A few scrimmage nuggets

Advertisement
Unless I'm mistaken didn't Restrepo miss several games because of COVID protocols and minor injuries? You'd have to assume he missed a lot of practice too. Hard already as a true freshman to get into the mix let alone under those circumstances, so maybe the "he wasn't given a chance" stuff is overblown.
Nah I don't believe it has been overblown. I believe it to be facts. That's my opinion. I don't need you to agree with it.

Advertisement
Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point
The **** you cap and make excuses for and the grand conclusions you draw elsewhere is really incredible.

Advertisement
So
I was putting into context that Redding can look bad in a scrimmage and still have utility as a player. I agree there's plenty of time for it to sort itself out but I don't wanna hear excuses like "he can't get open" to explain why he's glued to the bench when he's the only strong-bodied WR with size on the roster. Like did the staff not watch the same HS film that I did? They should know what he can and can't do.

So if Harley was such a productive slot why is he being shifted to the outside? Harley's strength is his speed and pace working against mismatches and zones. Those strengths are negated if he has to win 1on1s outside. And Pope is missing key skills that you want from a slot receiver. So yeah if that's even remotely being considered as a starting trio I'm gonna complain. I'm not a Rambo fan either... https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/rambo-to-miami.167622/page-17#post-5106825

I agree Harley is better playing inside.

What does Poe lack other than toughness that makes you think he won’t play better inside as well?

Thanks, Cribby. It actually sounds pretty encouraging to me. I was expecting the offense to dominate the 1st scrimmage as usual and it sounds like the D is looking good under Manny the DC and the new coaches.

I don’t think they’re gonna be able to keep Strepo and Chase Smith off the field. And if, Garcia looks even close to TVD, give me García. I hope the coaches would be willing to put him at QB2, even if TVD transfers, if he looks that good.
Why Garcia over TVD? I think TVD will light it up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Garcia played big time competitive high school football with with big time coaches and TVD did not....also Garcia was playing just this past December whereas TVD has not played a in a year in a half. Garcia should be ahead of TVD and sharper.
We shall see, I think TVD is a more accurate passer with a bigger arm and smarts. Garcia has also done well but to write off one without seeing either one is silly.

I don’t think you can take too many things out of this, at least I don’t.

But I will say this: I’m surprised at the amount of action Garcia got considering what I thought was an indication that he was just going to get very light work at the beginning.

Looks like he’s just fine.

Let’s see if that injury, I think it’s a foot injury, is a non-factor for the rest of the spring
Agreed.

What we’ve all been missing re: the foot injury is the game video. Our CIS podiatry team would have been able to pinpoint recovery time and order him the proper orthotics with a 10 second clip.

Do you think he was given a fair opportunity to prove what he can do in a game situation lining up with the ones? I don't think so. Not with the amount of favoritism being shown by the coaches and based on the amount of snaps Pope and Wiggins continued to receive week after week after week drop after fckn drop.
First time I’m hearing this....

Advertisement
Back