A few scrimmage nuggets

He’s a pretty good athlete , it’s more he’s not a runner. He’s just a pocket passer. He’s not a statue, just not interested in scrambling or running. Which is fine, move the pocket and the curbs plays is enough. You just won’t see zone reads and designed runs.
With this OL, you better be open to running. Last year, many times, King took off not because it was designed for him to run, but because he was running for his life. This is more of an indictment on our OL and staff. Last year, it was crystal clear to me TVD is a pocket passer who depends a lot on the OL, naturally.

Advertisement
Can’t tell if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that the defense did well against the run, but that’s spring practice for you. Huff putting it together would ease my thought of LB play a little. If I remember correctly Redding’s HS highlights were mainly just deep jump ball catches. He has the tools and work ethic so let’s not bury him just yet.

Can’t tell if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that the defense did well against the run, but that’s spring practice for you. Huff putting it together would ease my thought of LB play a little. If I remember correctly Redding’s HS highlights were mainly just deep jump ball catches. He has the tools and work ethic so let’s not bury him just yet.

Considering last year how all we heard early spring and fall were the backs ripping off long runs and then we saw what took place once the season actually started, I’ll take it. I know it’s just one spring scrimmage, but that run defense was the worst I have ever seen last year. Down right embarrassing, so I’ll take it and hope it continues ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point
Do you think he was given a fair opportunity to prove what he can do in a game situation lining up with the ones? I don't think so. Not with the amount of favoritism being shown by the coaches and based on the amount of snaps Pope and Wiggins continued to receive week after week after week drop after fckn drop.

I don’t think you can take too many things out of this, at least I don’t.

But I will say this: I’m surprised at the amount of action Garcia got considering what I thought was an indication that he was just going to get very light work at the beginning.

Looks like he’s just fine.

Let’s see if that injury, I think it’s a foot injury, is a non-factor for the rest of the spring
I had the same thought when i saw the stats. They said he was going to ease in. I think it's rather telling about the young man's ability...

Advertisement
What punts got to do with reps at WR?

And he only muffed one punt, versus Clemson. He was trying to make a play while the rest of the team was laying down.
You guys are blowing the PR thing way out of proportion.
He tried to pick it up off the ground iirc?
I didn't have a problem with it.
He was trying to make something happen.

There was another one where the player on the other team touched the ball first and X tried to scoop it up.
Smart on his part because it's a free play for the return guy.

Advertisement
I would take everything with a grain of salt in scrimmages except the WRs Vs DBs and OL Vs DL. Everything being called is basic vanilla ****. The offense isn't trying to catch the defense off guard and set them up with plays. The defense isn't disguising coverages and sending exotic blitz. It's just Man on man

Do you think he was given a fair opportunity to prove what he can do in a game situation lining up with the ones? I don't think so. Not with the amount of favoritism being shown by the coaches and based on the amount of snaps Pope and Wiggins continued to receive week after week after week drop after fckn drop.
Unless I'm mistaken didn't Restrepo miss several games because of COVID protocols and minor injuries? You'd have to assume he missed a lot of practice too. Hard already as a true freshman to get into the mix let alone under those circumstances, so maybe the "he wasn't given a chance" stuff is overblown.

Advertisement
Back