A History Lesson RE: the gator

with regards to the "gator flop". you wont see me crying or complaining about it. that's a gator and nole trait. to the victors go the spoils i say. and id hope that if we ever found ourselves in that same situation, we'd do the exact same thing.

over here sounding like randy shannon after urban kicked a field goal. accept the *** whooping and everything that comes along with it, keep your mouth shut, and do everything ******* possible to ensure that you dont end up in that same situation again.

Huh? There's a big difference between running up the score (which is disrespectful, but I can live with) and laying down on the ******* field to let your opponent score. Are you high? This program would NEVER do that. That's sacrilegious. You don't lay down on a football field like a bunch of *******. Ever. Get the **** out of here with this garbage.

Advertisement
Huh? There's a big difference between running up the score (which is disrespectful, but I can live with) and laying down on the ******* field to let your opponent score. Are you high? This program would NEVER do that. That's sacrilegious. You don't lay down on a football field like a bunch of *******. Ever. Get the **** out of here with this garbage.

we were down 45-8. sounds like we had been laying down on the football field like a bunch of ******* the entire game.

Advertisement
Some of you guys crack me up, "a different kind of kid goes to UF"...seriously, my son goes to UF and virtually all of the kids I've met from there are just like every other college kid.
Funny I went to their spring game two years ago and wore my Miami hat, we went to a coupe of tailgates and even a frat house and no one said a peep to me, even in the stadium we talked about Richt and their concerns about Franks and Mullen.

We will both get negged to death but I agree 100% I am a UF alum as is my son, nephew, niece and soon daughter. As with any fan base you are going to have ignorant ********, but it does make sense to stigmatize a person based upon an education institution. I received a scholarship offer to UM but still couldn't afford it neither could my son. But family and closest friends attending made sense for me and my child to go UF route. I wore my canes gear proudly the entire time I was there and never once did anyone say a word to me. Same with my boy.
The ignorance sometimes in these threads is impeccable

I was only 8 when UF cancelled (*****ed out of) the annual series. It didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't now. How do you justify ending a series against a rival? I'm not talking about some conference rival like Virginia Tech but an instate rival that you played every single year going back 50 years. Since then, I've learned some of the history of the rivalry and the hate for UF far overshadows hate for teams like FSU, Penn Rape or Ohio Fake. The only rivalry that maybe compares would be Notre Dame. Both programs were happy to schedule Miami for annual beat downs but when Miami started winning against them, they both quit.

We will both get negged to death but I agree 100% I am a UF alum as is my son, nephew, niece and soon daughter. As with any fan base you are going to have ignorant ********, but it does make sense to stigmatize a person based upon an education institution. I received a scholarship offer to UM but still couldn't afford it neither could my son. But family and closest friends attending made sense for me and my child to go UF route. I wore my canes gear proudly the entire time I was there and never once did anyone say a word to me. Same with my boy.

Wanna know how we do it in my family? When I was applying to schools, I asked my dad for $60 to apply to UCF, UF, and FSU. We knew we couldn't afford UM, and I knew my dad would never pay for UF, but I was interested to see if I could get in to each school. It cost $20 to apply to a state school back then.

He walked into his room and returned with $40. When I looked at him confused and said, "I said I needed $60.....it's $20 each", he replied, "If you want to apply to the sheep****ers, find your own ******* money. Those pricks will never get a dime of mine."

That's how Canes roll.

I was only 8 when UF cancelled (*****ed out of) the annual series. It didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't now. How do you justify ending a series against a rival? I'm not talking about some conference rival like Virginia Tech but an instate rival that you played every single year going back 50 years. Since then, I've learned some of the history of the rivalry and the hate for UF far overshadows hate for teams like FSU, Penn Rape or Ohio Fake. The only rivalry that maybe compares would be Notre Dame. Both programs were happy to schedule Miami for annual beat downs but when Miami started winning against them, they both quit.

It's because Miami got good and started beating them. Period. That's the whole story. If Miami remained a doormat, trust me, UF would still play us every year. No question. But once we actually started winning, then the excuses came. Again, THIS is why they're the softest pussies in the country. NOBODY does this. (OK, except maybe UT and A&M, but that's egregious too)

Advertisement

I have high school friends who went to UF but are Miami season ticket holders. Let's be honest, a lot of people simply can't afford to attend private schools and UF is by far the most prestigious state school available. Especially if your parents set up a Florida Pre-Paid account for you when you were a kid. You can only use that money at a state school.

Been to well over a hundred Canes games in my life. Nothing and I mean nothing will ever match the mutual hatred between the two schools that existed in the 80's before they bailed on us.

During the Kerwin Bell game you could look out and at any given moment and there would literally be a dozen different fights going on in the stands. If you had the misfortune of being in a section made up primarily of the other team's fans, you knew from the moment you sat down you were going to brawl that day.

It was a glorious, unfiltered, no holds barred hate fest made all the more awesome because we dominated them.

Don't always want to sound like the old guy talking about way back when, but this younger generation has no idea how white hot this rivalry was before the Turds pussed out and ran.

I have high school friends who went to UF but are Miami season ticket holders. Let's be honest, a lot of people simply can't afford to attend private schools and UF is by far the most prestigious state school available. Especially if your parents set up a Florida Pre-Paid account for you when you were a kid. You can only use that money at a state school.

Bingo

I get it man, my wife's whole family went to UF, they're from Jacksonville so I think it's some sort of mandate...funny thing is my BIL oldest daughter just got rejected by UF and she's going to.....FSU, LMAO!

Last edited:
True. Which is exactly why my children do NOT have a florida pre-paid account. I know it's a good deal financially, but f'ck that, too high of a chance it means they'll go on to be Gators.

Advertisement
True. Which is exactly why my children do NOT have a florida pre-paid account. I know it's a good deal financially, but f'ck that, too high of a chance it means they'll go on to be Gators.

Technically, as long as private school remains significantly more expensive than state school, you're still going to have to deal with a kid possibly attending UF. If you're wealthy enough to afford UM tuition, it doesn't matter either way though.

The simple fact is that UF is academically the best public school in the state. Because of that, I'm hoping my kids go there with the bright futures scholarships they will hopefully earn.

But come game day, they need to know I was a Cane before I was their parent.

Technically, as long as private school remains significantly more expensive than state school, you're still going to have to deal with a kid possibly attending UF. If you're wealthy enough to afford UM tuition, it doesn't matter either way though.
True, but if you have a FL prepaid then you're obviously going to send your kid to a Florida school or the money is wasted. I want my kids to have the ability to go out of state to school like I did, if that's their desire, which is actually the main reason I didn't invest in that program.

Advertisement
True, but if you have a FL prepaid then you're obviously going to send your kid to a Florida school or the money is wasted. I want my kids to have the ability to go out of state to school like I did, if that's their desire, which is actually the main reason I didn't invest in that program.
Understandable. Out of state tuition wasn't an option when I was picking a school.

Understandable. Out of state tuition wasn't an option when I was picking a school.
I hear you. I absolutely don't have the savings to send either kid to an out of state school or a private school like Miami right now. I've still got well over a decade to hopefully get there though. Leaving the DC area to go to Miami saved my life. I was caught up in a weird world with great dudes who unfortunately did a lot of bad stuff, and was teetering on the edge of disaster. I literally picked up and left everything and everyone I knew in life and started completely over in Miami. I remember as my folks drove away after moving me into Mahoney, I realized there wasn't a single person I knew within almost 1000 miles of me. It was quite an intimidating feeling, but it presented the opportunity for me to get a truly fresh slate, and I took that opportunity and became a totally different person. I honestly don't know what would have become of me if I had stayed around the old stomping grounds for college or gone to VT or Radford where most of the people who came from my area went. I will forever be grateful that my parents were able to help make that happen for me, and hope I will be able to provide a similar opportunity for my two kids if they want to leave the state for school as well - though I pray their reasons for doing so will be very different from mine! LOL

My personal favorite FU gator moment:

1980 - Schnellenberger is mad as **** at these oranges and he's not going to take it anymore
This is perhaps the earliest example of the "f*** you" attitude Hurricanes head coach Howard Schnellenberger would instill in the program. The 1980 matchup was a Hurricanes route of the Gators in The Swamp, and Florida fans were so upset they began pelting Hurricanes players with oranges. Despite a comfortable lead, Schnellenberger decided to call a last minute field goal in response just to rub the eventual 31-7 victory.

I think OL coach Chris Vagotis got hit by an orange, maybe even knocked out, and that’s when Howard sent in the fg team. Eff the gator!!!

My wife and I have been discussing this Florida pre paid college fund, as we are trying to start a family. Do you know if it can be applied to tech school? My whole family is in education and I'm proud to have a degree but I have a trade that doesn't require one and pays me much more than most college grads. Personally, I believe trade school is more valuable for income and job security.

Advertisement
Back