A few Unofficial Times from Pro day and Video Clip

sorry i dont believe the tracy howard 4.44

Doesn't matter if you don't believe it, just if the scouts do.

Guy ran a sub 4.50 40 in a monsoon. I remember Tracy's junior season where games went by without him giving up a completion.
Whoever gets him is going to get a steal, particularly since he will either be a late round pick or an UFA.

im all for him getting drafted high

i just dont believe hes that fast

Advertisement
I hope Tracy and the rest of the CANES earn themselves a lot of money today. They wore the []_[] on their helmets, that's all that matters. Why second guess what was reported? All our players looked slow in our old system, so not surprise if he bust is butt for the last 4 months to improve his speed...that's what people normally do when millions are on the line. Salute T3

Advertisement
McCord was a 4.77 and people keep calling him a freak athlete. That's slow for a 240 pound de/olb.
This years crop of pass rushers is the slowest in memory. 4.7 is near the top. Noah Spence was a 4.8, Shaq Lawson was a 4.7. That bodes well for McCord in late rounds or a priority UDFA.
...Charles tapper: 4.59, Emmanuel Ogbah: 4.63, Kamalei Correa: 4.69, Shaq Lawson: 4.7, Matt Judon: 4.73, Dadi Nicholas: 4.74, Yannick Ngakoue: 4:75

5 of those guys are 255+

It was raining when they were running their 40s

sorry i dont believe the tracy howard 4.44

That's hard to believe looking back on his career here. At no time, did he play like a 4.44 guy. Could it ALL have been because he was playing in a horrible scheme? Well yea, we know scheme was one major problem. But Speed (so a lot of us thought), was a problem, too. He really looked slow out there at times. If he really ran that fast, then it has to be totally on coaching and that sh11ty scheme.

we had a 4.28 guy do even less. what does speed have to do with it?

i believe he can run around a 4.5 or just under that. if you watch his film when chasing down plays, he looks plenty fast. his speed wasn't as big of an issue as being asked to play 10 yds off the receiver and not taught to look back for the ball in the air.

Advertisement
McCord was a 4.77 and people keep calling him a freak athlete. That's slow for a 240 pound de/olb.

This years crop of pass rushers is the slowest in memory. 4.7 is near the top. Noah Spence was a 4.8, Shaq Lawson was a 4.7. That bodes well for McCord in late rounds or a priority UDFA.
...Charles tapper: 4.59, Emmanuel Ogbah: 4.63, Kamalei Correa: 4.69, Shaq Lawson: 4.7, Matt Judon: 4.73, Dadi Nicholas: 4.74, Yannick Ngakoue: 4:75

5 of those guys are 255+

Come on man. It was raining plus those times were the BEST at the COMBINE. His time is right on par with those the top invitees. My point is simply that it's a solid time. I think any scout would agree. In McCord's case...The time helps him and he's now going sign on somewhere as an UDFA. He wasn't invited to the combine and it's well known it is that Fat Al's defense made everyone look like crap.

Last edited:
Advertisement

5 of those guys are 255+

Come on man. It was raining plus those times were the BEST at the COMBINE. His time is right on par with those the top invitees. My point is simply that it's a solid time that doesn't hurt you. I think any scout would agree.
that's on Astro turf which makes you slower. Example: Deon bush ran 4.64, and today he ran 4.54 so by that math Tyriq McCord runs a 4.87 at 240 if invited to the combine...it's easier to run on natural grass than turf.

Last edited:

5 of those guys are 255+

Come on man. It was raining plus those times were the BEST at the COMBINE. His time is right on par with those the top invitees. My point is simply that it's a solid time that doesn't hurt you. I think any scout would agree.
that's on Astro turf which makes you slower. Example: Deon bush ran 4.64, and today he ran 4.54 so by that math Tyriq McCord runs a 4.87 at 240 if invited to the combine...Rashawn Scott also ran faster than he did at the combine...it's easier to run on natural grass than turf.

scott didn't run at the combine. don't know why people keep saying that. and then use artificial turf for the new practice field

5 of those guys are 255+

that's on Astro turf which makes you slower. Example: Deon bush ran 4.64, and today he ran 4.54 so by that math Tyriq McCord runs a 4.87 at 240 if invited to the combine...Rashawn Scott also ran faster than he did at the combine...it's easier to run on natural grass than turf.

Rashawn Scott didn't even run the 40 at the combine, genius

Advertisement

5 of those guys are 255+

Rashawn Scott didn't even run the 40 at the combine, genius
go get your law degree and **** off, genius. It obviously slipped my mind since I was the one that told you guys he didn't run at the combine because I did the combine thread.

Not comparing at all, but Terrell Suggs ran a 5.0 in the 40 and he told everyone F a 40, I got game speed. Again, not comparing at all, but 40 times for DE and LBs don't me ish.

Unless you're and DB or WR, and to some extent RB. I care less about 40s. Relentlessness, plus acceleration and quickness. Those are what LBs and DL have to have. They are rarely ever going to run more than 20 yards per play much less a 40.

Advertisement
Back