A History Lesson RE: the gator

Canes Family,

As each day of the calendar flips, and **** do they flip fast, we get closer and closer to Week 1 and a date with the gator in Orlando. I've been seeing more and more posts on here about Game 1, and rightfully so. It's a HUGE game for this program as we transition into what we all hope is a very successful Manny Diaz era.

But I want to make sure that all Canes fans FULLY understand the hatred that exists between these 2 programs. I want each and every one of us to be worked into a fervent lather as this game approaches, because not only do we want to smash these cousin****ers, but we want to embarrass and disrespect them as well. Because, frankly, that's what they've done to us throughout their history when they could. Because they're the scum of the earth, and I want everyone on this site and in this fan base to understand that.

First of all, a few times a year, a thread will pop up about "Who do you hate most?" and there are always several answers. FSU, obviously. Notre Dame. Some of you hate other schools we've had history with, like OSU or Pedophile State. And that's fine...I understand those answers. But for the older Canes, the ones who FULLY know the history of the program, there is only 1 answer: the gator. I understand if you hate FSU. We play them every year, they've been good lately, there's a lot of alumni in South Florida, you probably know dozens of FSU fans, etc. etc. But at the root of the history of the program, there is a mutual respect between Miami and FSU. We hate each other, but we respect each other. This is how it's always been. But with UF, there is ZERO respect. None. It is pure guerrilla warfare. And I think this is lost on some of the younger fans because they don't truly know the history. Hopefully this thread can educate some of you on why we not only want to beat these spineless pricks, we want to embarrass and humiliate them. And then laugh in their faces while fingerbanging their women. Well, the 3 or 4 hot ones out of the 25k that go there.

It really all started with the Gator Flop in 1971. In one of the most classless and embarrassing displays in the history of the game, the gators LAID DOWN ON THE FIELD in order to let Miami score so they could get the ball back to their QB John Reaves, who was about to set the all-time NCAA record for passing yards. I encourage all of you to read about it HERE. It's hard for me to articulate how embarrassing and disrespectful this was. UF was winning the game 45-8 at the time, and all of their defenders fell down on the field to let Miami score. And then, to make matters worse, many of their players jumped into the fountain at the Orange Bowl that used to house Flipper, the Miami Dolphins mascot (who of course, also played at the Orange Bowl at the time). So you beat our *** (remember, Florida was a MUCH better program at this time), you flop onto the field to let your chicken**** QB break a record on our field, and then you jump into our fishtank? Nope. That **** doesn't fly here. Read up on the Gator Flop. It's truly one of the most despicable and disrespectful acts in the history of the game.

OK, let's fast forward a little bit. Through the 70s and into the 80s. Now, you need to remember 2 things: Miami and Florida had played every year since 1939 into the 80s. That's 49 straight years of football (save 1943 for a little thing called War War 2). So they were our FSU at the time. And also, Florida was MUCH better than Miami in the late 60s and through the 70s. From 1968 to 1977, the gators beat Miami 9 times to Miami's 1. The gator administration had NO PROBLEMS beating the **** out of Miami every single year at this time. But then something funny happened. Miami actually got good at football. And from 1978 until the series ended in 1987, Miami beat UF 7 out of 10 times. Uh-oh. This tomato can we've been pummeling for years and years is actually ruining our seasons. So what do these cowards do? They cancel the ******* series. And what's the excuse?? They say they "want to play a more national schedule". Oh really? Well, after the 1987 game in which they scored FOUR ******* points on 2 balls snapped over Miami's punter's head for 2 safeties (and they lost 31-4), instead of opening with Miami, they instead played Montana State in 1988...a game they won 69-0. Yep. Bunch of tough guys. Oh, and the 1987 game at Miami was the last time they opened the season outside of Gainesville until 2017. They got tired of getting their *** kicked by Miami, so they dropped them and played a home opener for the next THIRTY years.

So let's recap. We play every year for a generation, you usually kick our ***, you lay down on the **** field so your QB can break a record, and then you jump in our fishtank. You lose 7 out of 10 games, and cancel the series. The last game we play, you score FOUR points (that we gave you). While Miami has built their program on the "anyone, anytime, anywhere" mantra we all know, the university of florida hadn't played a road OOC game outside of the state of Florida since 1991...until the Michigan game 2 years ago when they got blown off the field. Add in the fact they kicked a FG with 25 seconds left when they had a dominant team in 2008 that was totally meaningless and 10000% running up the score.....and we're going hunting for blood in August. I hope we kill these soft *** ********. Every single one of 'em.

So, next time someone asks you who Miami's biggest rival is....if you want to say FSU or OSU or whoever, that's your prerogative. But for the true historians of the program, the answer is really that scum that resides in CANESville. They truly are the softest program in the country, and there is no debate.

Advertisement
To me, the whole "FSU respects us" is debunked by every single Nole fan I have had the displeasure of conversing with.

It was more like the players and fans had some respect for each other..... some of it came from the fact that Bobby supported us when we were Independent and played us without fear each year....
Not so with the Gaytors.. they did their best to keep us out of conference and not play us when we got better..

To sum it up, with the Noles it is rivalry and game day hate.....with Gaytors and Domers, it is pure unadulterated, all year, eternal hatred...

Advertisement
It was morlike the players and fans had a healthy respect for each other..... some of it came from the fact that Bobby supported us when we were Independent and played us without fear each year....
Not so with the Gaytors.. they did their best to keep us out of conference and not play us when we got better..

To sum it up, with the Noles it is rivalry and game day hate.....with Gaytors and Domers, it is pure unadulterated, all year, eternal hatred...

Bobby has a great quote...he once said, "My tombstone will read, 'At Least He Played Miami'".

Trust me, that's a direct shot at the gator. But he's right. FSU never ducked us. They never ran and hid. They never claimed they needed to be national. And Miami cost them AT LEAST a few national championships. But at least they're men. More than I can say about the pompous pricks in Hogtown.

Nothing better than...

Advertisement
Canes Family,

As each day of the calendar flips, and **** do they flip fast, we get closer and closer to Week 1 and a date with the gator in Orlando. I've been seeing more and more posts on here about Game 1, and rightfully so. It's a HUGE game for this program as we transition into what we all hope is a very successful Manny Diaz era.

But I want to make sure that all Canes fans FULLY understand the hatred that exists between these 2 programs. I want each and every one of us to be worked into a fervent lather as this game approaches, because not only do we want to smash these cousin****ers, but we want to embarrass and disrespect them as well. Because, frankly, that's what they've done to us throughout their history when they could. Because they're the scum of the earth, and I want everyone on this site and in this fan base to understand that.

First of all, a few times a year, a thread will pop up about "Who do you hate most?" and there are always several answers. FSU, obviously. Notre Dame. Some of you hate other schools we've had history with, like OSU or Pedophile State. And that's fine...I understand those answers. But for the older Canes, the ones who FULLY know the history of the program, there is only 1 answer: the gator. I understand if you hate FSU. We play them every year, they've been good lately, there's a lot of alumni in South Florida, you probably know dozens of FSU fans, etc. etc. But at the root of the history of the program, there is a mutual respect between Miami and FSU. We hate each other, but we respect each other. This is how it's always been. But with UF, there is ZERO respect. None. It is pure guerrilla warfare. And I think this is lost on some of the younger fans because they don't truly know the history. Hopefully this thread can educate some of you on why we not only want to beat these spineless pricks, we want to embarrass and humiliate them. And then laugh in their faces while fingerbanging their women. Well, the 3 or 4 hot ones out of the 25k that go there.

It really all started with the Gator Flop in 1971. In one of the most classless and embarrassing displays in the history of the game, the gators LAID DOWN ON THE FIELD in order to let Miami score so they could get the ball back to their QB John Reaves, who was about to set the all-time NCAA record for passing yards. I encourage all of you to read about it HERE. It's hard for me to articulate how embarrassing and disrespectful this was. UF was winning the game 45-8 at the time, and all of their defenders fell down on the field to let Miami score. And then, to make matters worse, many of their players jumped into the fountain at the Orange Bowl that used to house Flipper, the Miami Dolphins mascot (who of course, also played at the Orange Bowl at the time). So you beat our *** (remember, Florida was a MUCH better program at this time), you flop onto the field to let your chicken**** QB break a record on our field, and then you jump into our fishtank? Nope. That **** doesn't fly here. Read up on the Gator Flop. It's truly one of the most despicable and disrespectful acts in the history of the game.

OK, let's fast forward a little bit. Through the 70s and into the 80s. Now, you need to remember 2 things: Miami and Florida had played every year since 1939 into the 80s. That's 49 straight years of football (save 1943 for a little thing called War War 2). So they were our FSU at the time. And also, Florida was MUCH better than Miami in the late 60s and through the 70s. From 1968 to 1977, the gators beat Miami 9 times to Miami's 1. The gator administration had NO PROBLEMS beating the **** out of Miami every single year at this time. But then something funny happened. Miami actually got good at football. And from 1978 until the series ended in 1987, Miami beat UF 7 out of 10 times. Uh-oh. This tomato can we've been pummeling for years and years is actually ruining our seasons. So what do these cowards do? They cancel the ******* series. And what's the excuse?? They say they "want to play a more national schedule". Oh really? Well, after the 1987 game in which they scored FOUR ******* points on 2 balls snapped over Miami's punter's head for 2 safeties (and they lost 31-4), instead of opening with Miami, they instead played Montana State in 1988...a game they won 69-0. Yep. Bunch of tough guys. Oh, and the 1987 game at Miami was the last time they opened the season outside of Gainesville until 2017. They got tired of getting their *** kicked by Miami, so they dropped them and played a home opener for the next THIRTY years.

So let's recap. We play every year for a generation, you usually kick our ***, you lay down on the **** field so your QB can break a record, and then you jump in our fishtank. You lose 7 out of 10 games, and cancel the series. The last game we play, you score FOUR points (that we gave you). While Miami has built their program on the "anyone, anytime, anywhere" mantra we all know, the university of florida hadn't played a road OOC game outside of the state of Florida since 1991...until the Michigan game 2 years ago when they got blown off the field. Add in the fact they kicked a FG with 25 seconds left when they had a dominant team in 2008 that was totally meaningless and 10000% running up the score.....and we're going hunting for blood in August. I hope we kill these soft *** ********. Every single one of 'em.

So, next time someone asks you who Miami's biggest rival is....if you want to say FSU or OSU or whoever, that's your prerogative. But for the true historians of the program, the answer is really that scum that resides in CANESville. They truly are the softest program in the country, and there is no debate.

Nice. I would just point out that "most hated" and "biggest rival" are not the same. FSU is indeed our biggest rival, but for many of us not the most hated.

Advertisement
A different kind of kid goes to UF

Not sure how to explain it

I meant to put something about this in the OP. You are so **** right. It's crazy....I "know" a lot of people who went to UF, and then a lot of people who went to other schools. And I'm a rational, educated, sane-minded person, but I am really close with exactly 2 gators. Two. Out of all the ones I know. It really is insane, and like you said, I'm not sure how to explain it exactly. But I genuinely dislike 99% of the people associated with that institution. I can talk **** with family/friends/even people on social media with virtually any other fan base. But any gator, I get incensed. They're just horrible people, honestly.

Bobby has a great quote...he once said, "My tombstone will read, 'At Least He Played Miami'".

Trust me, that's a direct shot at the gator. But he's right. FSU never ducked us. They never ran and hid. They never claimed they needed to be national. And Miami cost them AT LEAST a few national championships. But at least they're men. More than I can say about the pompous pricks in Hogtown.

My hate of the gator knows no limit but I get tired of hearing bobby and the noles glorified. Losing to us close instead of us crushing them made their program famous. They were easily the biggest chokers in football history but since they loss close games to us in closing minutes on national tv they was pietied and glorified. When we needed last minute field goal to beat them and get to that glorious Orange Bowl game that changed history, we made it in their home field. When did they ever make one like that. When we were down big late in game, Playmaker light them up and we scored several time to take lead. Then we block two point conversion and they get praise and piety. We don’t hate the noles because we won every game that mattered against them when we were both good. They won when we where down. Why would we hate them; it was not respect but rather they weren’t worth hating. Besides they had hot chicks who were easy.

The gators never even won the sec before we won the NC so they sucked. We hate them because they were and are classless blowholes. Steve slipped in one title when we were down and then left town once he got taste of Butch’sCanes. The only reason they have huge alum base is that they had political power to deny So Fl and upper division or 4 year university for decades. Kids who could afford Miami, Berry or later Biscayne(St. Thomas), had to go to swampland of trailerville. They are trash for more than just the Flop, which I sat through, our being cowards. Hate the gator for sure but stop with respect for the noles.

Advertisement
Canes Family,

+22 trillion
Excellent recap for the young ones on this site!!!
A+

I meant to put something about this in the OP. You are so **** right. It's crazy....I "know" a lot of people who went to UF, and then a lot of people who went to other schools. And I'm a rational, educated, sane-minded person, but I am really close with exactly 2 gators. Two. Out of all the ones I know. It really is insane, and like you said, I'm not sure how to explain it exactly. But I genuinely dislike 99% of the people associated with that institution. I can talk **** with family/friends/even people on social media with virtually any other fan base. But any gator, I get incensed. They're just horrible people, honestly.
They’re arrogant.

I hate the gaytor and everything it stands for. I hate their colors. I hate their tradition. I hate Gatorade. **** Emmitt Smith. **** Fred Taylor. **** Timmy. **** Percy Harvin. **** that racist **** Riley Cooper (AND **** CHIP KELLY FOR CUTTING DESEAN JACKSON AND KEEPING HIS ***** *** ON THE TEAM). **** Jevon Kearse. I would say **** Aaron Hernandez, but he ****ed himself. **** Ahmad Black's substitute teacher ***. **** Steve Spurrier. **** Kodak Black. I would let the last two drops of **** on my phallus run down my leg before i would ever entertain putting out a fire on a gaytor fan.
OG MACO VOICE..... **** EM **** EM **** EM.

I literally despise that sh1thole in Gainesville.

Advertisement
Back