A few scrimmage nuggets

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. I disagree but if you feel that way, cool.

Sure, if you think that Saban would bypass their baker’s dozen of five star receivers for a guy that has the dropsies during games - remember they practically have first choice throughout the nation - then you’re entitled to that opinion too.

And I’m entitled to the opinion that your opinion is really dumb.

You’re literally the first porster that is trying to imply that he would be a starter, or at least a major player, at Alabama. I’ll give you props for putting yourself out there like that. Best of luck to you when you die on that hill.

Advertisement
No fans likes you aren't needed, obviously football is too serious for you! So everybody should have the same opinion as you?? Sounds like you don't have a life outside of Canes football, relax bud basement can't be that hot today. King threw bad passes AND WR's dropped passes, BOTH are true! So bash the WR's AND King!

Oh so just because our offense is better than our offense was in a meaningless bowl game where the players quit on Enos, means are offense was great? Not sure if you know but it doesn't take much to have a better offense than Enos, so that shouldn't be the standard.
Ah, you're one of those trolls. Not even a slurp mope or straddling the fence. Just an obvious
thundercunt of a troll.. so...
tenor - 2021-03-23T130848.666.gif

First off, I don't live in my mother's basement. But I sure as **** helped her remodel her basement with her Midwestern flooding problems and spent a pretty penny doing so and with that CDL job that wouldn't have been possible so suck my unit and **** you very much, try another 2nd grade insult, ***cboy.
Secondly... oh blame King for the bad throws.... you dumb fück. What QB doesn't have a bad throw? But since you bought it up... what's a QBs main objective? GET THE BALL TO THE WR. And them balls got to them no matter how they looked and they dropped it. Ball hit em in the hands, they dropped it but it's King's fault? Are you ******* serious?

Ah and football is too serious for me. If it is, I should have a podcast-oh wait, me making my $$$ and taking care of my family seems to be more important than that, so again. FAIL.

Don't @ me no more. I ain't one of these CIS rooks, son. So you can take your little troll slurp, corny *** insults and your stupid little arguments somewhere to the kiddie table, son. Fück you very much and have a very blessed day and God bless, slapnuts.

Sure, if you think that Saban would bypass their baker’s dozen of five star receivers for a guy that has the dropsies during games - remember they practically have first choice throughout the nation - then you’re entitled to that opinion too.

And I’m entitled to the opinion that your opinion is really dumb.

You’re literally the first porster that is trying to imply that he would be a starter, or at least a major player, at Alabama. I’ll give you props for putting yourself out there like that. Best of luck to you when you die on that hill.
Man, fück that dude. Let him argue with himself now. Prolly what his woman does, if he has one.

Advertisement
Jerry Juedy had 14 drops last year.
Mark Pope had 6 drops last year.

Does this mean Juedy is trash? Just asking for the difference

I will ignore for a moment that one guy is playing in his first 16-game season in the NFL, while the other was in his third season of college football and played 11 games. But not on his worst day as a starting WR in college did JJ look as bad as Pope and Wiggins did against OkSU:

That is one example of the difference.

Ah, you're one of those trolls. Not even a slurp mope or straddling the fence. Just an obvious
thundercunt of a troll.. so... View attachment 145094

First off, I don't live in my mother's basement. But I sure as **** helped her remodel her basement with her Midwestern flooding problems and spent a pretty penny doing so and with that CDL job that wouldn't have been possible so suck my unit and **** you very much, try another 2nd grade insult, ***cboy.
Secondly... oh blame King for the bad throws.... you dumb fück. What QB doesn't have a bad throw? But since you bought it up... what's a QBs main objective? GET THE BALL TO THE WR. And them balls got to them no matter how they looked and they dropped it. Ball hit em in the hands, they dropped it but it's King's fault? Are you ******* serious?

Ah and football is too serious for me. If it is, I should have a podcast-oh wait, me making my $$$ and taking care of my family seems to be more important than that, so again. FAIL.

Don't @ me no more. I ain't one of these CIS rooks, son. So you can take your little troll slurp, corny *** insults and your stupid little arguments somewhere to the kiddie table, son. Fück you very much and have a very blessed day and God bless, slapnuts.
@RVACane

Are "thunderc[]nt" and "slapnuts" on the approved MKlein list?

I vote yes if not already.

I will ignore for a moment that one guy is playing in his first 16-game season in the NFL, while the other was in his third season of college football and played 11 games. But not on his worst day as a starting WR in college did JJ look as bad as Pope and Wiggins did against OkSU:

That is one example of the difference.

Point is, fans think if you drop a pass you should transfer. NFL WR's drop passes so it's unrealistic to think college WR's won't. QB's are going to throw bad passes sometimes, WR's are going to drop passes, RB's are going to fumble sometimes, all part of the game. Never said they were great, just saying don't write them off.

Pope had way too many drops but some on this board have a “You’re only as good as the last thing I remember “ mindset.

Before the bowl game he was playing good stretch of football for us.

What? At no point has he ever had a good stretch , he dropped balls all year. An unreal amount , 22 % of his targets were drops. That didn’t just happen in the bowl game lol. If you’re comparing to Pope to Pope of previous years he improved. But he was still bad.

I was comparing Pope to Pope. He was averaging 5 for 65 more or less going into UNC. Had longs of 38, 39 and 36 with a couple of TD.

Thought he was improving before the wheels came off again at OK St.

Pope had one good game all season, and it was about 6 weeks before the bowl game. For the record, here's Pope's stats per game:

9/10/20UAB2189.0015
9/19/20LOUISVILLE46416.0031
9/25/20FLORIDA ST.56012.0022
10/10/20CLEMSON000.000
10/17/20PITTSBURGH5469.2016
10/24/20VIRGINIA34816.0038
11/06/20NC STATE69716.2139
11/14/20VIRGINIA TECH45012.5136
12/05/20DUKE000.000
12/12/20NORTH CAROLINA263.004
12/29/20OKLAHOMA STATE2147.0012
Total:3340312.222

Pope easily had his best game of the season against NC State (a pass defense in the bottom half of college football). He had a statistically half-decent (read that as average) game against VT (one of the worst pass defenses in college football who was also out a starting CB and S for the game), which was probably his second best game all season. Then he basically disappeared for the remainder of the season.

@Go Canes!!, if you meant to say, "he had one good game all season about 6 weeks before the bowl game, and followed it up with a half-decent day against one of the worst pass defenses in the P5 last year 5 weeks before the bowl game," then I won't argue with you.

Advertisement
Pope had one good game all season, and it was about 6 weeks before the bowl game. For the record, here's Pope's stats per game:

9/10/20UAB2189.0015
10/10/20CLEMSON000.000
12/05/20DUKE000.000

Pope easily had his best game of the season against NC State (a pass defense in the bottom half of college football). He had a statistically half-decent (read that as average) game against VT (one of the worst pass defenses in college football who was also out a starting CB and S for the game), which was probably his second best game all season. Then he basically disappeared for the remainder of the season.

@Go Canes!!, if you meant to say, "he had one good game all season about 6 weeks before the bowl game, and followed it up with a half-decent day against one of the worst pass defenses in the P5 last year 5 weeks before the bowl game," then I won't argue with you.

LOL at those splits

9/10/20UAB2189.0015
10/10/20CLEMSON000.000
12/05/20DUKE000.000

He had ok, but improving numbers. He had too many drops but was playing better. Go up and down most rosters and his numbers are what a second leading receiver has in college football. Could have been better if he had better hands.

Shrug. No one is calling him an All American.

Point is, fans think if you drop a pass you should transfer. NFL WR's drop passes so it's unrealistic to think college WR's won't. QB's are going to throw bad passes sometimes, WR's are going to drop passes, RB's are going to fumble sometimes, all part of the game. Never said they were great, just saying don't write them off.
Yeah, I'm writing them both off. Especially Wiggins. I have a tiny little sliver of hope for Pope, and even then only in a minimized role coming off the bench.

Jeudy caught 145 balls for nearly 2500 yards and 24 TDs in his last two seasons of college football (as a sophomore and junior). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after his first NFL season and expect the drops to go down.

If you want to compare apples to apples, combining his sophomore and junior seasons, Pope caught 51 balls for 669 yards and 4 TDs. Whatever your point was, it is probably best made by avoiding any comparison of Pope with Jeudy.

No fans likes you aren't needed, obviously football is too serious for you! So everybody should have the same opinion as you?? Sounds like you don't have a life outside of Canes football, relax bud basement can't be that hot today. King threw bad passes AND WR's dropped passes, BOTH are true! So bash the WR's AND King!

Oh so just because our offense is better than our offense was in a meaningless bowl game where the players quit on Enos, means are offense was great? Not sure if you know but it doesn't take much to have a better offense than Enos, so that shouldn't be the standard.
You are a lousy troll.

Advertisement
Jerry Juedy had 14 drops last year.
Mark Pope had 6 drops last year.

Does this mean Juedy is trash? Just asking for the difference

Jeudy caught 159 passes for 2742 yards & 26 touchdowns in college. This astronomical production provides lots of goodwill for a “drops issue” that can likely be attributed to lack of focus & is not suggestive of a larger inability to catch a football.

On the other hand, Mark Pope thus far has built up 0 good will via production at the University of Miami while also demonstrating the ability of not being able to consistently catch a football.

that’s the difference. P.S. I am a Pope guy & think if played in the slot, could show things that he has not shown thus far.

For the sake of the board, please be sure your helmet is securely fastened before your next post. Thank you in advance for your compliance & have a great day.

Anyone could have put up Pope's numbers last year. He's replacement level. Give Marshall Few or apfenny all of those looks and they put up those numbers, too...they probably wouldn't drop over 20% of the balls thrown their way, either. That's a ridiculous number of drops.
Sadly I think apfenny is out of eligibility, otherwise I'm all for this.

Advertisement
JFC, can we just ban @RVACane and @Go Canes!! already.... if this spat carried on in every thread like this with two normal posters involved, they would have been banned already. This **** is annoying as **** at this point. But it’s acceptable because rva is involved I guess.
First and foremost, let me just say I am absolutely flattered my little post ruffled the feathers of someone as important as your boyfriend so much that he went out of his way to message you with such passionate and strong language.

Second, I am genuinely happy that he is able to provide you with the validation and support that you need to be confident enough in yourself to decide against self banning from his thread. Moreover, that you felt the need to cite that as your reasoning, instead of just I don’t know, standing on your own two feet and saying “fvck you” by yourself.

But real question here, do you think you add value as a mod? Your in every thread waving your mod stick threatening to ban everyone for every little spat they have, yet you are literally spamming the message board with this bvllsh!t.

You constantly refer to yourself as an old head than proceed to consistently post like a 12 year old who just discovered AOL chat rooms for the first time.

For the record, you were a much better poster before someone decided to make you feel like you actually did something of importance with your time by giving you a mod title.
Gotts to agree. RVA was a much better poster before he became a Maude. Now he's nothing more than a Maude gone rogue. Kind of like a cop gone dirty but in a safety patrol kind of a way.

Go Canes

He had ok, but improving numbers. He had too many drops but was playing better. Go up and down most rosters and his numbers are what a second leading receiver has in college football. Could have been better if he had better hands.

Shrug. No one is calling him an All American.

Are you suggesting his numbers were still "improving" after the NC State game? Doesn't that ignore the fact Duke and UNC, games that happened after NC State, were two of his worst 5 performances of the season?

And lol @ anyone, anywhere arguing over whether Pope is an All American. That's about the craziest straw man ever constructed around these parts. If that was the argument, I might ask @RVACane to get your IP address out to the authorities to find you for a mental health examination under the Baker Act. Nobody is calling him an All American. Nobody is calling him All ACC. Nobody is calling him a draftable WR next draft. Most people aren't even calling him a "good WR" (though you are getting danger close with your "he was playing good stretch of football for us" comment). The "debate" is whether Pope even deserves to be a top 3 WR on this team next season (which, to be clear, the answer is no. Wiggins is worse, but Pope doesn't deserve it either).

As far as your completely unsupported, throw-away statement about what a 2nd leading WR is doing (numbers-wise) in college, below I post Pope's stats against the No. 2 leading WR in each ACC team (along with how many games they played). Clemson, NC State, UNC, UL, and Pitt's No. 2 WRs all blow Pope's season out of the water. When you consider VT's No. 2 WR wins every statistical category in 1 fewer game, I think that's a clear win for VT's No. 2 WR. Similar story with Wake's No. 2 WR, and to a lesser extent UVA's No. 2 WR. Even GT's No. 2 WR's stats are essentially a wash with Pope if extrapolated over 11 games (though he'd whip Pope in TDs and have more yards). The only No. 2 WRs in the ACC Pope is arguably ahead of based on last season's numbers are Syracuse and Duke's. And we already know Pope and Wiggins were the two worst WRs in the ACC for drop rate last season, giving Pope the worst drop rate of any of these WRs. End of the day, he was statistically among the worst No. 2 WRs in the ACC last season (easily bottom third, likely worse).

Here's Pope again (in 11 games):

Louisville's 2nd leading WR (going by yards, this is Atwell in 9 games... Fitzpatrick's numbers are about double Pope's yards and more catches and TDs, too):

UVA's 2nd WR (still going by yards... in 10 games):

VT's 2nd WR (in 10 games):

GT's 2nd WR (in 7 games):

Duke's 2nd WR (in 11 games):

BC's 2nd WR (in 10 games):

NC State's 2nd WR (in 11 games):

Clemson's 2nd WR (in 11 games):

UNC's 2nd WR (in 12 games):

FSU's 2nd WR (Terry... keeping in mind FSU only played 9 games, but Terry only played 5 games):

Syracuse's 2nd WR (in 11 games):

Wake Forest's 2nd WR (in 8 games):

ND's 2nd WR (in 9 games):

Pitt's 2nd WR (in 11 games):

Advertisement
Back