A little Cristobal/ Kiffin perspective today...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
Oregon was a 3 point underdog today and lost by 31 on the road. They underperformed Vegas by 28 points.

Ole Miss was a 36 point favorite today and won by 14 at home. They underperformed Vegas by 22 points.

And Vandy was even driving to cut it to 7 and set up an onside kick opportunity but threw a bad pick inside the 10 to end it. I am not condemning either of them btw. My point is, don't overreact. Zoom out. They are both still excellent coaches who we'd be very, very lucky to get.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s just laughable if you think we’re getting a coach with a better resume than Mario.

12 win season, rose bowl, two conference championships (3rd on the way), beat OSU on the road.

Is he perfect? No but you’re banking that Miami can pull the talent to keep these games from happening. Also, we don’t know that the Miami rumors didn’t impact Oregon’s players

It’s just laughable if you think we’re getting a coach with a better resume than Mario.

12 win season, rose bowl, two conference championships (3rd on the way), beat OSU on the road.

Is he perfect? No but you’re banking that Miami can pull the talent to keep these games from happening. Also, we don’t know that the Miami rumors didn’t impact Oregon’s players

Totally agree.

Also Mario (or whoever comes) is walking into a TVD and Garcia QB room. Most complicated part of the puzzle, solved.

Advertisement

Maybe the Miami rumors affected Cristobal too. He may have already checked out and wants to come to the 305. I STILL THINK Cristobal would win big here. Go canes!

Advertisement
Maybe the Miami rumors affected Cristobal too. He may have already checked out and wants to come to the 305. I STILL THINK Cristobal would win big here. Go canes!

Or maybe his kids checked out on him with all the rumors swirling this week? Lots of possibilities. Sports are fun.

Oregon was a 3 point underdog today and lost by 31 on the road. They underperformed Vegas by 28 points.

Ole Miss was a 36 point favorite today and won by 14 at home. They underperformed Vegas by 22 points.

And Vandy was even driving to cut it to 7 and set up an onside kick opportunity but threw a bad pick to end it. I am not condemning either of them btw. My point is, don't overreact. Zoom out. They are both still excellent coaches who we'd be very, very lucky to get.
Not really perspective, but kind of a kick in the nuts.

Yes I know that could be considered the same thing...I'm just saying that one we all want to view as reality and then other we all pray never happens.

The last thing we want as fans is to get exactly what we want...and then we get kicked in the nuts

Advertisement
I'm not buying. They were playing for a **** playoff spot. You don't check out out when you're playing for the biggest prize.

Dude, kids check out when their girlfriends show up 10 minutes late before a bowl game. Not on purpose, they just aren't always able to stay the course. I am not saying this happened, I am saying I'll bet its been a pretty major distraction this week, that they had to battle. Especially in a small market like Eugene. **** look at their boards. You think it was any different on campus?

Advertisement
Dude, kids check out when their girlfriends show up 10 minutes late before a bowl game. Not on purpose, they just aren't always able to stay the course. I am not saying this happened, I am saying I'll bet its been a pretty major distraction this week, that they had to battle. Especially in a small market like Eugene. **** look at their boards. You think it was any different on campus?
More likely that he just didn’t have them prepared

Advertisement
Back