A Little Roscoe Parrish Down Memory Lane Love For CIS

Advertisement
One of my all time favorite's. Roscoe almost was not a cane, Butch Davis thought that he was too small. When a scholarship became
available, offensive coordinator Larry Coker went out on a limb and gave it to Roscoe , and Butch said OK.

Advertisement
One of my all time favorite's. Roscoe almost was not a cane, Butch Davis thought that he was too small. When a scholarship became
available, offensive coordinator Larry Coker went out on a limb and gave it to Roscoe , and Butch said OK.
That is impossible! I have learned through this site that God himself goes to Butch Davis for answers on everything, there is no way Butch would have missed on Roscoe if not for Coker.

That is impossible! I have learned through this site that God himself goes to Butch Davis for answers on everything, there is no way Butch would have missed on Roscoe if not for Coker.
Lol at Butch missing on Scoe if not for Coker...Where do people come up with this stuff??...Lol at Coker giving him a schollie without Butch's approval....Jesus H Christ...as if Butch never gave a schollie to undersized playmakers....

Advertisement
If my memory serves me correctly Roscoe got offered once Butch left and Coker was HC.
Thats what happened.

Roscoe was about 145-150pds in high school....the most similar player to him recently was Tu Tu Atwell who i was ectremely frustrated we didnt recruit. Both played qb in high school and did major things in dade.

Roscoe got the offer after Butch left.,..him and his homie Frank Gore were headed to Ole Miss

I remember years ago , when the Hurricane Club was sponsored by Monte Trainers in the east end zone in the Old OB.
We always got there early to get refreshed and watch pregame warmups.

One of the most amazing sites was watching Rosco and Santana return punts in warm ups putting on a show

We watched saying how in the world can anyone touch theses guys just a touch was nearly impossible yet tackle.

I love finding post that brings back memories of a time we roamed CFB and fed well on the presses chosen ones .

GOCANES

Advertisement
but we aren’t even in a position to tie the 2002 National Championship at the end of regulation
Yeah we were with 5:19 left in the 4th. Dorsey threw a 20 yard bullet down the seam to Parrish and Roscoe fumbled the ball. We would've had the ball on OSU 24yard line 1st and 10. At the very least we would've tied it right then.

That night was a self inflicting disaster.

The OL played like ***.
Taylor getting stripped.
Roscoe fumbling
Glenn Sharpe playing on the most important drive in the biggest game. People complain about Gore not playing in the end but Sharp playing was the biggest crime. Krenzel had less than 100 yard passing in regulation and 33% completions but Sharp made it easy for him to make completion because he wasn't good enough to be playing.

Advertisement
Yeah we were with 5:19 left in the 4th. Dorsey threw a 20 yard bullet down the seam to Parrish and Roscoe fumbled the ball. We would've had the ball on OSU 24yard line 1st and 10. At the very least we would've tied it right then.

That night was a self inflicting disaster.

The OL played like ***.
Taylor getting stripped.
Roscoe fumbling
Glenn Sharpe playing on the most important drive in the biggest game. People complain about Gore not playing in the end but Sharp playing was the biggest crime. Krenzel had less than 100 yard passing in regulation and 33% completions but Sharp made it easy for him to make completion because he wasn't good enough to be playing.

And OSU had no answer for Winslow. None. He could have had 20 catches.

Advertisement
Back