A History Lesson RE: the gator

I hate the gaytor and everything it stands for. I hate their colors. I hate their tradition. I hate Gatorade. ** Emmitt Smith. ** Fred Taylor. ** Timmy. ** Percy Harvin. ** that racist ** Riley Cooper (AND ** CHIP KELLY FOR CUTTING DESEAN JACKSON AND KEEPING HIS *** *** ON THE TEAM). ** Jevon Kearse. I would say ** Aaron Hernandez, but he ****ed himself. ** Ahmad Black's substitute teacher ***. ** Steve Spurrier. **** Kodak Black. I would let the last two drops of **** on my phallus run down my leg before i would ever entertain putting out a fire on a gaytor fan.
OG MACO VOICE..... ** EM ** EM **** EM.

I literally despise that sh1thole in Gainesville.

Advertisement
Canes Family,

As each day of the calendar flips, and **** do they flip fast, we get closer and closer to Week 1 and a date with the gator in Orlando. I've been seeing more and more posts on here about Game 1, and rightfully so. It's a HUGE game for this program as we transition into what we all hope is a very successful Manny Diaz era.

But I want to make sure that all Canes fans FULLY understand the hatred that exists between these 2 programs. I want each and every one of us to be worked into a fervent lather as this game approaches, because not only do we want to smash these cousin****ers, but we want to embarrass and disrespect them as well. Because, frankly, that's what they've done to us throughout their history when they could. Because they're the scum of the earth, and I want everyone on this site and in this fan base to understand that.

First of all, a few times a year, a thread will pop up about "Who do you hate most?" and there are always several answers. FSU, obviously. Notre Dame. Some of you hate other schools we've had history with, like OSU or Pedophile State. And that's fine...I understand those answers. But for the older Canes, the ones who FULLY know the history of the program, there is only 1 answer: the gator. I understand if you hate FSU. We play them every year, they've been good lately, there's a lot of alumni in South Florida, you probably know dozens of FSU fans, etc. etc. But at the root of the history of the program, there is a mutual respect between Miami and FSU. We hate each other, but we respect each other. This is how it's always been. But with UF, there is ZERO respect. None. It is pure guerrilla warfare. And I think this is lost on some of the younger fans because they don't truly know the history. Hopefully this thread can educate some of you on why we not only want to beat these spineless pricks, we want to embarrass and humiliate them. And then laugh in their faces while fingerbanging their women. Well, the 3 or 4 hot ones out of the 25k that go there.

It really all started with the Gator Flop in 1971. In one of the most classless and embarrassing displays in the history of the game, the gators LAID DOWN ON THE FIELD in order to let Miami score so they could get the ball back to their QB John Reaves, who was about to set the all-time NCAA record for passing yards. I encourage all of you to read about it HERE. It's hard for me to articulate how embarrassing and disrespectful this was. UF was winning the game 45-8 at the time, and all of their defenders fell down on the field to let Miami score. And then, to make matters worse, many of their players jumped into the fountain at the Orange Bowl that used to house Flipper, the Miami Dolphins mascot (who of course, also played at the Orange Bowl at the time). So you beat our *** (remember, Florida was a MUCH better program at this time), you flop onto the field to let your chicken**** QB break a record on our field, and then you jump into our fishtank? Nope. That **** doesn't fly here. Read up on the Gator Flop. It's truly one of the most despicable and disrespectful acts in the history of the game.

OK, let's fast forward a little bit. Through the 70s and into the 80s. Now, you need to remember 2 things: Miami and Florida had played every year since 1939 into the 80s. That's 49 straight years of football (save 1943 for a little thing called War War 2). So they were our FSU at the time. And also, Florida was MUCH better than Miami in the late 60s and through the 70s. From 1968 to 1977, the gators beat Miami 9 times to Miami's 1. The gator administration had NO PROBLEMS beating the **** out of Miami every single year at this time. But then something funny happened. Miami actually got good at football. And from 1978 until the series ended in 1987, Miami beat UF 7 out of 10 times. Uh-oh. This tomato can we've been pummeling for years and years is actually ruining our seasons. So what do these cowards do? They cancel the ******* series. And what's the excuse?? They say they "want to play a more national schedule". Oh really? Well, after the 1987 game in which they scored FOUR ******* points on 2 balls snapped over Miami's punter's head for 2 safeties (and they lost 31-4), instead of opening with Miami, they instead played Montana State in 1988...a game they won 69-0. Yep. Bunch of tough guys. Oh, and the 1987 game at Miami was the last time they opened the season outside of Gainesville until 2017. They got tired of getting their *** kicked by Miami, so they dropped them and played a home opener for the next THIRTY years.

So let's recap. We play every year for a generation, you usually kick our ***, you lay down on the **** field so your QB can break a record, and then you jump in our fishtank. You lose 7 out of 10 games, and cancel the series. The last game we play, you score FOUR points (that we gave you). While Miami has built their program on the "anyone, anytime, anywhere" mantra we all know, the university of florida hadn't played a road OOC game outside of the state of Florida since 1991...until the Michigan game 2 years ago when they got blown off the field. Add in the fact they kicked a FG with 25 seconds left when they had a dominant team in 2008 that was totally meaningless and 10000% running up the score.....and we're going hunting for blood in August. I hope we kill these soft *** ********. Every single one of 'em.

So, next time someone asks you who Miami's biggest rival is....if you want to say FSU or OSU or whoever, that's your prerogative. But for the true historians of the program, the answer is really that scum that resides in CANESville. They truly are the softest program in the country, and there is no debate.
I don't hate much but when I do it's the Gators that bring out the hate in me. I would like nothing more than to smoke these ***ers on opening day.
I'm in a tough spot these days though. My youngest daughter goes to UF's dental school and she loves it. She doesn't care for Gainesville much at all but she does love the dental program. With that said. We are a house divided. I stand my ground. My money is going to UF but my heart is always with the Canes!! As for your statement that there arent any hot chicks at UF. You sir are wrong or simply haven't visited the campus recently because it's a complete smoke show. Hot chicks everywhere.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Many of you are too young to remember waking up, going outside to grab the paper, then pouring over every word written in it.

During that time the Herald had an iconic columnist named Edwin Pope who best summarized the entire Gator football program into one simple sentence:

They have the arrogance of Alabama, with the tradition of Vanderbilt.

Many of you are too young to remember waking up, going outside to grab the paper, then pouring over every word written in it.

During that time the Herald had an iconic columnist named Edwin Pope who best summarized the entire Gator football program into one simple sentence:

They have the arrogance of Alabama, with the tradition of Vanderbilt.

This is great.

And yes, RIP the legend, Edwin Pope.

Only thing I'm going to disagree with is the gaytes being a Miami rival. They aren't our rival, they're just the little mouthy ***** that lives up the block and talks tons of **** but never wants to square up. **** them.

Advertisement
Some of you guys crack me up, "a different kind of kid goes to UF"...seriously, my son goes to UF and virtually all of the kids I've met from there are just like every other college kid.
Funny I went to their spring game two years ago and wore my Miami hat, we went to a coupe of tailgates and even a frat house and no one said a peep to me, even in the stadium we talked about Richt and their concerns about Franks and Mullen.

I came to the U, 1/72, the hate was palpable, the wound was fresh. We weren’t a very good FB team, good guys, some good players a few great. Nobody liked the Gators before the Flop, but after, if a gator needed cpr any Cane would gladly **** down their throat. I went to grad school at UGA , nuff said on Gator Hate. So now we have the opportunity to on a big stage to *** the Gators, and *** them hard. 8/24 can’t come soon enough, Go Canes🙌🏿

Advertisement
Some of you guys crack me up, "a different kind of kid goes to UF"...seriously, my son goes to UF and virtually all of the kids I've met from there are just like every other college kid.
Funny I went to their spring game two years ago and wore my Miami hat, we went to a coupe of tailgates and even a frat house and no one said a peep to me, even in the stadium we talked about Richt and their concerns about Franks and Mullen.
That’s cause their Pussies 😁

It depends on the kid, but I have NEVER had a good experience with a Gator. Everyone I met has been an arrogant prick. I have even had Gaytors tell me, to my face(in public areas so they know they won't catch an *** whipping) that Miami is for kids that didn't get into UF. When this happens, I like to bring up current employment. This shuts them up quickly.

Although, I haven't had any good experiences with FSU fans either. 2years ago I was visiting one of my friends in the hospital and he was sharing a room with some old guy who just had a heart attack or a stroke or something of that nature. So as I am walking out of the room I see the guys son is wearing an FSU Baseball shirt. So just to be nice I asked him if he went to FSU. He said his son goes to FSU. I said something along the lines of "nice, I went to UM you guys beat us last year, but we will get you next year" He responded with "we beat you like 6 times in a row". I then said" Obviously I was talking about baseball because you are wearing an FSU baseball shirt. You guys suck at baseball so I was trying to give you a compliement". Luckily, I never saw him again because UM started to really schit the bed in baseball after that discussion.

Advertisement
I don't hate much but when I do it's the Gators that bring out the hate in me. I would like nothing more than to smoke these ***ers on opening day.
I'm in a tough spot these days though. My youngest daughter goes to UF's dental school and she loves it. She doesn't care for Gainesville much at all but she does love the dental program. With that said. We are a house divided. I stand my ground. My money is going to UF but my heart is always with the Canes!! As for your statement that there arent any hot chicks at UF. You sir are wrong or simply haven't visited the campus recently because it's a complete smoke show. Hot chicks everywhere.

Go Canes!!!!!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'd like to see what your standards for a smoke show are

I used to make it a point to walk through their campus expecting to see hot chicks, never once did that happen.

I walked through that bish, chilled in the library etc. at least 7 or 8 times. Bunch of f'n nerds is how I would describe it, zero smoke shows. Literally saw one chick that was "cute"

Also was walking down a street by myself and tebow came riding by on some girly looking scooter, ***ing LOL'D

My personal favorite FU gator moment:

1980 - Schnellenberger is mad as **** at these oranges and he's not going to take it anymore
This is perhaps the earliest example of the "f*** you" attitude Hurricanes head coach Howard Schnellenberger would instill in the program. The 1980 matchup was a Hurricanes route of the Gators in The Swamp, and Florida fans were so upset they began pelting Hurricanes players with oranges. Despite a comfortable lead, Schnellenberger decided to call a last minute field goal in response just to rub the eventual 31-7 victory.

Last edited:
with regards to the "gator flop". you wont see me crying or complaining about it. that's a gator and nole trait. to the victors go the spoils i say. and id hope that if we ever found ourselves in that same situation, we'd do the exact same thing.

over here sounding like randy shannon after urban kicked a field goal. accept the *** whooping and everything that comes along with it, keep your mouth shut, and do everything ******* possible to ensure that you dont end up in that same situation again.

My personal favorite FU gator moment:

1980 - Schnellenberger is mad as **** at these oranges and he's not going to take it anymore
This is perhaps the earliest example of the "f*** you" attitude Hurricanes head coach Howard Schnellenberger would instill in the program. The 1980 matchup was a Hurricanes route of the Gators in The Swamp, and Florida fans were so upset they began pelting Hurricanes players with oranges. Despite a comfortable lead, Schnellenberger decided to call a last minute field goal in response just to rub the eventual 31-7 victory.

Yup. Don Bailey Jr. has commented on this incident many times. I'm telling you guys, THIS is the hated program. THIS is the program we need to embarrass. We rarely get a chance to play these pussies. We can NOT let this opportunity slip. This is Miami's most hated rival, period. You cannot lose to this team.

Advertisement
Back