A few scrimmage nuggets

Advertisement
TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was not running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.
Most important line was "D dominated".

Where do they have him playing
No idea , I literally got all the info dropped on me in two minutes, I had a crap load of stuff going on and was trying to make it to the lake lol. I missed on Restrepo and Garcia having good days but I’m pretty sure tvd played more against ones. Only reason I even made the thread I had a few free seconds.

People need to remember this is one scrimmage , nothing is settled. There’ll still be movement at some positions. The only locks imo right now at skill positions is Don, Mallory , Rambo and Harley.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He runs a 4.5 but as of now it doesn’t look that way when the football is in his hands. It’s still early , we knew he was raw and needed work coming in.
Who knew he was raw? This is the 1st time I have ever heard Redding being described as raw.

I'm not being a prick to you @Cribby I'm just being honest about not knowing Redding was considered raw. Love your contributions to the board my friend! Keep bringing it!

I had the same thought when i saw the stats. They said he was going to ease in. I think it's rather telling about the young man's ability...
Man if we do well with TVD or Garcia at QB and either plays well? We could be looking to really do well 2022-2023 seasons. I’m stoked we have capable gun slingers behind King, especially Jake. Kid is going to be special wearing the Orange and green.

Advertisement
Who knew he was raw? This is the 1st time I have ever heard Redding being described as raw.

I'm not being a prick to you @Cribby I'm just being honest about not knowing Redding was considered raw. Love your contributions to the board my friend! Keep bringing it!
I was told awhile ago he was a specimen but needed work, he needs time before getting a lot of burn.

Last edited:
TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was not running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.
Would not gave ts on anything but corner

Attachments

• tumblr_0d452944c0d77332e288741473433874_db2fd497_250.gif
    tumblr_0d452944c0d77332e288741473433874_db2fd497_250.gif
    811.5 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
That sucks about Redding. I had high hopes for the kid. Maybe he can emerge as a redzone threat.
It’s still early. I started not to mention it but I was told the same thing last year but I didn’t think it was right to post that about a true fr. I’ve been told he has trouble separating.

Ive seen guys who needed work look lost or play slower than their actual speed and normally it’s thinking rather than playing. The speed of the game could be an issue , then the light comes on for them two , three years later. Or maybe he’s just who we thought he was. Either way it’s still too early to give up on him.

Advertisement
Still think Redding should get some practice at TE.
I don't think this is such a crazy idea. Not a true TE but H back may be in his future. He might have a bit of Jared Cook in him.

Attachments

• 70fb2df8aba03eb621b8cd6b93c04454.jpg
    70fb2df8aba03eb621b8cd6b93c04454.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Interesting note on Redding and Pope.

Not surprised they keep throwing life rafts to Pope.
Surprised Redding is slow. Wasn’t he a low 4.4 guy with crazy good physical numbers?
It could be that he is coming off of a nagging injury or that he is still thinking too much out there and playing tentative.

Advertisement
Back