A few scrimmage nuggets

Advertisement
Manny is going to lose the team if he starts Pope over X. That's not an exaggeration. The other young guys want to see him and need to see him rewarded for putting in the work.

Forget their high school star ranking and judge them solely on their game tapes and production. X is the better player.

Play that man.

Bruh WTF are you talkin' about? Are you obliterated drunk during the games? He NEVER dropped a single punt.

Anyways....your logic makes no fvckin' sense because Pope LITERALLY had punts bounce off his face and he still got burn at WR. So clearly what you do at PR has no influence with playing time at WR.
That doesn't even make a lick of sense.

"We think this kid can really contribute at WR but we want to see him return punts first."

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

Pope was Edward Scissorhands last season at times...

I was one of the first to bash the **** out of Pope and took a lot for it. He’s been the most overrated hyped up guy in long time. His body is plain weird for a WR. I’ve never understood the love saying he’s so smooth because he looks anything but with pads on. He’s never broken a tackle and has never won a contested catch unless it fell in his bread basket.
U also called Harley a JAG early last year. Basically said he was worthless.

Advertisement
He’s never broken a tackle and has never won a contested catch unless it fell in his bread basket.
as much as i dont want to see pope play and as much as i agree with what you wrote beforehand, this sentence is just not true whatsoever.

if we want to **** on players, can we at least provide evidence? it would make the discussion way more comfortable.

No idea , I literally got all the info dropped on me in two minutes, I had a crap load of stuff going on and was trying to make it to the lake lol. I missed on Restrepo and Garcia having good days but I’m pretty sure tvd played more against ones. Only reason I even made the thread I had a few free seconds.

People need to remember this is one scrimmage , nothing is settled. There’ll still be movement at some positions. The only locks imo right now at skill positions is Don, Mallory , Rambo and Harley.
Don got the most upside athletically no lie

Have seen very little of Restrepo, but he's white (Cuban?) and had a big day in the slot, so I'm going to do the stereotype thing and make the Berrios comparison 😉.
Seriously though, was the short rotation at wr last year legit, or a convenient excuse for not getting enough wideouts ready to play/in games? From a coaching standpoint, it easier to earmark a few and get 'em ready rather than juggling 6-7. Those in the know, what's Likens history re: this matter?
Maybe players contracting Co-Vid and the overall difficulty of the circumstances was a big factor, but at the time it seemed hard to understand why Smith wasn't getting more reps. And now Restrepo, who reportedly had Greentree moments last year, and appears to be breaking out.
The coaches ****ed up 100%

Advertisement
Not every player is perfect as soon as they set foot on campus, some need development. Maybe Redding, Worsham, and Payton will take a big step this year with a full offseason to practise.

Advertisement
Redding apparently crushed everyone at the All American game so maybe the coaches are using him incorrectly (very possible) or he just had an off day.

Manny is going to lose the team if he starts Pope over X. That's not an exaggeration. The other young guys want to see him and need to see him rewarded for putting in the work.

Forget their high school star ranking and judge them solely on their game tapes and production. X is the better player.

Play that man.
This.

Keep talking about WRs needing to step up and you have a kid like X stepping up and taking his game to the next level.

sticking with the upper class men will kill whatever mojo the younger hungry cats have and let the upper class men know they don’t need to worry about job security

Advertisement

Play that man.

Are you sure it’s not a slight exaggeration?

Advertisement
Back