schools (especially the mega state universities) have collectives, where it isn't so dependent on just one person.

Advertisement
Back