A few scrimmage nuggets

I understand the reasons why yall believe these guys yall referencing will enter the portal but im sure its someone in their ear telling them it’s thousands of other 2-4 star men in the portal waiting for a home.

Would you rather earn a degree and potential playing time here or earn it at Arkansas state or Jacksonville state. No disrespect to those schools but its levels to this when it comes to NFL/ post playing career earning potential
There is way too much logic to this rationale.
Come on we have kids leaving early to be UDFAs. There is NO ONE in their ear giving them advice as logical as what you just said.
There are however plenty of goons telling them “ yo, just hit the portal, ball out wherever you go and you can still make millions in the NFL” No one is saying “ hey a degree from Miami can get you a great job post playing, and odds are you are not an NFL player. Even if you are your not making enough money to last a lifetime, so focus on that degree.”
Sorry I’ve just seen too much evidence to believe any of these kids want or get solid advice.

Advertisement
There is way too much logic to this rationale.
Come on we have kids leaving early to be UDFAs. There is NO ONE in their ear giving them advice as logical as what you just said.
There are however plenty of goons telling them “ yo, just hit the portal, ball out wherever you go and you can still make millions in the NFL” No one is saying “ hey a degree from Miami can get you a great job post playing, and odds are you are not an NFL player. Even if you are your not making enough money to last a lifetime, so focus on that degree.”
Sorry I’ve just seen too much evidence to believe any of these kids want or get solid advice.
Your post makes Perry look very smart.

if Wiggins and Pope leave, I don’t see Payton leaving. At least not this year.

We got a lot OL that don’t play. I could see Traore and Reed leaving.
We can't afford to lose 3 WRs to the portal....2 would hurt but 3 would be devastating to our WR depth. If I had to guess I'd say Wigs and Payton, with Pope staying.

Advertisement
Not speculating on who might be leaving or where they might be going but in terms of getting a UM degree. Lots of guys in athletic scholarships have their bachelor after three years.

Advertisement
What in the ******* FVCK is going on in this thread the last couple of pages?

A bunch of retarded speculation on a bunch of our crappiest players "going into the Portal"?

I've said it before, but it needs to be reiterated...

WHERE IN THE FVCK ARE ALL THESE GUYS GOING? WHO IS GOING TO TAKE THEM? WHERE ARE THE MAGICAL IC'S THAT WILL ALLOW THESE KIDS TO HAVE FINANCIAL AID?

Although I tend to agree it is a bit premature for all of this speculation, and entering the transfer portal now (before the NCAA has addressed the IC issue) is foolish for most of these kids, it would hardly be the first time a UM football player made a brash/emotional/stupid decision to leave the program. Would not surprise me if a few kids jumped out of the frying pan and right into the fire.

It’s this guy

5DDCBF01-71C4-42A1-BD19-C0D1513016B3.jpeg

Advertisement
Although I tend to agree it is a bit premature for all of this speculation, and entering the transfer portal now (before the NCAA has addressed the IC issue) is foolish for most of these kids, it would hardly be the first time a UM football player made a brash/emotional/stupid decision to leave the program. Would not surprise me if a few kids jumped out of the frying pan and right into the fire.

Correct. But usually the brash/emotional/stupid decision is to go to the NFL too early/too low, or to transfer in a non-Covid year.

I'm just not sure why these guys think they'll get scholarships anywhere else in Division I-A.

Advertisement
We can't afford to lose 3 WRs to the portal....2 would hurt but 3 would be devastating to our WR depth. If I had to guess I'd say Wigs and Payton, with Pope staying.
we could lose all three and be fine tbh. we literally lost the last game cuz of pope and wiggins, payton i like cuz he's from jax and i thought he was going to be a dog so if he leaves cool if not i wouldn't mind it if he stayed 1 more year. We got 3 dogs coming in!

No. Pope/Wiggins have hurt more than they’ve helped. Payton has barely played and shown nothing. I’d be fine if all 3 left. We’d have 9 guys left in the room. That’s a good number and there is a ton of talent. Outside of Harley, I’m ready to be done with Dugans’ receivers.

I disagree boss. We lose those 3 then that's total of 5 gone after the 2021 season because Harley and Rambo both gone. If this were the 2023 recruiting class at WR coming in I'd say let's do it, but 2022 WR class is going to need some time to develop once on campus. We need to keep AT LEAST 1 of 3 out of Pope Wiggins and Payton. Preferably Pope, and I wouldn't mind keeping Wiggins even though most Canes are ready to move on.

Harley, Rambo, Smith, Restrepo, Daz, Redding

Pope, Wiggins, and Payton

George, Brinson, and Brashard.

Advertisement
Back