A good fit

If you think that doesn't matter then re-hire Golden and give him another 10 years.
Miami culture is the same as "5 rings". It's old allure that fans continue to bring up as a requirement for this job for some useless reason. Golden failed because he was a bad coach and loved his DC too much

Advertisement
Brethren, I asked the same ?. What does a good fit even mean?

Give me a guy who can coach, and comes from a winning culture. Also give me a guy who wasn’t f’ing fired at his previous gig.
All you have to do is point to Jimmy Johnson when people start talking bout this ****.

Miami culture is the same as "5 rings". It's old allure that fans continue to bring up as a requirement for this job for some useless reason. Golden failed because he was a bad coach and loved his DC too much
Golden failed because he tried to plug and play his Temple blueprint in Miami. It's a completely different world. Different universe.

I keep seeing people say this coach or that coach isn’t a good fit. That’s bullsh#t. There is only one culture that matters. A winning culture. A good coach and staff will make it work. It doesn’t matter where they are from. Saban coached at multiple schools and made it work everywhere. Meyer was in Utah Florida and Ohio. Those are all way different places. He made it work. Kids want to win! They don’t give a crap about the cultural background of the coach. I hate when I see people type cultural fit. Hire a winner. The team will take on a winning culture, simple as that.
So you're saying we should go after Meyer when hes let go by Jacksonville........ gotcha, I'd do that deal

I keep seeing people say this coach or that coach isn’t a good fit. That’s bullsh#t. There is only one culture that matters. A winning culture. A good coach and staff will make it work. It doesn’t matter where they are from. Saban coached at multiple schools and made it work everywhere. Meyer was in Utah Florida and Ohio. Those are all way different places. He made it work. Kids want to win! They don’t give a crap about the cultural background of the coach. I hate when I see people type cultural fit. Hire a winner. The team will take on a winning culture, simple as that.
Exactly. I'm so tired of this "Miami guy" nonsense that our administration and some of our fans are obsessed with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back