A few scrimmage nuggets

Advertisement
TVD has been here a It sounds like Garcia impressed and TVD doesn’t have the mobility they thought so if Garcia gives us the best chance at QB2 then that’s who it should be.
Garcia and TVD will battle all the way through fall. Tvd struggled day one but has been good since. Garcia looks good for just showing up.

Question; what were the correct stats for the QBs I saw where it was said they were reversed but don't know which were the right ones.
I have no idea. My motive for saying what I said is that in the past it seems like the kids with seniority played over better younger kids so I’m hoping that’s changed. I get that it’s just begun.

Advertisement
I mention punts bc this staff has been adamant about guys contributing on special teams prior to offense/ defense. Guys who hav excelled on specials got more reps on O/D under this staff.

muffed only 1? LOL cmon dude. He dropped at least 3-4 punts. Whether he got them back or recovered is a different story.
Bruh WTF are you talkin' about? Are you obliterated drunk during the games? He NEVER dropped a single punt.

Anyways....your logic makes no fvckin' sense because Pope LITERALLY had punts bounce off his face and he still got burn at WR. So clearly what you do at PR has no influence with playing time at WR.
That doesn't even make a lick of sense.

"We think this kid can really contribute at WR but we want to see him return punts first."

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

Advertisement
Garcia played big time competitive high school football with with big time coaches and TVD did not....also Garcia was playing just this past December whereas TVD has not played a in a year in a half. Garcia should be ahead of TVD and sharper.
So, you honestly think Garcia's recent "big time" high school experience in Georgia trumps TVD actually being within our program for an entire year ?

Bruh WTF are you talkin' about? Are you obliterated drunk during the games? He NEVER dropped a single punt.

Anyways....your logic makes no fvckin' sense because Pope LITERALLY had punts bounce off his face and he still got burn at WR. So clearly what you do at PR has no influence with playing time at WR.
That doesn't even make a lick of sense.

"We think this kid can really contribute at WR but we want to see him return punts first."

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago
african american paperboy GIF

Advertisement
He tried to pick it up off the ground iirc?
I didn't have a problem with it.
He was trying to make something happen.

There was another one where the player on the other team touched the ball first and X tried to scoop it up.
Smart on his part because it's a free play for the return guy.
Correct.
He never muffed a punt.

*He picked a rolling punt off the ground on his first career attempt. People lost their minds.
*He picked up a rolling punt THAT WAS TOUCHED by the defensive player which = free play. Smart by X. People lost their minds.
*The only really bad one was the roller against Clemson near our own end-zone. That was a bad decision, but as already stated, he got ahead of himself trying to make a big play to spark some momentum while the rest of his teammates were willingly taking it in the a$$ from Clemson.

Advertisement
Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point

Restrepo is a dog who desperately wants to make a big play every time he touches the ball. The problem is that sometimes leads to ill advised decisions like trying to pick up returns on a bad hop or thinking of a house call on a bubble screen before he secures the pass. It's a different problem than with a guy like Wiggins who looks like he struggles with just simply catching the ball. Restrepo just needs coaches to calm him down and more game experience. You want that kind of heart in a player. I think he's going to be a baller.

Manny says...

"He's willing himself into becoming a guy."

LOL. Okay bud.

6 is going to be out there dropping passes on 9/4 and I’m just going to laugh my *** off. I’m done being upset about it. Him and his HS teammate literally lost our last game for us with their bullsh*t after doing the same stuff all season but he keeps getting these 1st team reps/chances. Whatever.

Advertisement
Back